WABC's Lisa Colagrossi passes away after brain aneurysm

NYNewsCoverage

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they not gone public with it? I've seen just one tweet directed at the station, but ALL other references online merely mention the ailment and not a fatality, many updated in the last several minutes.

No one on-air seems torn up or anything, either, much less mentioning it.

Have they not gone public with it? I've seen just one tweet directed at the station, but ALL other references online merely mention the ailment and not a fatality, many updated in the last several minutes.

No one on-air seems torn up or anything, either, much less mentioning it.

All I've seen is Daily News article saying she's very sick.. Nothing on TV.. Thought they'd make it their top story. Nothing even mentioned as of 5:15

Seriously, there is only one civilian on Twitter saying she's passed. Until I see published proof, I'm going to hold out for the best possible outcome, because I'm not convinced at all.

This happened yesterday morning? I'm really suprised, as others have also said, that WABC has made no mention on air, online, or on any social media page, especially because this allegedly happened while she was on assignment. I assume her family asked for privacy. Otherwise, management made an odd decision.

I did not expect this- when I saw the topic name in the "recent topics" box, it felt like a rock plunged into my stomach. I'm really hoping she pulls through. But a better question is, was this a result of a pre-existing condition? Or did she suffer any head trauma recently? Or did she just do something really strenuous?

I did not expect this- when I saw the topic name in the "recent topics" box, it felt like a rock plunged into my stomach. I'm really hoping she pulls through. But a better question is, was this a result of a pre-existing condition? Or did she suffer any head trauma recently? Or did she just do something really strenuous?

From what I hear it's just something that develops over time. Nothing really causes it

I'm really at a loss for words. I had just seen her reporting Thursday on that fire. These brain aneurysms really are terrifyingly random, sudden, and destructive.

She is one of the best; a real professional. I keep thinking of her young kids she always posted about on FB. I'll be praying for a miracle.

I hope that WABC gives this some public attention at some point soon, but of course her family's wishes deserve to be honored as well if those are at play with regard to limiting coverage.

I'm really at a loss for words. I had just seen her reporting Thursday on that fire. These brain aneurysms really are terrifyingly random, sudden, and destructive.

She is one of the best; a real professional. I keep thinking of her young kids she always posted about on FB. I'll be praying for a miracle.

I hope that WABC gives this some public attention at some point soon, but of course her family's wishes deserve to be honored as well if those are at play with regard to limiting coverage.

apparently according to the article it happened on the way back from the fire

apparently according to the article it happened on the way back from the fire

It happened in the Live truck.. The cameraman flagged a passing ambulance. For the first time other reporters (mainly from other stations) are starting to mention it on Twitter.. I've only seen Anthony Johnson tweet "it's a sad night" and Diana Williams tweeted they are waiting confirmation from Lisa's family. Either way it's very very sad. Prayers with her family especially her young kids.

Archived