July 2015 Sweeps Results

ns8401

I know it isn't May but here is the July 2015 sweeps results for A25-54 for Detroit from a press release by WJBK, I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread since July won't have a huge ton of results:

A25-54:

430-5am:

WJBK News .9 (+11%)

WXYZ News .8

WDIV News .4

5-6am:

WJBK News 1.6 (+30%)

WXYZ News 1.0

WDIV News .7

6-7am:

WJBK News 2.5 (+50%)

WDIV News 1.2

WXYZ News 1.2

7-9am:

WJBK News 2.7 (+44%)

WDIV Today 1.5

WXYZ GMA 1.0

9-10am:

WJBK The Nine 2.0 (+42%)

WDIV Today .9

WXYZ Kelly And Michael .9

10-11am:

WJBK News 1.7 (+44%)

WDIV Rachael Ray .7

WXYZ The Doctors .4

11am-12pm:

WJBK News 1.7 (+44%)

WXYZ The View .7

WDIV Live In The D .5

5pm-6pm:

WJBK News 2.4 (+9%)

WDIV News 1.9

WXYZ News 1.0

6pm-630pm:

WJBK News 2.3 (+11%)

WDIV News 2.1

WXYZ News 1.5

10pm:

WJBK News 3.7

WMYD (WXYZ) News .8

11pm:

WDIV News 2.8

WJBK News 2.6

WXYZ News 1.9

I know it isn't May but here is the July 2015 sweeps results for A25-54 for Detroit from a press release by WJBK, I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread since July won't have a huge ton of results:

A25-54:

430-5am:

WJBK News .9 (+11%)

WXYZ News .8

WDIV News .4

5-6am:

WJBK News 1.6 (+30%)

WXYZ News 1.0

WDIV News .7

6-7am:

WJBK News 2.5 (+50%)

WDIV News 1.2

WXYZ News 1.2

7-9am:

WJBK News 2.7 (+44%)

WDIV Today 1.5

WXYZ GMA 1.0

9-10am:

WJBK The Nine 2.0 (+42%)

WDIV Today .9

WXYZ Kelly And Michael .9

10-11am:

WJBK News 1.7 (+44%)

WDIV Rachael Ray .7

WXYZ The Doctors .4

11am-12pm:

WJBK News 1.7 (+44%)

WXYZ The View .7

WDIV Live In The D .5

5pm-6pm:

WJBK News 2.4 (+9%)

WDIV News 1.9

WXYZ News 1.0

6pm-630pm:

WJBK News 2.3 (+11%)

WDIV News 2.1

WXYZ News 1.5

10pm:

WJBK News 3.7

WMYD (WXYZ) News .8

11pm:

WDIV News 2.8

WJBK News 2.6

WXYZ News 1.9

Wooow. WJBK, #1 in A25-54? That's a surprise to me. It seems like WJBK is getting younger viewers while WXYZ is getting the older viewers with WDIV, stuck in the middle.

Chicago

Surprisingly, there weren't detailed numbers provided, but WLS was back on top of WMAQ in total and demo at 10pm, and beat them in both categories at 5 and 6, too. WMAQ is up year to year. WGN easily took the morning race and at 9pm, pounding WFLD, as usual. Also of note, WBBM shed at whole point at 10pm, and no newscast did better than a 0.6. (per Robert Feder)

Chicago

Surprisingly, there weren't detailed numbers provided, but WLS was back on top of WMAQ in total and demo at 10pm, and beat them in both categories at 5 and 6, too. WMAQ is up year to year. WGN easily took the morning race and at 9pm, pounding WFLD, as usual. Also of note, WBBM shed at whole point at 10pm, and no newscast did better than a 0.6. (per Robert Feder)

I wonder why he didn't include numbers between 7 and 5 if it was so close?

is there anyway to access sweeps ratings for fort myers?Because the only thing i know is that wink is #1

The best way is to call the stations promotions departments and see if anyone put out a press release.

Kansas City reporting in (numbers ripped from a local TV forum)

5AM

WDAF 2.9

KMBC 2.9

KCTV 1.2

KSHB 0.6

6AM

WDAF 4.8

KMBC 4.8

KCTV 2.1

KSHB 2.0

7a-9a

WDAF 5.6

KMBC 5.0 (GMA)

KCTV 3.3 (CBS)

KSHB 2.6 (Today)

KCWE 0.7 (9news)

KMCI 0.7 (41news)

9am

Fox4 News 9am 4.8

BETTER KC 2.4

10am

KC LIVE 1.1

11AM

KSHB 2.2

12PM

KCTV 4.7

WDAF 4.3 (FULL HOUR)

4PM

KCTV 4.9

WDAF 3.6 (JUDGE JUDY)

KMBC 3.4 (ELLEN)

KSHB 2.7(NOW KC)

5PM

KMBC 6.7

KCTV 6.2

WDAF 5.1

KSHB 4.2

6PM

KMBC 7.7

WDAF 6.6

KCTV 6.0

KSHB 5.0

6:30PM

KSMO 0.4

9PM

WDAF 4.3

KCWE 1.1

KSMO 0.6

10PM 9:45PM Leadin

KMBC 7.4 4.8

WDAF 5.0 4.3

KSHB 4.6 2.9

KCTV 4.5 4.1

Kansas City reporting in (numbers ripped from a local TV forum)

5AM

WDAF 2.9

KMBC 2.9

KCTV 1.2

KSHB 0.6

6AM

WDAF 4.8

KMBC 4.8

KCTV 2.1

KSHB 2.0

7a-9a

WDAF 5.6

KMBC 5.0 (GMA)

KCTV 3.3 (CBS)

