Cox duopoly in Jacksonville to change calls

Samantha

That may also be something to distinguish their page from other stations branding as Action News, much how KSAZ went to Fox 10 Phoenix (with city name) and KNXV has "ABC15 Arizona". It's really understandable.

The avatar, though...I could make that. Really. :(

Yep! See how pitiful that is?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trucks have been updated. Capture_zpsa15777e2.png

The banner of the website has also been updated, featuring these blue and yellow graphics.

UPDATE: Just saw a teaser for the 10:00 news on WFOX. If I can tell my themes right, they will be using The Edge by Gari.

UPDATE: Just saw a teaser for the 10:00 news on WFOX. If I can tell my themes right, they will be using The Edge by Gari.

Here's the vid. This is crazy. Let's not forget some WJXT themes they currently use also uses The Edge logo on them. And you can tell they edit that music cue so it can be rushed so viewers wouldn't notice the difference.

So the opening is "WJAX-TV CBS 47 Action News" & "WFOX-TV Fox 30 Action News". But the reporter outcue liner is "Action News JAX". And That's how I feared.

Action News JAX > News 4 JAX "WJXT, WJXT WJXT". That's WJXT written all over it.

And you see they kept the old "FirstAlert" logo font in their new weather graphic too.

Here's the vid. This is crazy. Let's not forget some WJXT themes they currently use also uses The Edge logo on them.

So the opening is "WJAX-TV CBS 47 Action News" & "WFOX-TV Fox 30 Action News". But the reporter outcue liner is "Action News JAX". That's how I feared. "WJXT, WJXT WJXT".

And you see they kept the old "FirstAlert" logo font in their new weather graphic too.

As someone who watches KMOV, that is definately The Edge.

And for some reason "Action News Jax" doesn't roll off the tongue too well for me. But I guess they really want to emphasize the JAX part of it. The graphics look pretty nice too, and I wouldn't worry about the weather graphics too much, for some reason the weather graphics are always the last to get changed when a station introduces new graphics, I'm sure there's a package that they'll implement shortly.

Overall the branding does seem kind of clunky.

News open looks a little campy but it will probably look better than what Cox might churn out

I can't do 3D elements or video, but I could see flying slab elements of the parallelogram with whatever Jacksonville skyline photo.

The overall look is inspired a very small bit by their actual look (Proxima Nova) but also includes a lot of influences from other design types.

Okay. I'm watching their stream now. Why the hell do they have to flash their names on the L3s EVERY TIME they show the anchor's face? Maybe once or twice each block is fine, but not every time.

It's a Cox thing. They do it on WFTV, WSB, WSOC... Hell, even WESH does it, and they're owned by Hearst. (To be fair, with Fox 35 doing it, we can call this a national trend fed by the big wigs at Magid and Associates)

It's a Cox thing. They do it on WFTV, WSB, WSOC... Hell, even WESH does it, and they're owned by Hearst. (To be fair, with Fox 35 doing it, we can call this a national trend fed by the big wigs at Magid and Associates)

I think I noticed that when I saw WSOC's stream back when a good chunk of NC had that massive blizzard back in February. But I didn't think they went too crazy. Maybe the folks wanted the people to remember their names, I don't know. But to me, that shit is irritating.

I totally forgot about WJXT using The Edge. I don't even think this is technically allowed. I'm curious to see if 47 will use a different package. Overall, I like the graphics. Simplistic, but nice. The logo is simplistic and not nice, though.

The 11pm is on. It's the same main theme of The Edge.

Now that I think of it, I think I've seen KTVU do the same thing.

I can't do 3D elements or video, but I could see flying slab elements of the parallelogram with whatever Jacksonville skyline photo.

The overall look is inspired a very small bit by their actual look (Proxima Nova) but also includes a lot of influences from other design types.

Not bad.

Slightly off-topic, but I was at Ohio Stadium last night for the game and I noticed the font used on part of the scoreboard. It looked like the CBS News font used in the 1970's, but with a little more curve. Just wondering if anybody knows what the name of this font is.

https://flic.kr/p/oQu8A8

Sample CBS Font here: https://flic.kr/p/oQtR7g

14988529367_e97d4cf254_b.jpg

14988473927_d6a38c1bce_b.jpg

Archived