KCBS/KCAL to get new set.

CtrlAltDelete

I love how creative they can get with the new displays, as well as the color-changing lighting elements of the set, as seen here at the end of the 11AM newscast (screenshot from Time Warner Cable web streaming): 1827792557_Screenshot(3825).thumb.png.07313200183520bef2f4003d9a6970ac.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how creative they can get with the new displays, as well as the color-changing lighting elements of the set, as seen here at the end of the 11AM newscast (screenshot from Time Warner Cable web streaming): [ATTACH=full]3177[/ATTACH]

It makes me wonder if they would turn Red for Breaking News like NBC does. I haven't seen any of that at KNBC with the new graphics they have.

I'll bet that CBS 2 could do that, and yes, NBC 4 did use their red breaking news set motif on Sunday night during coverage of the Sand Fire. I'd heard of KNBC's debut of the Look N gfx, and saw them in action as the 11PM newscast began. Don"t have any screencaps of that, though.

Did KCAL get a set update?

Also, I love the throw back "2" in the interview area. It goes back to the early 90s during the Action News era.

A update is probably in the works. Remember KCBS decamped to KCAL's studio during this renovation.

Was it ever confirmed if KCAL was going to get a new set as well? It's been more than a week since KCBS debuted their set, and KCAL is still using their old set.

• 1 month later...
I don't know what it is about BDI's sets that are so unique. Is it their expansive nature? Their thing seems to be building wide open sets with long things accentuating it. The desk is long, the monitor arrays are long, frankly the entire back wall is long. On the interview set or whatever, the couch is long, the back shelving is long...maybe I'm looking into it too much.

On a side note, where in the world has BDI been? Seems like they haven't done much of note recently, at least in the States. They, like FX, seemed to be quite popular back in the HD transition rush, but gradually faded.

Agreed! Proportions are very strange...seems like a lot of wasted material used. The sets would shoot much better if they were to tighten up a bit, that way they wouldn't look like they were tossing to Nebraska!

Agreed! Proportions are very strange...seems like a lot of wasted material used. The sets would shoot much better if they were to tighten up a bit, that way they wouldn't look like they were tossing to Nebraska!

I think BDI likes to use the full scope of the studio size - resulting in larger desks, monitor arrays and big distances between set furniture.

All CBS O&O's on Channel 2 are using the same 2 now. All shall conform.

Not quite. WBBM's 2 is different than the coasts, and I wouldn't be surprised if KDKA's is not the same, either, though someone else would have to confirm that.

Not quite. WBBM's 2 is different than the coasts, and I wouldn't be surprised if KDKA's is not the same, either, though someone else would have to confirm that.

They are all using different fonts for the 2. KDKA is using Swiss 721 Bold Extended, WBBM uses Helvetica, and I still have not been able to identify the KCBS and WCBS 2 font. It's not Helvetica or Swiss 721 (though I suppose it's pretty close to Swiss 721).

WCBS/KCBS: 200?cb=20160331190946

WBBM: 250?cb=20141028005016

KDKA: kdka-logo-gold.png

Archived