Prince Dead...The next 24 hours of News

Eat News

The next 24 hours of local and national news should be comical in all respects.

Example #1

Seeing Wolf Blitzer say "Prince is Dead" with a straight face.

Not basing on his death....just the impending news boffo scene.

The King of pop is dead...Prince is dead...but happy birthday to Queen Elizabeth who turns 90 today!!!

No, you're right. Someone's gonna screw up, royally (excuse the pun). That said, isn't it unfortunate that THIS is what has to happen for the cable nets to shut up about politics for 5 minutes?

No, you're right. Someone's gonna screw up, royally (excuse the pun). That said, isn't it unfortunate that THIS is what has to happen for the cable nets to shut up about politics for 5 minutes?

So say you are a news director at a Scripps station....trying to stay hip and reach those youngsters......

Do you break into regular programming...or is Prince "too old"?

Who is gonna bag the Oprah Reax???

So very sad. A talented artist.

Well today is the Queens 90th birthday - I had to turn off BBC WN because it got a bit exhausting. BBC World was in the middle of their Outside Source program and took the news immediately around 1:20 PM and rolled with it until about 1:45PM - at the bottom of the hour they joined their domestic channel which just finished the 6:00PM newscast.

Here in the Minneapolis-St. Paul market, all stations with news departments (KARE, KMSP, KSTP, WCCO) went to wall-to-wall breaking news coverage by 1 PM Central. WCCO essentially just extended its noon newscast. Minnesota Public Radio News has suspended regular programming as well. This is arguably the biggest local news story to break since the I-35W bridge collapse in 2007.

If you thought the newsrooms at Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, E! News, Extra, and Inside Edition imploded with the dual deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson in June 2009, they already have again with Chyna and now Prince!

Guest Former Member 207
If you thought the newsrooms at Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, E! News, Extra, and Inside Edition imploded with the dual deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson in June 2009, they already have again with Chyna and now Prince!

Those are interesting parallels...I can remember that there was at least 5-6 hours in between of news breaking about Fawcett and Jackson's deaths, and most people didn't know Chyna's passing until early this morning, even though the news just broke just around 11pm Pacific time last night. Prince, clearly, will dominate the news from now until he's laid to rest...unfortunately for Chyna, hers was an unfortunate tale of her life spiraling out of control, and would be a matter of time before something horrible happened to her, which it sadly did. Assholes who despise wrestling like Colin Cowherd and Phil Mushnick are gonna have a field day with Chyna's tragic death, just like Cowherd did with Eddie Guerrero those many years ago, and Mushnick just because he's a dick.

I'm still in absolute shock about Prince's passing...I grew up a big fan of his music (and still am a fan); my mother (may she rest in peace) was a Prince fan too, and especially loved the Purple Rain movie and soundtrack.

May they rest in peace...

MTV soul and MTV rb were able to react quickly and go BTW pretty quickly. However it took the main MTV channel more than 8 hours to switch programming. FOX News having Kennedy was a real asset in those first few hours with her previous MTV background.

How often will you see a newsperson wish a queen happy 90th birthday...and then announce that prince is dead in the same segment?

Poor lil Chyna got bumped right out of the cycle.

Archived