WFXT new graphics

William1111

BREAKING:

WFXT's debuting their new graphics package tonight, they've already released their (absolutely shit) logo on social media....

If you don't know the details, they were acquired by Cox last year after a swap with KTVU (they also got WHBQ, which recently debuted new graphics as well, and it actually looked pretty decent, because their CSD is from WSOC)

Prepare your barf bags

Get ready.........

12196295_10153423017648122_5751237829514507004_n.jpg

Yep, you saw that correctly. That's not someone's bad mock logo.

I'd expect that crap from Sinclair, but not Cox.

<sarcastic tone> Totally looks like a top-10 DMA logo</sarcastic>

(sorry for the awful grammar btw, i'm writing this on my phone)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BREAKING:

WFXT's debuting their new graphics package tonight, they've already released their (absolutely shit) logo on social media....

If you don't know the details, they were acquired by Cox last year after a swap with KTVU (they also got WHBQ, which recently debuted new graphics as well, and it actually looked pretty decent, because their CSD is from WSOC)

Prepare your barf bags

Get ready.........

12196295_10153423017648122_5751237829514507004_n.jpg

Yep, you saw that correctly. That's not someone's bad mock logo.

I'd expect that crap from Sinclair, but not Cox.

<sarcastic tone> Totally looks like a top-10 DMA logo</sarcastic>

(sorry for the awful grammar btw, i'm writing this on my phone)

I'm headed to the bar, see you in about a few years when they get rid of this.

Well, considering most of the staff is former KTVU, a lot of this makes sense. Typical CMG branding.

Also taken from KTVU: StormTracker, Live Drive Time Traffic

The logo isn't great... looks like that weird mess they created in Jacksonville.

The graphics are fine. I was surprised by the choice of impact for the theme. The worst thing is the logo. I don't know who Cox is hiring for logo design these days but this and the monstrosity in Jacksonville are just plain awful. I expect better from a company like Cox

So what did we learn today?

WFXT's new logo = I wanna throw up.

Complete New England News Coverage = KTVU

Graphics = WFTV

Impact by 615 Music = nobody from Cox's stations

StormTracker Weather = KTVU

LIVE Drive Time Traffic = KTVU

All WFXT did was steal graphics, slogans and other uses from other stations and just mash it up onto WFXT. I have a feeling that WHBQ's new look and everything will be a lot better than today's WFXT's messed-up garbage (sorry for the criticism on the new look after just an hour, but its just plain awful). However, with WFTV and WFXT now with the same style of graphics, I'm just thinking will that be the new Cox-mandated graphics? Probably not because KIRO debuted new ones this month and WSB is just... plain awesome WSB.

So what did we learn today?

WFXT's new logo = I wanna throw up.

Complete New England News Coverage = KTVU

Graphics = WFTV

Impact by 615 Music = nobody from Cox's stations

StormTracker Weather = KTVU

LIVE Drive Time Traffic = KTVU

All WFXT did was steal graphics, slogans and other uses from other stations and just mash it up onto WFXT. I have a feeling that WHBQ's new look and everything will be a lot better than today's WFXT's messed-up garbage (sorry for the criticism on the new look after just an hour, but its just plain awful). However, with WFTV and WFXT now with the same style of graphics, I'm just thinking will that be the new Cox-mandated graphics? Probably not because KIRO debuted new ones this month and WSB is just... plain awesome WSB.

thats like WFLX bad. but hey at least they have that studio the size of CNN.

WFLX.png

That doesn't even have the actual Fox logo there. It would've looked much better with it.

Even lower market stations have better (or at least equally fine) logos than this.

At least the network's official logo is in some of them.

This logo is pretty bad. Cox knows better than this.

That doesn't even have the actual Fox logo there. It would've looked much better with it.

Even lower market stations have better (or at least equally fine) logos than this.

At least the network's official logo is in some of them.

This logo is pretty bad. Cox knows better than this.

is it too hard to go back to this? imagine what could happen when watching gotham or EMPIRE!

500px-WFXT_Fox_25_logo.jpg

Really, Cox? The least you could've done with that logo is put the real Fox logo in. The logo overall though looks like something out of Springfield, MA or Manchester, NH than Boston. Hell, the WJAX logo is better than this crap.

Really, Cox? The least you could've done with that logo is put the real Fox logo in. The logo overall though looks like something out of Springfield, MA or Manchester, NH than Boston. Hell, the WJAX logo is better than this crap.

Thanks for insulting the market. There are pretty talented people in this market, and my gawd comparing WFXT to Manchester, you're out of your mind! I've done some high quality programming on public access channels that would make commercial programming jealous!

In anyway, I want to barf too on these hideous graphics. I can make much better graphics for free! What in the h-ll is Cox thinking? Why can't they just give the station to NBC make it an O&O and then have Uncle Ed run WHDH as a Fox affiliate? (since there was those rumors again last month...)

But CMG has continued to not listen to its viewers and walk in line of what CMG demands. It's not a surprise that Cox hates Fox and they'll make every excuse to debrand, but I would be very surprised the affiliation agreement didn't have terms to not de-Fox Fox 25. Cox could care less about the real audience outside the Mass 128 beltway!

And if people really think WFXT will be #1 by the end of next month again, people would be naive, just as the management is arrogant they think they have a true KTVU clone on the East Coast. Many comments pages on the Boston media sites plus social media have upset viewers stating they won't ever watch WFXT ever again.

(again fair disclosure, I don't work in the business or in the local media market.)

Archived