The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

ABC3340 wbma Birmingham has launched the updated Sinclair graphics package of curves today. I must admit it looks better than before. The introduction of the red color helps balance out so much blue. The lower third font looks darker than before, more legible from afar. But I do not think the font itself has changed???

ABC3340 wbma Birmingham has launched the updated Sinclair graphics package of curves today. I must admit it looks better than before. The introduction of the red color helps balance out so much blue. The lower third font looks darker than before, more legible from afar. But I do not think the font itself has changed???

Font is still Din.

Graphics are a major upgrade from the original curves package.

I hope there's some more diversity in future rollouts. So far, they're all in the same color scheme as a modified version of "Curves".

And in some less encouraging news, it looks like WTTE is using the exact same package alongside sidecar WSYX. They used to be different.

I hope they have plans for markets like San Antonio and Mobile/Pensacaola...

WSET 13 Roanoke has the updated graphics with 2 things

1) Steve Kamer as the new voiceover

2) The open uses a version of Curves (?) I have not heard of. (Maybe a lower pitched version of the main theme).

Edit: I didn't post pictures because they are just exactly the same for WSYX and WBMA. The open is just a little longer for the "Coverage You Can Count On " tagline.

• 2 weeks later...

WBFF’s chyrons appear to have gone all patriotic. Towards the right hand side of the chyron (where there’s rarely any text) a waving American flag is faded in as the background. I just noticed this last night after the World Series and it’s still there this morning.

eKp5bXr.jpg

xOv0X0A.jpg

Has this moved to any other Sinclair stations?

WSET 13 Roanoke has the updated graphics with 2 things

1) Steve Kamer as the new voiceover

2) The open uses a version of Curves (?) I have not heard of. (Maybe a lower pitched version of the main theme).

Edit: I didn't post pictures because they are just exactly the same for WSYX and WBMA. The open is just a little longer for the "Coverage You Can Count On " tagline.

I hope they got rid of that “Anytime, Anywhere” ABC Start Here graphic that should have been ditched in 2010

WBFF’s chyrons appear to have gone all patriotic. Towards the right hand side of the chyron (where there’s rarely any text) a waving American flag is faded in as the background. I just noticed this last night after the World Series and it’s still there this morning.

eKp5bXr.jpg

xOv0X0A.jpg

Maybe its for veterans day ?

eKp5bXr.jpg

xOv0X0A.jpg

If they're trying to imitate Fox News Channel from the early-mid 2000s, that's a good imitation.

[ATTACH=full]4804[/ATTACH]

Here it is from WSYX in 2002... I loved these graphics. This is from the NewsCenter era and when they adopted Convergence.

I never liked that update. The flag seemed tacked on, and it was probably done in response to the graphics that 10TV threw together after 9/11.

The original package with News Matrix was much better.

I've never been a fan of stations that constantly tweak their graphics to suit their needs. After a while, it starts to bastardize the whole look and feel.

I hope they got rid of that “Anytime, Anywhere” ABC Start Here graphic that should have been ditched in 2010

I believe they did at last check. Also, I failed to mention that it's no longer ABC News 13, just ABC13 News

I never liked that update. The flag seemed tacked on, and it was probably done in response to the graphics that 10TV threw together after 9/11.

I've never been a fan of stations that constantly tweak their graphics to suit their needs. After a while, it starts to bastardize the whole look and feel.

Ahhh... News Matrix. I can hear Richard Malmos' voice now:

"Now LIVE from WSYX-TV... this is NewsCenter on ABC-6." "You're watching NewsCenter on ABC-6, with Charlene Brown... and Bob Hetherington."

I found it interesting that it said “corporate graphics will be able to remotely update your lower 3rd template”. I thought the Sinclair rollout of these graphics were just sending out a template to the stations and say make it work. Sounds like they may be standardizing on hardware if they are remotely updating.

I found it interesting that it said “corporate graphics will be able to remotely update your lower 3rd template”. I thought the Sinclair rollout of these graphics were just sending out a template to the stations and say make it work. Sounds like they may be standardizing on hardware if they are remotely updating.

Also known as 21st century propaganda. By design. I’m waiting until 2020when they put Trumps head on the L3’s by mandate so the sheeple stay hypnotized. Don’t laugh. That can easily happen. Like with this stunt they are preparing to do.

— Matt

Archived