FOX29 set renovations

PhillyWatch

I can't seem to find any video on their website but the Good Day crew were tweeting today about planned set renovations in time for the September debut of the new co-host/weekend morning broadcasts. Apparently there were antics involving Jerrick in a hard hat and a skit involving him blowing up the studio.

I really hope they keep those streetside windows open. I've always been a fan of streetside studios and it was a bummer for KYW to lose theirs a few years back. I'm hoping Comcast gives 10 a nice "studio in the sky" once the new tower (and new home of NBC10) is finished.

EDIT: I posted too soon. Here's a link to a few clips from this morning's show, apparently the final one from the studio as it is now, featuring "dynamite" being placed around the set and various set pieces being destroyed. The Ben Franklin Bridge motif is on it's way out. Mike plugs a "brand new studio" as coming this Monday, however the blurb in the link states "a couple of weeks" as the arrival date.

Wow. That was an EPIC fail video. But again, that is Philly for ya!!

-- Matt

Those videos were funny. You need to get a sense of humor. This should be a national morning show. Mike Jerrick is awesome and the whole crew seems to work well together.

Those videos were funny. You need to get a sense of humor. This should be a national morning show. Mike Jerrick is awesome and the whole crew seems to work well together.

See, they kind of tried that right before Jerrick came back to Good Day (yes, this is his second stint - I couldn't believe he could top the first, but he has).

See, they kind of tried that right before Jerrick came back to Good Day (yes, this is his second stint - I couldn't believe he could top the first, but he has).

No, "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet" was nothing like this. You take this format with the two young and old women he host with, and this would be great.

The set implosion reminds me of KTLA when they debuted their Devlin Design Set (Flashpoint era) on Halloween of 1997. Out with the old and in with the new, but this was way beyond corny.

So for the next 6 weeks Good Day will be on a "junior set" in the style of 6ABC, just off to the side of the main set

will the main set be changed too - or is this just for Good Day? is the FNC Philly studio in the same area? from what I saw in the clip the newsroom is to the back of the studio, and it looked like that's where guests appear on FNC/FBN if they are from Philadelphia.

I liked the show that was on FNC (Dayside - If I am not mistaken?) The problem with the national show, it was a little different than the FNC show. The real problem is even for syndicated Fox programming, they have limited shelf life. Add Mike Huckabee to this list. Let me sum it up this way, you never want to watch a favorite show on Fox, because it's always that show get gets canceled after the first season.

• 1 month later...

The station updated its graphics during the Morning News. It originally was a full cool blue and now is a flat white with a large shade of red on the lest side of the screen with the station name and Time & Temp are. The top off the L3 is also red. The Live bug is white with a gold end.

Here's a sample.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203870080944707&set=pcb.10203870081704726&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203870081064710&set=pcb.10203870081704726&type=1&theater

Watching Good Day now, and they finally debuted the new set.

It's very bright. Really. It's so bright it makes the Today set look like a dark orange cave. So much yellow is prominent with touches of blue throughout and features large TV screens behind the anchors, along with some place with computer screens behind the cameras; probably a built-in small newsroom. It looks kinda small; smaller than the last set, which to me, was a little vast and spread out. I really like it, but I'll also have to get used to the yellow and brightness.

Also my initial perception that it kinda looks like TRL? It still holds up.

The station updated its graphics during the Morning News. It originally was a full cool blue and now is a flat white with a large shade of red on the lest side of the screen with the station name and Time & Temp are. The top off the L3 is also red. The Live bug is white with a gold end.

Here's a sample.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203870080944707&set=pcb.10203870081704726&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203870081064710&set=pcb.10203870081704726&type=1&theater

I'm barred from seeing these.

Ignore the bug in the upper left corner, O&O online players overlay that regardless. This morning's show should be up all afternoon for anybody wanting to see the new set in action here.

262wa5j.jpg

2jeo07b.jpg

2itlcgw.jpg

11m6ter.jpg

209ixbs.jpg

2cwlmo1.jpg

29nxypz.jpg

2ldzl84.jpg

Mike also said today's set setup will be used for "Good Day", with the cameras/chairs switching sides for the morning news and the upcoming weekend broadcast (presumably the setup that was shown in the teaser video a few posts back).

I like that a lot. I wonder if WNYW here in NY will get a new set sometime soon. They really need one.

I really agree. WNYW needs a new set, whether it be like this or like WAGA's in Atlanta. PIX will also be getting a new set in 2015 (according to an interview between tvnewscheck and Katherine Green), so WNYW will stick out like a sore thumb if they keep their current outdated set. Don't get me wrong, it's not ugly, but just outdated. Unfortunately, it's not going to last any longer than now. Unfortunately, there is no indication of WNYW getting a new set anytime soon.

Archived