WDJT New Logo/Graphics?

Weeters

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are using the CBS O&O graphics this morning. And not a shitty implementation, either (It's not WCBS but it's not horrible). They do use the same PixelPower CG systems that I know KDKA uses. They are not using Enforcer though. It sounds like Signature from Stephen Arnold.

Good for them. Kind of embarrassing for some other stations in town...

Overall, a very good look. Could still use a little work though. Not sure I like the gold 58 as the bug. And dark blue on a blue background during weather was not a good choice. Also a little disappointing they're still using the old weather graphics for the most part.

But damn is it impressive to see how far WDJT has come over the past couple of years.

They are using the CBS O&O graphics this morning. And not a shitty implementation, either (It's not WCBS but it's not horrible). They do use the same PixelPower CG systems that I know KDKA uses. They are not using Enforcer though. It sounds like Signature from Stephen Arnold.

Good for them. Kind of embarrassing for some other stations in town...

I need to see this. This means that WDJT is the first station to take on the O&O look and not use any Enforcer cuts.

I'll grab and upload.

Watching the 9:00 broadcast on WMLW. They definitely need some time learning the new graphics... lots of mistakes in this broadcast.

Edit: won't be able to upload (having internet issues). I'll leave that for someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqpMYWlBUo

The weather graphics have been improved since the AM show yesterday. More of the O&O stuff is present now. Most of the "problems" are automation problems.

I thought they looked good with the last package. They look even better now. Their content seems to be improving slightly as well. Those mic flags are awful, though. I don't know why the logo they're using for online, the billboards, and the mic flags is so awful???

Some of the animated transitions have keying issues... Wonder if they'll fix those. They have already eliminated almost all traces of the old logo, though. Even the paid programming disclaimer has the new one. The only place it's really left is the weather set.

It's also worth noting that the "TEN AT 10" branding seems to be dead. Good riddance.

I like the fact that they have finally changed voiceover talent too - but a couple gripes about the open:

1) You're pretty much seeing the same three pictures of downtown. Shake it up a bit.

2) The CBS 58 studios are in West Allis, not Milwaukee. ;)

I like the fact that they have finally changed voiceover talent too - but a couple gripes about the open:

1) You're pretty much seeing the same three pictures of downtown. Shake it up a bit.

Who is the VO? Sounded familiar for some reason...

Overture...works. The cuts work. I've noticed that in the L3s, the second line tends to be positioned a bit lower than the CBS O&Os and WGCL.

It's still better than WGCL, which only uses one damn picture of the area!

• 4 months later...

WDJT launched their new 4pm newscast today. They are using a new desk in the far corner of the studio, with the CBS eye duratran acting as the anchor backdrop. I don't have any screenshots, but this is from their Facebook page.

11088391_10153761240607907_5345301944791944069_n.jpg?oh=8f52e121c3d1cb28f48be94df6fc41e0&oe=55B5D2FC

They've really made that set pretty bland and generic since they adopted the CBS O&O look, ripping off all the branding and logos that made an already bland and genric set look decent and unique . The backdrop for the 4:00 desk is boring. The 4:00 desk itself is unnecessary.

I'm pretty sure that little desk came from the newsroom. They really should have just bought a few new cameras and done the 4:00 show from there.

They've really made that set pretty bland and generic since they adopted the CBS O&O look, ripping off all the branding and logos that made an already bland and genric set look decent and unique . The backdrop for the 4:00 desk is boring. The 4:00 desk itself is unnecessary.

I'm pretty sure that little desk came from the newsroom. They really should have just bought a few new cameras and done the 4:00 show from there.

I thought the new location was a nice change of pace. However, you are right that the set is very bland now. I agree with them ripping out the blue and orange duratrans, as they would've clashed with the graphics, but the replacements are just...blah. Hopefully they're just placeholders until they get more "custom" ones.

As far as the newsroom goes, I think it would be in need of a remodel before they would broadcast from there. If I remember correctly, the wall coverings in there are from 3 graphics packages ago.

I'm still waiting to see where "CBS 58 Sunday Morning" is being broadcast from. Every promo so far looks like nothing I've ever seen from them before.

Archived