The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

WWMT is finally getting the Sinclair graphics! Noticed on their website this evening... They are sticking with the "Severe Weather Center 3" moniker.. So far I've noticed just the weather graphics, so I'm sure the entire package is coming soon.. Will watch at 11 to see...

*10/19 Update: The Glass Curves graphics are fully in place -- However the music is not-- They are still using a version of the CBS Enforcer -- And the opening credits are much different than most the sister stations.. I don't have the program to record video, but it's worth checking out if you have means to... Also the website is still in the old format, unlike it's Michigan sister stations...

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWMT is finally getting the Sinclair graphics! Noticed on their website this evening... They are sticking with the "Severe Weather Center 3" moniker.. So far I've noticed just the weather graphics, so I'm sure the entire package is coming soon.. Will watch at 11 to see...

*10/19 Update: The Glass Curves graphics are fully in place -- However the music is not-- They are still using a version of the CBS Enforcer -- And the opening credits are much different than most the sister stations.. I don't have the program to record video, but it's worth checking out if you have means to... Also the website is still in the old format, unlike it's Michigan sister stations...

Have to give WWMT for thinking outside the box with their graphics package though. That open looks great and I actually think the logo is fine. We've seen some of the logos Sinclair has made recently and I think WWMT is lucky they were able to keep theirs.

I like the open for WWMT. It's nice to see someone show some creativity with the graphics. Also the logo works fine with the graphics (it's certainly better than the crap Sinclair has been rolling out recently). I'm curious as to why they haven't switched to the Sinclair news theme.

How did WWMT have the CBS enforcer instead of the mandate package? very interesting.....

It wouldn't be the first case this has happened. KGAN didn't even start using Daily News, let alone any of Sinclair's music packages until 2012, and before that, they used Hello News for music.

It wouldn't be the first case this has happened. KGAN didn't even start using Daily News, let alone any of Sinclair's music packages until 2012, and before that, they used Hello News for music.

But in that case Hello News and the Sinclair package were both made by Gari.

KVAL switched to the Sinclair website layout today. As of this morning, they still have the old KOMO graphics.

KMTR, meanwhile, is still stuck in the past. They have the Sinclair look for weather graphics, but they're otherwise still in 4:3 Fourth of July graphics and a dated website.

WRLH (Richmond), WTAT (Charleston), WMSN (Madison) and WDKY (Lexington) are the only stations that use the Daily News package. I bet they'll get the Sinclair News Package, new graphics and a new website layout in the beginning of 2016.

WRLH (Richmond), WTAT (Charleston), WMSN (Madison) and WDKY (Lexington) are the only stations that use the Daily News package. I bet they'll get the Sinclair News Package, new graphics and a new website layout in the beginning of 2016.

Someone posted video of WTAT getting the new graphics and I imagine that it will correspond with the time WCIV takes over production of the newscasts from WCSC (Is there a date on when that's supposed to happen?).

The remaining stations are stations where the newscasts are produced by another station (WRLH is produced by WWBT, WMSN is produced by WISC, and WDKY is produced by WKYT). I guess Sinclair hasn't gotten around to distributing the package to these stations and since I guess they are all outsourced newscasts, aren't a high priority on their list.

Someone posted video of WTAT getting the new graphics and I imagine that it will correspond with the time WCIV takes over production of the newscasts from WCSC (Is there a date on when that's supposed to happen?).

The remaining stations are stations where the newscasts are produced by another station (WRLH is produced by WWBT, WMSN is produced by WISC, and WDKY is produced by WKYT). I guess Sinclair hasn't gotten around to distributing the package to these stations and since I guess they are all outsourced newscasts, aren't a high priority on their list.

Hmm. I didn't know WISC produced WMSN's newscasts.

Archived