Cox duopoly in Jacksonville to change calls

Samantha

Interesting to read that about the EWN/AN difference, as nowadays (With WSOC specifically) - they are Ch. 9 EWN, but happy talk is non-existent. (Which I personally enjoy.)

All Cox stations are like that. I disagree with you, I want to see some of the personality of the anchors. I feel that if they don't show any personality, then they come across as a cold-hearted b*tch (even if that may not be the case in reality)...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Cox stations are like that. I disagree with you, I want to see some of the personality of the anchors. I feel that if they don't show any personality, then they come across as a cold-hearted b*tch (even if that may not be the case in reality)...

Exactly why I can't freaking stand WSOC. They are more of an Action News anyways with Eyewitness News being "in name only".

New logos for WJAX and WFOX.

WJAX.JPG

WFOX.JPG

WHAT...THE... @#%*?!?!? This looks so bland and uninspiring it's not funny. Remember the new logos for KGW and WCNC? those actually look inspiring compared to this crap. And one more thing, if Cox went through all that trouble to sack everyone and change the call letters, why would you still call your newscasts "ACTION NEWS"?

All they did was re-traced the current logos and place it in that bland looking logos. If they were really serious about changing callsigns, they could've done better than this. Reminds me of Binghamton's WBMG "ACTION NEWS" logo.

Cox, go back to the drawing board.

WHAT...THE... @#%*?!?!? This looks so bland and uninspiring it's not funny. Remember the new logos for KGW and WCNC? those actually look inspiring compared to this crap. And one more thing, if Cox went through all that trouble to sack everyone and change the call letters, why would you still call your newscasts "ACTION NEWS"?

See. I could do without the call letters and re-size it to make it a more simpler box logo. Nonetheless, a bland-ass basic logo at best. Really, CBS 47/FOX 30 Action News. And? Next. This is a bad time for 'unique' station logos elsewhere, let alone JAX and Detroit (WDIV 'new' logo) Hell their previous logo were better than these NOW.

I'll state this, everybody who got fired from 'action-less snooze' such as mark spann and mike and tera barz should consider themselves blessings and then some. Some talent should be welcomed at least to work at News 4 Jax or First coast news, or hell (unlikely tho given its small ass market) go bold and create a different news operation and house the axed talent for all they care.

Way to blow the rebrand Cox.

Seriously.

If I got the WFOX call letters, I'd add a "W" to the FOX logo and put "JACKSONVILLE" below. Simple as that. You have your legal id and logo all in one!

For CBS 47, WJAX and the CBS eye.

Even though I've had issues with what LIN has done with their stations, this approach would be PERFECT in this case since the call letters serve the purpose of tying the stations to FOX and Jacksonville.

Way to blow the rebrand Cox.

Seriously.

If I got the WFOX call letters, I'd add a "W" to the FOX logo and put "JACKSONVILLE" below. Simple as that. You have your legal id and logo all in one!

For CBS 47, WJAX and the CBS eye.

Even though I've had issues with what LIN has done with their stations, this approach would be PERFECT in this case since the call letters serve the purpose of tying the stations to FOX and Jacksonville.

Hell, the logo LIN drew up for WIAT is light years better that this. Even the in-house logos drawn up for WKBW show more creativity.

It's baffling because WPXI, WHIO-TV and WSB-TV have great logo designs.

"Action News JAX"????

Oh God.

Action News JAX? They're going the WJXT route. Just as I feared.

EDIT: But Wait? Don't the opens say Action News JAX or just Action News. If that's the case, they're not carbon copying WJXT.

But the graphics are uber-cheap.

Action News JAX? They're going the WJXT route. Just as I feared.

EDIT: But Wait? Don't the opens say Action News JAX or just Action News. If that's the case, they're not carbon copying WJXT.

But the graphics are uber-cheap.

That may also be something to distinguish their page from other stations branding as Action News, much how KSAZ went to Fox 10 Phoenix (with city name) and KNXV has "ABC15 Arizona". It's really understandable.

The avatar, though...I could make that. Really. :(

Archived