The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, WLUK has finally joined the party. Looks to be the Curves package here (I've only researched this topic over the past few min. :p ). They've kept the ticker, but they put a rather wasteful transparent red space below it....I hope they lose it and slide the ticker/LTs down. Music is still Aerial.

http://fox11online.com/news/crime/appleton-police-responding-to-report-of-shots-fired (can't embed video)

Well, WLUK has finally joined the party. Looks to be the Curves package here (I've only researched this topic over the past few min. :p ). They've kept the ticker, but they put a rather wasteful transparent red space below it....I hope they lose it and slide the ticker/LTs down. Music is still Aerial.

http://fox11online.com/news/crime/appleton-police-responding-to-report-of-shots-fired (can't embed video)

that's probably the best use of the package I've seen so far. It's amazing how adding a little red to it improved it.

that's probably the best use of the package I've seen so far. It's amazing how adding a little red to it improved it.

.......Can't say I agree. If it turned out like the WOLF package at the top of the page, I'd probably like it a little more. But this is night one, and I'm sure they'll smooth things out.

They'll switch to the standardized music soon. WWMT used the Enforcer while debuting the graphics, only to switch to the 615 theme later.

It's noticeably different than the other implementations, really the only similarities are the ticker design, the "curve", and the use of the Din font.

Could it be the next phase of the package? I've heard an update may be rolling out soon. Perhaps soon after a proposed acquisition takes place...

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Sinclair has rolled out an update to its standardized look; it's somewhat of an improvement over the 2013 iteration. The update -- which features a lot of red -- debuted on KOKH Saturday (June 17), and IMO, resembles a cross between the Curves package and certain elements of WBRC's first HD-era graphics (with a few elements reminiscent of the 2006 package; the Fox version that KOKH debuted has a translucent Fox logo in its opens and fullscreen backgrounds). The lower thirds were also updated with red and white beveling added.

KOKH is also now using a horizontal version of its logo in its weather graphics (which were also used in a recent promo for its morning show, Good Day OK) that is an OK knockoff -- but still a knockoff -- of the Fox O&O logo template. The standardized weather logo was ditched in favor of just the DIN text for the "StormWatch" name, and elements of the Curves package appear to have been used for the basis of the new segment transitions. The only downsides are the "Steer Clear Traffic" and sports intros, which didn't bother to include a proper animation for the title logos.

• 1 month later...

The smallest-market station that Sinclair owns is slowly being Sinclair-ized. KTVO is starting to use the Sinclair time/temp bug as well as the ticker for their morning newscasts. Should only be a matter of time before the rest of KTVO's newscast gets Sinclairized.

Not sure if its been touched on here but when Sinclair is using the "mirrored" L bar should the standard chyrons be flush with the bottom of the L? I'm watching WBFF's Fox 45 and it looks completely odd just sitting there.

IMG_7521.thumb.jpg.b0cb0fedaa48551e3eeb3fca9a419117.jpg

Another thing do some Sinclair stations take a regular program output minus the L bar and treat everything as usual until master control or are there stations that incorporate the L bar into their general control room output?

• 1 month later...
[MEDIA=twitter]912773716660097024[/MEDIA]

WPBN/WTOM and WGTU/WGTQ are getting a new set.

Current set has been there for decades with few refreshes.

THANK GOD -- it's about damn time they step into the 21st century -- now hopefully they'll merge the Sinclair weather graphics with the rest of the package to make it complete.

THANK GOD -- it's about damn time they step into the 21st century -- now hopefully they'll merge the Sinclair weather graphics with the rest of the package to make it complete.

Complacency under Barrington made 7/4 a permanent second place to 9&10. It's a good and necessary upgrade.

Archived