Dave Price

j.wer

I didn't see it but Janice Huff tweeted that Dave Price did weather on noon show today as a fill in

Janice Huff@JaniceHuff4ny 1h1 hour ago

Janice Huff retweeted Catherine G Kent

We're all here! Dave is is working fill-in and vacaton relief!

Janice Huff added,

Catherine G Kent @THE_CathyKent

@JaniceHuff4ny 1st you look lovely 2nite,as usual. 2nd surprised 2 see Dave Price @noon. Hope none of my fav weather folks are gone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It was announced that he was hired full time... I wonder if he is going to be a noon guy or if one of the long timers is out? I surely hope they don't mess with Chris or Janice. They have credibility having been there for 20 years each...

It was announced that he was hired full time... I wonder if he is going to be a noon guy or if one of the long timers is out? I surely hope they don't mess with Chris or Janice. They have credibility having been there for 20 years each...

first who is your source? that's great for him and now lets get john marshall back on air!

Janice just did the weather at 5 and Dave Price is going to do it at 5:30...so it seems most likely that they'll have Dave Price do Noon and 5:30

Hmmmm... A fifth meteorologist for WNBC. How soon before WABC and WCBS follow suit and add a fifth. WABC could easily hire a meteorologist for the Noon and 4 and have Lee do 5, 6 & 11.

I hear Sam Champion may be looking for a new employer, a return to WABC in the works? ;)

I have this gut feeling Chris will eventually be replaced on the AM show by Dave.

It seems more and more stations are having 3 meteorologists during the week...WABC could really use a third at Noon and 4

How could WABC really use a third on weekdays? Bill and Lee seem to do the job with ease. It's a huge advantage for WABC to have that continuity.

Chris is a class act. And frankly, he has been on the morning show longer than anyone on WNBC. He was great with Jane and Maurice back in the 90's and his professionalism has continued all these years later.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/11/2/nbc-oos-quietly-making-plans-to-launch-new-newscasts

Perhaps this has something to do with Dave's hiring.

The way I see it is they will move Raphael from weekend mornings and noon a few days week to noon 5 days a week and possibly even doing the 7 pm show. Dave & Erica will handle weekend mornings and evenings respectively. Chris would remain on mornings and Janice would remain on evenings possibly giving up the 7 to focus on 5,6 & 11.

The way I see it is they will move Raphael from weekend mornings and noon a few days week to noon 5 days a week and possibly even doing the 7 pm show. Dave & Erica will handle weekend mornings and evenings respectively. Chris would remain on mornings and Janice would remain on evenings possibly giving up the 7 to focus on 5,6 & 11.

I don't see that happening at all. I'm more intrigued to see what happens with the anchor pairings if they add a 4pm. Also thought I read a while back that they no longer are doing the 7pm.

I don't see that happening at all. I'm more intrigued to see what happens with the anchor pairings if they add a 4pm. Also thought I read a while back that they no longer are doing the 7pm.

No they are still on at 7:00 p.m. for an hour on weeknights on Cozi TV NYC.

4 pm anchor team could possibly be Sibila & Chuck while remaining on 6 & 11. Shiba & Rob can do noon Shiba and David 5.

Right. WTVJ does the same thing. However, if a 4pm comes along it may go back to being one team at 5pm.

In fact, all of my stations in South Florida use two different teams for their 90-minute (WFOR 4/WTVJ 6), 2 and half-hour (WPLG 10) or 3-hour news blocks (WSVN 7).

I see this going two ways...

Noon & 4: Shiba & David

5, 6 & 11: Sibila & Chuck

Noon & 5: Shiba & David

4, 6 & 11: Sibila & Chuck

The only reason I don't see Chuck and Sibila doing a 4 is because a 4 would probably be a lot lighter than the 5 and definitely lighter than the 6 and 11 so WNBC may want to keep Chuck & Sibila on the more serious broadcasts.

Archived