The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

If anything it's sort of a throwback to their logo circa-1993...as well as a copy of WSAV's logo in Savannah.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPTEc448k9jUyxIgpX0HLUVli5nTZOXH_tBE8RTahOKZJ0bF1hlw

WKYC's was more of a symptom of being a recovering O&O.....Multimedia changed their 80's logo soon after they acquired a majority interest in them. It was more like the "NBC 4" logo that found its way onto the flagships in NY & LA in the 1990s.

WKYC's "3" - at least the one shown above - also bore similarities to KSDK's and WLWT's "5" logos. Not that I minded; it was an upgrade over their mid-80s logo that was dated even back then.

195?cb=20140505013431

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting. I thought that KATU and WKRC would have the non-Sinclair look.

It's interesting that KATU used the "Glass" music almost two years prior to getting the standardized graphic pack.

What I'm shocked about is the graphic pack hasn't reached to the rest of the Fisher stations (including KIMA/KEPR & KVAL for example).

It's interesting that KATU used the "Glass" music almost two years prior to getting the standardized graphic pack.

What I'm shocked about is the graphic pack hasn't reached to the rest of the Fisher stations (including KIMA/KEPR & KVAL for example).

I'm surprised that Sinclair hasn't upgraded KVAL's sister, KMTR to HD or 16:9 SD.

And KATU doesn't even use the standard "colors" for the new graphics.. Especially in the weather part.. Watched this mornings newscast and the weather banners are in white & red, instead of the common light blue & yellow/gold

I'm real impressed with the animations in these graphics, it doesn't make the graphics look as cheap as they do with stations that don't bother to add any animation to them *cough* KOMO *cough*.

Speaking of cheap, who was doing the VO? I think that's a new person doing the VO's for KATU.

I'm surprised that Sinclair hasn't upgraded KVAL's sister, KMTR to HD or 16:9 SD.

The last I heard is that they're waiting to renovate KVAL's building on KVAL hill for KMTR to move into. KVAL isn't HD either — newscasts are in 16:9 SD.

• 3 weeks later...
The new logo is basically a copy of the WKYC logo from the 90's, someone at Sinclair must be a big fan of WKYC because the new KSNV logo used a similar looking "3" to what WKYC uses now. It also looks pretty much the same as the WREG logo too.

latest?cb=20130318232140

That was a continuation of the standardized NBC affiliate branding first put in place in 1976. Not all NBC stations participated in this branding exercise, but many did as shown below.

Forty years later, I still think this stuff looks good.

WhatsInTheWindWLWT1976.jpg

200?cb=20160416234916

wthr-channel-13-indianapolis-animated-nbc-style-id-and-promo.jpg wapi13_1976-78logo.JPG

hqdefault.jpg

price760508.jpg?pictureId=4678172&asGall

35news821113.jpg?pictureId=4761679

hqdefault.jpg

BuxVO3tCAAAdPFe.png

I'm watching WMSN's (Madison) live stream on Fox47.com and they switched to the new Sinclair graphics and music ("Curves"). That means WRLH here in Richmond is currently the ONLY Sinclair station that's still using the dated graphics and Gari's Daily News package. And BTW, they don't stream their newscasts online.

• 1 month later...
WLFL in Raleigh uses WTVD's package/music.

Yeah, I know. But I'm talking about WRLH. It's like Sinclair's neglecting the station. Gari's Daily News package is dated. The orange and blue graphics are dated. Heck, the news set they've been using since the mid-2000s is dated (it's in WWBT's facility; recently they're using WWBT's studio for sports segments). It's been 11 years and it's time to LET THEM GO! I'm glad sister station WMSN (FOX) in Madison ditched their old graphics and Daily News back in November (yet they still using its current set), but WRLH should be using 615 Music's Sinclair theme and the new graphics by now. It's almost February. What's Sinclair doing? Oh, they're too busy changing their stations' looks, acquiring stations like WSBT, giving popular anchors and reporters pink-slips and building in-house news departments! Speaking of in-house news departments, Sinclair should give WRLH one (like Hazelton, PA's WOLF and Savannah's WTGS) and move it to a new building like Nexstar did with fellow Fox station WFXR in Roanoke. Wish WWBT could cancel their news share agreement with WRLH and move the 7am and 10pm news to sister station WUPV (they already have a 6:30pm newscast).

Yeah, I know. But I'm talking about WRLH. It's like Sinclair's neglecting the station. Gari's Daily News package is dated. The orange and blue graphics are dated. Heck, the news set they've been using since the mid-2000s is dated (it's in WWBT's facility; recently they're using WWBT's studio for sports segments). It's been 11 years and it's time to LET THEM GO! I'm glad sister station WMSN (FOX) in Madison ditched their old graphics and Daily News back in November (yet they still using its current set), but WRLH should be using 615 Music's Sinclair theme and the new graphics by now. It's almost February. What's Sinclair doing? Oh, they're too busy changing their stations' looks, acquiring stations like WSBT, giving popular anchors and reporters pink-slips and building in-house news departments! Speaking of in-house news departments, Sinclair should give WRLH one (like Hazelton, PA's WOLF and Savannah's WTGS) and move it to a new building like Nexstar did with fellow Fox station WFXR in Roanoke. Wish WWBT could cancel their news share agreement with WRLH and move the 7am and 10pm news to sister station WUPV (they already have a 6:30pm newscast).

The WTGS & WOLF's news shows aren't really in-house. The WTGS show is produced from its sister station WPDE, while WOLF's show is produced from WSBT (WNWO's will also be produced there later this year; as of now, WSBT is not using the 615 pack either for its in-house shows).

WMSN's 9pm news is produced by WISC and uses the same set (just with a duratran of some sort instead of their newsroom background).

Outsourcing local news is a joke. It was when INN did it and it is when Sinclair does it.

The WTGS & WOLF's news shows aren't really in-house. The WTGS show is produced from its sister station WPDE, while WOLF's show is produced from WSBT (WNWO's will also be produced their later this year; as of now, WSBT is not using the 615 pack either for its in-house shows).

Whoops. Plus, I didn't know WTGS' newscast is produced by WPDE.

Whoops. Plus, I didn't know WTGS' newscast is produced by WPDE.

Oh yeah. Tim McGinnis from WPDE anchors the weeknight edition.

When that happened, WPDE cut the 10pm news it had on WWMB and replaced it with an hour-long extension of its morning news at 7am.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived