NYC: Blizzard Juno

BehindNYNews

We aren't going to get anything in Erie, maybe 1 or 2 inches. I will have to be sure to watch the Weather Channel once I get home from school. And does anybody have DirecTV? Are they offering the INFO Channel like they did with Hurricane Arthur? It would be cool if they put on WCVB or WCBS. Is New York supposed to get the worse? I know they are supposed to get 2 feet in Boston. Be safe!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak of the devil, the "We're all gonna die" cut just played in the Weather Center Live open.

They were in full "we're all gonna die" mode last night. All of the graphics, including the backwards-L shaped bar were black and red. The LOT8s were playing the severe music. However, this morning on AMHQ, the graphics were back to normal blue and the LOT8s were playing normal music again.

They were in full "we're all gonna die" mode last night. All of the graphics, including the backwards-L shaped bar were black and red. The LOT8s were playing the severe music. However, this morning on AMHQ, the graphics were back to normal blue and the LOT8s were playing normal music again.

I get a kick of that nickname, because I always thought Stephen Arnold's severe music was truly "we are all gonna die" - the cut they've used for a while now just seems to be "we are going to get temporarily knocked out by mumma natureh"

You guys in NYC are going to get hit with this storm, I am hoping the reporters are going to use common sense and report on the sidelines (to use a 'ball jargon) and not make asses out of themselves. (like the philly reporter for TWC did, almost got himself hit with a plow truck as he reported a story involving that subject!) Many are urging all of us to stay in during the storm, and not to venture out, and if someone watches 2, 4, 7 or 11 - they may go venture themselves, then they'll get the headlines for causing unnecessary accidents.

I'd like to see what NWS weather forecast office (judging by the station, it's probably NWS Romeoville) is using this term, and if so, what the name is of the nitwit who authorized such an action. Didn't the NWS just put out a news release a year back saying that they wouldn't take part in TWC's stupid winter storm name scheme?

Oh I'm sure he got that from TWC and not Romeoville.

But you folks in the Tri-State and New England be careful and stay safe.

WPIX will have NON-STOP coverage from 5pm-9am tomorrow. No information on coverage past 9am yet.

Do you think they will really never go off the air during that time? Find that hard to believe. But it seems like so based on Lisa Mateo's tweet. Maybe the 1-4am timeframe will just be updates? I remember Lisa did weather updates around that time every hour from 1-4am last year. Impressive to say the least.

When it comes to storm coverage PIX always goes all out. And from Lisa Mateos tweet it seems it'll be nonstop. I can bet that other stations will stay on most of the night and most if not all of tomorrow from their morning newscasts on. I also like how WCBS is making use of the wall with the Eye on the Storm graphic.. WABC is making great use of their studio with Rob Powers at the "Blizzard Update Desk"

I think we'll see 7pm newscasts, 11pm-1am and 4am-1pm newscasts. PIX goes all out but the others won't go that far. And WNYW will be on its regular schedule as it always is.

According to Rosanna Scotto this morning they are extending their coverage (tomorrow morning anyway) Let me say if they don't extend tonight they're pretty stupid.. They could do Steve and Dari then Ernie and Christina.. Split it.. Have the morning team back at 4am

They NEVER go on at 4am. Literally never.

I know but honestly it's really not that surprising. Yeah they have to get the information out but when everyone else goes to network (if they do) FOX5 will stay on.. NBC10 in philly is reportedly going on at 3am.. That's absolutely insane.. Who's up at that time? Especially when they're telling everyone to stay in. If school is closed or a company is closed they notify you themselves. You really don't need the news to tell you anymore.

WCBS, WPIX and WNBC have 7pm newscasts tonight.

They NEVER go on at 4am. Literally never.

WNBC normally does have a newscast at 7 albeit on COZI-TV, however tonight it was airing on WNBC in addition to COZI-TV (If I heard Sibila correctly)

I know but honestly it's really not that surprising. Yeah they have to get the information out but when everyone else goes to network (if they do) FOX5 will stay on.. NBC10 in philly is reportedly going on at 3am.. That's absolutely insane.. Who's up at that time? Especially when they're telling everyone to stay in. If school is closed or a company is closed they notify you themselves. You really don't need the news to tell you anymore.

well Matt is doing the NBC10 Snow dance.

Archived