The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well WGXA has updated their website to the new layout, now just needa get them outta 4x3 TV Already!! apparently they are waiting on Master Control Upgrades and then they can go HD and new graphics. their set was bulit in 2010 and their cameras have since been upgraded

Well WGXA has updated their website to the new layout, now just needa get them outta 4x3 TV Already!! apparently they are waiting on Master Control Upgrades and then they can go HD and new graphics. their set was bulit in 2010 and their cameras have since been upgraded

Maybe I'll give them a pass since they took on the ABC affiliation that WPGA basically threw in the trash due to their own stupidity. Back then, a dual-stream station was almost unheard of. Are they even passing through ANYTHING (other than network content) in HD?!?!?!? That's so 2010 when stations only had network feeds, and if they were lucky, newscasts in HD as upgrading everything else was a herculean task at the time as file-based everything was just starting to take over....

Does this make sense: New graphics package - new website.. Right? Seeing that Sinclair is going gung-ho overhauling everything, do the stations have the final say on things like the graphics and website?? WWMT got their graphics a few weeks ago but still have their god-awful website layout.. Their sister stations all have the new website layout... I just don't get it...

Maybe I'll give them a pass since they took on the ABC affiliation that WPGA basically threw in the trash due to their own stupidity. Back then, a dual-stream station was almost unheard of. Are they even passing through ANYTHING (other than network content) in HD?!?!?!? That's so 2010 when stations only had network feeds, and if they were lucky, newscasts in HD as upgrading everything else was a herculean task at the time as file-based everything was just starting to take over....

last i heard, all network and some 1st run syndication is now in HD, haven't been in macon in a while as i live one city north just east of the ATL and also before the got ABC, they were only doing 10 p.m. and had just added weekends several months before this all began, and they were owned by frontier at the time, (one of Brian Brady's Compianes at the time if i remember)

Does this make sense: New graphics package - new website.. Right? Seeing that Sinclair is going gung-ho overhauling everything, do the stations have the final say on things like the graphics and website?? WWMT got their graphics a few weeks ago but still have their god-awful website layout.. Their sister stations all have the new website layout... I just don't get it...

Since corporate is making these moves, the stations and their staff are at their mercy whenever they decide to roll into town.

Every change is its own sweeping schedule. There's the web team, the graphics team, etc....and these changes can be far apart since all the people at the station can do is watch and have little say on when the implementation takes place. The only exception are those lucky few that are so difficult to upgrade, they have to do it themselves, with corporate nudging them every few days (Is it done yet?....Is it done yet?)

Set upgrades may be different, if more of a total change is required. And if the workflow completely changes (and even location if they're packing up and moving to new digs) that's when you'll see the good-old top-to-bottom rebranding when all is good and new.

When are KVAL and KMTR going to get Sinclair-ized?

They are now. KVAL and all its satellites have the new layout, as does KMTR (along with a new logo).

KIMA/KEPR also have the new layout, while KLEW does not.

In keeping with the thread's topic, one aspect of the current Sinclair look is of course, 615's "Sinclair News Package". News Music Now added more base cuts from both "Glass" and "Curves" a couple of days ago (they previously only had the primary open and headline bed of "Curves").

Oddly, only the open themes and headline beds are distinct in the packages, but if you listen to all of the other samples added to the site, they're basically carbon copies (the only distinction is in the opening signature of the franchise opens as well as the entirety of the sports opens, which are a little softer in "Curves").

Oh god that KMTR logo is awful

The new logo isn't awful per se. But it is incredibly generic, not to mention the fact it looks like a near-identical twin of the logo KTGF used during the late 1980s/early 1990s when it was an NBC affiliate.

KMTR has been using the Sinclair weather graphics for more than a month now. But everything else is the same...including the 4:3 aspect ratio. KVAL also has a modified logo on its new website, and I actually think it looks pretty good.

It was rumored KVAL and KMTR would co-locate into a new building. If things were to change, you'd think it would be if/when they ever move, though I don't know if those are actual, active plans. Right now, they're in separate buildings on opposite sides of Eugene/Springfield.

Archived