Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

The morning show special is in progress. So far, it's been...exactly what you'd expect. The highlight so far has been Bob and Jackie doing their secret handshake live in a split screen during the commercial break.

"I literally haven't seen Jackie Bange in 6 years."

• Like 1

The morning show special is in progress. So far, it's been...exactly what you'd expect. The highlight so far has been Bob and Jackie doing their secret handshake live in a split screen during the commercial break.

"I literally haven't seen Jackie Bange in 6 years."

Live or taped?

Don't know if I missed it or not, but did they announce who's taking over for Bob once he's gone?

Not yet announced. You'd think it would coming up pretty quick, unless they wait until after Sunday, since (unlike a weekday anchor's exit) they'll have plenty of opportunities to put out a release during the week.

• Like 1

Not yet announced. You'd think it would coming up pretty quick, unless they wait until after Sunday, since (unlike a weekday anchor's exit) they'll have plenty of opportunities to put out a release during the week.

I'm still going with Tahman Bradley. If it's not, I'll be surprised.

Does anybody think they might stick with Jackie solo until she retires, and then they'd replace her with one or two other anchors? In my opinion, this would be a dangerous move, since they're lacking in ratings already; dropping down to a solo anchor format just seems to me like conceding to smaller viewership numbers and accepting that the operation is getting smaller and that nobody's really watching.

I'm still going with Tahman Bradley. If it's not, I'll be surprised.

Does anybody think they might stick with Jackie solo until she retires, and then they'd replace her with one or two other anchors? In my opinion, this would be a dangerous move, since they're lacking in ratings already; dropping down to a solo anchor format just seems to me like conceding to smaller viewership numbers and accepting that the operation is getting smaller and that nobody's really watching.

It was actually mentioned in the CRM article about 'FLD that WGN has strong weekend evening numbers.

Here's an idea if they really wanted to shake things up and give the evening products a shot in the arm: Steve Sanders replaces Bob. He could cut back his hours, and maybe do some feature reports during the week. Negovan gets midday, plus Negovan/Bair do 4pm to break up the Mark and Micah monotony. Then they could go back to the newsroom style for the 5pm with Suppelsa/Materre.

• Like 1

WGN is going to fall. THE MAIN REASON why WFLD could not secure ratings is because at the time they did not have a early evening newscast now people do not think their a joke anymore. Watch out WGN WFLD IS COMING FOR YOU. As for WBBM i do think WFLD WILL past them in ratings as well but WBBM is capable of beating repeative WGN's 10pm BS.

They could go the solo anchor route if they wanted to. WMAQ did and WFLD currently does (in the morning and at night). In both cases however it was/is due to budgetary constraints. As far as ratings on the weekends, WGN and WFLD have never really been too far apart from each other. If I'm not mistaken, things have always been very competitive between the two stations (particularly when it was Bob and Jackie on WGN vs. Byron and Nancy on WFLD).

The first speculation I've seen outside of this forum is throwing Tahman Bradley out there as Bob's potential replacement (take it for what it's worth, considering the spotty track record). In the meantime, there will be rotating fill-in anchors. No announcement is expected for at least a couple weeks.

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/8474-news-notes-cbs-radio-wscr-tone-kapone-jax-wciu-robert-jordan-tahman-bradley-anthony-ponce-jane-pauley-more

Looks like one of the 4 nightly Two and a Half Men airings is getting bumped starting Monday (hopefully for a full month), as Dan Roan will be hosting the 30 minute "Cubs Nightly" at 6pm (also simulcast on CLTV, but not using the SportsFeed hosts). The show will be preempted, though, if a Cubs game is in-progress.

http://wgntv.com/2016/09/28/wgn-tv-presents-cubs-nightly-starting-monday-october-3/

Ctd9f3gUkAEIT1O.jpg

Looks like one of the 4 nightly Two and a Half Men airings is getting bumped starting Monday (hopefully for a full month), as Dan Roan will be hosting the 30 minute "Cubs Nightly" at 6pm (also simulcast on CLTV, but not using the SportsFeed hosts). The show will be preempted, though, if a Cubs game is in-progress.

http://wgntv.com/2016/09/28/wgn-tv-presents-cubs-nightly-starting-monday-october-3/

Ctd9f3gUkAEIT1O.jpg

This could be a trial run of an nightly sports show, just focused on the Cubs, for now.

My thinking anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...