David Letterman to retire in 2015

MorningNews

So I guess he did want the Late Show spot then?

Not necessarily. The commitment of the game show likely had a lot to do with this, and let's be frank, succeeding Letterman would not make the game show a possibility.

I really hope Chelsea Handler does NOT get the spot, I hate her.

Well, the article seems to already dismiss the possibility, so...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess he did want the Late Show spot then?

Not necessarily. The commitment of the game show likely had a lot to do with this, and let's be frank, succeeding Letterman would not make the game show a possibility.

Craig had next to 0% shot at getting the "Late Show" job. And, I'm not sure he really wanted it. I really think that " Prince of Wales" clause was only really only there if god forbid something happened to Dave. Or, to provide a "golden parachute" when the end finally came.

Dave had it written into his contract the ability to produce the program following his (via Worldwide Pants.) That will no longer be the case going forward. Craig is Dave's guy not really CBS' guy. And, given Craig's ratings as I posted on the last page it's not that shocking they want to move on with their own guy.

I'm of the belief the game show commitment was really more "reading the writing on the wall" if you will. As I've suspected and articles have proven this whole sequence of events was started years ago. So, Craig seeing the end is nearing started to make plans to move on to his next "project" before the end came.

If this article is any indication, CraigyFerg's production company is heading into overdrive, with quite a few projects lined up. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see him become the host of "I F-ing Love Science."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived