The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

it's also amateur hour at KOMU using Mizzou J-School students as cheap labor, CS1950 never got them to strike like the football team

Mizzou Journalism school alumni that work at KOMU have a way better chance at getting a job at a TV station than the football team do the NFL after they graduate.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTGS open

WFXL is using the Sinclair Theme but still has the old graphics

I mentioned this on the chatbox before...

WTGS is part in-house, part produced at WPDE-TV 15 / Myrtle Beach - Florence.

WFXL is part in-house, part produced at WGXA 24 / Macon.

This is something that I didn't know.

• 3 weeks later...

WKRC is broadcasting from their newsroom tonight. Weekend evening anchor Meghan Mongillo said that they are moving their current studio into another room and they are updating the entire look of Local 12 news. It will create a new feel when you watch our newscast. We look forward to giving us a sneak peek at the work sometime soon, just not tonight.

Sinclair-i-zation is imminent!

Which means that "Texta" will be no more. But it will likely live on on the countless Nexstar stations like WATN and WJET who copied WKRC's look.

Meaning that once those stations get new logos, texta will then be no more for real

Here's hoping the "Local 12" stays. WPMI's "Local 15" is still alive and well since they've switched and unless they decide to rebrand soon, it doesn't look like they'll go back to being "NBC 15" any time soon.

Interestingly enough, under Newport, WPMI's rebranding actually pre-dated WKRC's current look and similar logo by a few months. Aside from WPTY, Newport hit the cut and paste button from WKRC and launched similar formats and looks on their stations that made use of "texta".

• 3 weeks later...
Ummmm... based on the video content on their website from this morning, I don't see that it has changed yet...

I just checked my DVR recording of "Good Day Wisconsin" from this morning....still the old package. Granted, I *should* know if they have a 5PM on Sundays........guess I'll have to wait til the 9PM or 10PM or whenever it will be (Packers Family Night is airing tonight).

I just checked my DVR recording of "Good Day Wisconsin" from this morning....still the old package. Granted, I *should* know if they have a 5PM on Sundays........guess I'll have to wait til the 9PM or 10PM or whenever it will be (Packers Family Night is airing tonight).

10PM: Still the old graphics.

WLUK hasn't had a 5pm weekend newscast in quite some time, a few years now.

Archived