KSHB 2.6 (Today)

KCWE 0.7 (9news)

KMCI 0.7 (41news)

9am

Fox4 News 9am 4.8

BETTER KC 2.4

10am

KC LIVE 1.1

11AM

KSHB 2.2

12PM

KCTV 4.7

WDAF 4.3 (FULL HOUR)

4PM

KCTV 4.9

WDAF 3.6 (JUDGE JUDY)

KMBC 3.4 (ELLEN)

KSHB 2.7(NOW KC)

5PM

KMBC 6.7

KCTV 6.2

WDAF 5.1

KSHB 4.2

6PM

KMBC 7.7

WDAF 6.6

KCTV 6.0

KSHB 5.0

6:30PM

KSMO 0.4

9PM

WDAF 4.3

KCWE 1.1

KSMO 0.6

10PM 9:45PM Leadin

KMBC 7.4 4.8

WDAF 5.0 4.3

KSHB 4.6 2.9

KCTV 4.5 4.1

Looks like KMBC is getting their groove back. But what the heck is happening to KCTV, is all the turnover happening there making that much of an impact on the ratings?

Looks like KMBC is getting their groove back. But what the heck is happening to KCTV, is all the turnover happening there making that much of an impact on the ratings?

KCTV has had a lot less turnover than KSHB, so there's that. It's also possible that the Karen Fuller replacement (forget her name) isn't resonating well with viewers. Additionally, their 6:30pm and 9pm news have never rated well. 3 of the 4 stations have news at 9pm, which is a lot for a market our size (I believe). They've been battling KSHB for 3rd place at 6am for years now. What they should really be worried about is their 10pm.

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/tvradio/wisn-tv-continues-overall-lead-in-july-ratings-sweeps-b99547609z1-320098441.html

July numbers in Milwaukee maintain what seems to be the new ratings status quo: WISN leads full-day numbers and wins 5pm and 6pm; WITI tops in mornings and at 10pm; another rough period for WTMJ. WISN and WITI are both flat in sign-on to sign-off ratings from last July.

KSAT-TV nabs No. 1 again in news, prime time

The latest ratings may sound like a broken record to many, but they are music to the ears at KSAT.

The ABC affiliate’s longtime local news dominance continued during July ratings sweeps, while KENS and WOAI once again battled for second place in various news slots.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/movies-tv/article/KSAT-TV-nabs-No-1-again-in-news-prime-time-6418255.php

I won't even bother getting Atlanta's numbers...though I do think that in primetime, it was a photo finish between WSB (The Bachelorette/Celebrity Family Feud), WXIA (America's Got Talent), WAGA (So You Think You Can Dance), and WGCL (Big Brother).

In news, though, it's WGCL that's in trouble; with longtime anchor Stephany Fisher gone (though there are rumors that Fox 5 could be her new TV home) as well as Scott Light (despite his Emmy), Trayce Hutchins is the only senior face left.

I had no idea there were July sweeps. I thought it was just February, May, and November. Do stations do as many sweeps stories in July?

No one really bothers much with July sweeps since so much fewer people watch TV during the summer (vacation, etc.).

I won't even bother getting Atlanta's numbers...though I do think that in primetime, it was a photo finish between WSB (The Bachelorette/Celebrity Family Feud), WXIA (America's Got Talent), WAGA (So You Think You Can Dance), and WGCL (Big Brother).

In news, though, it's WGCL that's in trouble; with longtime anchor Stephany Fisher gone (though there are rumors that Fox 5 could be her new TV home) as well as Scott Light (despite his Emmy), Trayce Hutchins is the only senior face left.

It the same as usual and I posted the April sweeps from Rodney Ho from ajc.com and usually atlantadaybooknetwork.com has the ratings, but you have to wait forever. 1.) WSB, 2.) WAGA, 3.) WXIA, 4.)WGCL that how it goes and WSB has a 50 share compare to the competition. You could run test patterns and WSB still would be #1.

Here's Orlando's. WFTV won most time slots. WKMG reached more viewers at 11pm thanks to CBS' primetime lineup.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-july-ratings-late-news-winners-20150730-post.html

Here's Boston's (Adults 25-54 ratings, including rating chart)...

http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local-news/item/1137-july-ratings-results-for-boston.html

From NewEnglandOne...

Here is a look at what viewership looked like in Boston for the July 2015 rating period.

WCVB won all newscasts in households & P2+, WFXT and WCVB split wins in the advertiser friendly A25-54 demographic.

Highlights:

• WFXT expanded its wins in the morning over last month, winning all time periods (including edging out WCVB from 5am-6am by a small margin) except 6am-7am, which WCVB won
  • WCVB won noon, but it was a virtual tie with WHDH
  • WCVB won early evening
  • WFXT won both 10pm and 11pm

In Memphis, WREG's number one except for 6pm. That win goes to WMC.

http://www.tribunemedia.com/july-tv-sweeps-roundup-news-channel-3-is-hot-wreg-tops-all-memphis-tv-stations/

Here's Orlando's. WFTV won most time slots. WKMG reached more viewers at 11pm thanks to CBS' primetime lineup.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-july-ratings-late-news-winners-20150730-post.html

Here's Boston's (Adults 25-54 ratings, including rating chart)...

http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local-news/item/1137-july-ratings-results-for-boston.html

From NewEnglandOne...

In Memphis, WREG's number one except for 6pm. That win goes to WMC.

http://www.tribunemedia.com/july-tv-sweeps-roundup-news-channel-3-is-hot-wreg-tops-all-memphis-tv-stations/

So WFXT's growing dominance in the late time slots isn't a fluke huh? Cox did a remarkable job turning that station around.

Archived