WPIX debuts brand New Graphics, Opens

NYNewsCoverage

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually possible they went and had new cuts made of their theme, and they're mixing them in.

One thing I'd note - those graphics are GORGEOUS. Very nice, almost like KDVR in a way.

Here's a short close of the 5PM newcast, not that it means much. However, the cut seems like one I don't remember. Sorry for the not-so-great quality.

The cut used in that close was used before, and here's proof:

The funny thing is the refreshed WPIX compilation I uploaded days ago is now already out of date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgYlEEb4Auw

Awesome! Finally something better for WPIX, especially the custom NonStop Music package. I will record the 10PM open from my cable box (and hopefully the close, for those who are praying for a long close, which they haven't done in a while). The video will be from my HD camera, but the music I will wire up straight to my computer to get the best sound.

Lets wish WPIX good luck and make more good moves to move them up the NY News ranking (at least out of last)!

I love that the old music is back! Great move for the station. Glad they dumped their production music and subway sounds for quality.

As for the graphics... I've only seen what "new york meteorologist" posted but I'm not impressed. It looks sloppy and very in-house to me. Things don't match. Looks like different elements were created independently with no real clue as to what the "theme" would be. Maybe I'll change my mind seeing the whole thing at 10 tonight but I'm disappointed in what I've seen so far.

(Not that their previous few packages were any better... especially that ugly green thing from a few years ago.)

I love that the old music is back! Great move for the station. Glad they dumped their production music and subway sounds for quality.

As for the graphics... I've only seen what "new york meteorologist" posted but I'm not impressed. It looks sloppy and very in-house to me. Things don't match. Looks like different elements were created independently with no real clue as to what the "theme" would be. Maybe I'll change my mind seeing the whole thing at 10 tonight but I'm disappointed in what I've seen so far.

(Not that their previous few packages were any better... especially that ugly green thing from a few years ago.)

At least they seem better than the graphics they had before! Even though they may not be so good, it's a step in the right direction.

There's still too much going on with the graphics. The logo/time/temp bug doesn't go with the L3, nor does it go with the weather graphics. I don't know why they chose blue/purple and orange.

The only thing I like is the over the shoulder graphics. They look nice.

I love that they're bringing back the music. Not sure if that's cut I would have chose.

Look how simple and good looking the following L3's are from back in the day, all they need to do is update these to make them look sharper.

Yeah, I think the graphics are still messy, and need to be kind-of reworked, but as long as the custom theme's back, I'm thrilled. GM Rich Graziano hinted that a new studio is coming soon. Looks like these changes may be the game changer for WPIX, and Mark Effron may be able to keep his job. But still, does the public really care about graphics? Probably not, they care more about content, and lets hope the content is improved as well. I'm dying to see if the morning theme comes back.

Here is the 10PM open!

Video quality is not great, but the audio is straight from the cable box, to somehow enjoy the WPIX Custom Package.

The open seemed a little weird and the L3 with their names seems like the font is too small.

Hopefully I will record a long close tonight (low chance)!

Archived