WDJT New Logo/Graphics?

Weeters

WMLW, independent sister station to WDJT, recently updated it's branding to "The M", but that's a subject for a different thread. What we're here to look at is the new website (www.wmlw.com).

The header and the footer both link to all of Weigel's other Milwaukee stations and subchannels. The CBS 58 logo featured is styled like WBBM's logo, which is not a design WDJT has ever used before. The "58" itself uses a different font than the current logo, which uses the same font the station has used since the late 90's or early 2000's.

I can't imagine this is some sort of oversight. They've had their current graphics since they went HD in January 2012, and these were basically an update to the package they used when they got their new set in September 2011.

It may be worth noting that the current version of the CBS58 logo first appeared in WMLW's website shortly before their launch of HD news.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WMLW, independent sister station to WDJT, recently updated it's branding to "The M", but that's a subject for a different thread. What we're here to look at is the new website (www.wmlw.com).

The header and the footer both link to all of Weigel's other Milwaukee stations and subchannels. The CBS 58 logo featured is styled like WBBM's logo, which is not a design WDJT has ever used before. The "58" itself uses a different font than the current logo, which uses the same font the station has used since the late 90's or early 2000's.

I can't imagine this is some sort of oversight. They've had their current graphics since they went HD in January 2012, and these were basically an update to the package they used when they got their new set in September 2011.

It may be worth noting that the current version of the CBS58 logo first appeared in WMLW's website shortly before their launch of HD news.

The M? They're just copying what they do in Chicago with the U.

As far as the logo, that does look interesting. The font under the logo catches my eye too. I wonder if they're going to go with a CBS O&O type package? Because I think that's one of the fonts they use.

Why is that "M" reminds me highly of the logo of the Maury Povich talk show?

Anywho, what I'm thinking is, it had to been someone who visited Chicago, and saw some elements from TV stations here, and tried to bring those elements to the Milwaukee stations. I don't think that it was all Sabin's doing because he would've done this a long time ago.

Although, I don't have a problem with the new "M" branding, I didn't see any issue with their previous "wmlw" branding. Even the updated "wmlw" logo was better than the original one they had previously. If this new CBS 58 logo sticks, It'll be interesting to see their new graphics package. Also, should the new logo goes on air, IMO, it would be their best logo since their '96 logo.

Anywho, what I'm thinking is, it had to been someone who visited Chicago, and saw some elements from TV stations here, and tried to bring those elements to the Milwaukee stations.

They are obviously trying to copy WCIU's "The U" branding. Which makes sense since they're also owned by Weigel.

So I've been trying to pinpoint a date that would make sense for a new logo and/or graphics to debut, and the only thing I could find is Thursday, October 2nd, after the Packers play the Vikings on Thursday Night Football.

• 2 weeks later...

Sports Zone was on and they did use the new logo. Website is still the same. Should be interesting if they do a News Update at Halftime.

All the news teases they've been airing so far have used the old graphics and logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived