KCBS/KCAL to get new set.

CtrlAltDelete

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same way about this set as I did for both KNBC and KABC. Its not bad but it seems I always expect to be wowed but wind up being just content with the set. Its not the best but certainly not the worst. It's just an average looking set.

Everybody, here's the first official picture of CBS 2 brand new news set.

7YqL8pt.jpg

9v0uIMn.jpg

I hope there is more to the set ... MUCH MORE.

If not, then I would check the shipping order from the set designers ... Maybe they got the Pittsburgh and LA orders switched at shipping.

KDKA > KCBS.

-- Matt

For all it's worth, at least they're utilizing the large studio space well. They even managed to fit a small "waiting room" in there right next to the interview area.

Or it could just be a break room for anchors.

Likely a mimic of the Toyota Green Room over at CBS This Morning.

I think part of it is the way the shots are framed with a bunch of empty floor and lighting grid that won't be visible in 16:9, but the set feels like it's up tight against the walls of a huge space. A part of me wants to pull that desk out from the wall a few more feet and do some CBS This Morning/Morning Joe-style news in the round (even though I know that it would probably mess up the camera blocking for the interview set.)�

Everybody, I'm going to have to re-upload the entire CBS 2 News Set, so please; be patient and bear with me on this.

UPDATE: Fresh pictures of the new set.

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?media/albums/kcbs-tv-los-angeles-ca.84/

Sorry folks, I ran out of space to upload more on the gallery.

LA is such an unique market.

KCBS didn't get the FX group sets like KPIX, WCBS, WFOR etc...

KNBC has a different version of the NBC O&O styled set.

KTTV never got the Blythe O&O set.

Everybody, here's the first official picture of CBS 2 brand new news set.

7YqL8pt.jpg

9v0uIMn.jpg

When is it going to debut? I live in Orange County and a CBS/KCAL/KNBC Viewer and I got antsy over the new NBC O&O Graphics and now extremely antsy over this.

I don't know what it is about BDI's sets that are so unique. Is it their expansive nature? Their thing seems to be building wide open sets with long things accentuating it. The desk is long, the monitor arrays are long, frankly the entire back wall is long. On the interview set or whatever, the couch is long, the back shelving is long...maybe I'm looking into it too much.

On a side note, where in the world has BDI been? Seems like they haven't done much of note recently, at least in the States. They, like FX, seemed to be quite popular back in the HD transition rush, but gradually faded.

On a side note, where in the world has BDI been? Seems like they haven't done much of note recently, at least in the States. They, like FX, seemed to be quite popular back in the HD transition rush, but gradually faded.

They've done a lot actually. Every set in LA except for KTTV's is a BDI creation. They also did KCNC's most recent set.

Archived