FOX45/CW54/My24 studios in Baltimore evacuated after a bomb threat

TriangleTriadMediaNews

The three stations are that close to each other? That must be weird.

In Harrisburg WHP and WHTM can literally throw stones at each other; they're right across the street, while in Erie, WJET/WFXP and WQLN share a driveway south of town. Baltimore's situation is unique because all the stations outside of WMAR gravitated to that high point in the city to place their studios and transmitters.

Who targets entire station groups with bomb threats?
I never said that I got the idea that all of Sinclair (they're too big for that). But let me rephrase what I said anyway, I meant that I got the idea that whoever that person is that targeted WBFF would also do the same to many of Sinclair's larger stations (as in top 30 marlets including WBFF's now next door neighbor, WJLA)

I never said that I got the idea that all of Sinclair (they're too big for that). But let me rephrase what I said anyway, I meant that I got the idea that whoever that person is that targeted WBFF would also do the same to many of Sinclair's larger stations (as in top 30 marlets including WBFF's now next door neighbor, WJLA)

But why?

In other countries if you violate the perimeter of the TV station or transmitter...they can mow you down with an M-16 machine gun.

No questions asked.

What would they do if someone drove up to the front of the building in a tank?

[MEDIA=twitter]578890779302711296[/MEDIA]

Granite that was a protest but still threatening.

Side note you can rent that thing and it's street legal.

What would they do if someone drove up to the front of the building in a tank?

[MEDIA=twitter]578890779302711296[/MEDIA]

Granite that was a protest but still threatening.

Side note you can rent that thing and it's street legal.

Just a reminder about so called "street legal tanks"...

San Diego had to deal with one in 1995....remember?

Always enjoy dragging that one out of the archives.

The suspect is from Howard County outside of Baltimore. Shelley Orman from FOX45 asked his father "Why do you think he chose FOX45?" and he replied "Well we love FOX News." wow
Sinclair is essentially an OTA Fox News (complete with a lot of Fox affiliates), and pretty soon, ABC News will become conservative because of Sinclair.

and pretty soon, ABC News will become conservative because of Sinclair.

Um, how? It's not like Sinclair has influence at the network news level. How could they become conservative when FNC already has that angle well covered at this point?

Also, another Golden Oldie from KSAZ (then KOOL-TV) in Phoenix from 1982:

This is great stuff...thanks for posting it. See how difficult it was to be a crazy person with a manifesto 30 some years ago. It took dedication and skill...now any idiot with an internet connection can play crazy.

I miss those days.

On their 4PM newscast they showed how they got out of course they showed a security flaw. Their building is kind of on a hill where the second floor opens out onto a residential street. The reporter in the package showed how they walked out of the newsroom up a row of steps and out towards the second floor at grade exit. This exit is just a set of two glass doors with no security but right near the managers offices.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bump this thread because there has been an update on the case. Yesterday a judge found the suspect "not criminally responsible". The suspect was deemed to be showing symptoms of mental illness when he committed the crime. He will be placed in a state mental hospital until doctors determine that he is no longer a threat.

Archived