The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

KUTV is Sinclair and yet they just debuted this graphics package with the Sinclair music.

Did someone finally stand up for the ugly graphics package? Their lower thirds are not the same as all Sinclair stations:

Even though it is clearly a rip off of the CBS O&O package it looks really good. It was probably done in house, it may be temporary until the Sinclair package is introduced because it combines a lot of elements of the old package.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, those look really good. Hard to believe they're on a Sinclair station.

I guess since KUTV has been one of the best performing stations in the entire Sinclair station group, I guess they could get away with stuff like this.

I doubt it. I believe this is temporary until they get the full package. If WJLA and KOMO didn't get special treatment, I doubt that KUTV would

I doubt it. I believe this is temporary until they get the full package. If WJLA and KOMO didn't get special treatment, I doubt that KUTV would

Why debut an entire new graphics package for a bridge to the Sinclair one?

Why debut an entire new graphics package for a bridge to the Sinclair one?

Because the Sinclair theme couldn't mesh with the old graphics. That's my theory, but I could be wrong.

Again the only reason that I believe this is temporary is because KOMO and WJLA weren't given special treatment. If those stations weren't treated special then I doubt that KUTV would be

[/GALLERY]

For once Sinclair didn't butcher a logo when they redesigned it

Well, that's not the case for CNY Central's (WSTM/WTVH/WSTQ) upcoming new logos. Seen during the AHL All-Star Game in Syracuse. (Blurry shot, but you get the idea.)

[GALLERY=media, 774]CNY Central's new logos by RGSJenkins posted Feb 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM[/GALLERY]

• 1 month later...

As of noon today....WPMI has been Sinclair-ized. Looks like they have opted for "Glass", blue and orange supers, and choosing the full 16x9 option over the 4x3 center-cut graphics WEAR has.

They also debuted a new voiceover person who has been doing some promos for the past few months.

Looks decent online....but then there's the ticker...we shall see how it looks on air...

The ticker....my god.....the ticker.....

[ATTACH=full]2720[/ATTACH]

That ticker would look a whole lot better if they moved that "Mullinax Ford" bug and placed it under the "currents" bug. That's pretty how much WJLA/NC8 does it and it looks a whole lot cleaner than this mess.

Maybe it was just because it was the first day with the new graphics and they're still getting acclimated to it? I certainly hope they still don't look like that.

Here is the open:

BTW: I noticed that they kept the "Local" branding. That's an interesting thing to take note of because WKRC should be getting these new graphics anytime now.

I keep checking from time to time with WKRC. How many stations are left for the change over?

I can think of KATU for one example because even though it has the Sinclair music, it still doesn't have their graphics. Same for KUTV.

I can also think of KLEW/KIMA/KEPR from Fisher as one cluster that still yet hasn't switched.

WGXA in Macon...and now WSBT in South Bend.

Quite a few of the former Barrington stations haven't switched as well.

WSBT is quite new, so give that one time. For WGXA... what the hell? still in 4:3 SD and in Sinclair ownership for a while now. WGXA is very slow, other than their news department.

I keep checking from time to time with WKRC. How many stations are left for the change over?

Off the top of my head Fisher's Univision stations , WPBN (using the weather graphics though), KRCG (using weath graphics), WSTM, WHOI, WEYI, KVAL , WFXL, WLUK, and you can add new Sinclair station KHGI to the list.

WRLH here in Richmond hasn't switched yet. I mentioned before that WRLH is using WWBT's weather graphics but with the Fox Richmond logo on it.

WRLH and Madison's WMSN are currently the two remaining stations that are using Gari's "Daily News" package.

Archived