WABC New Graphics

Roadgeek Adam

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new graphics just debuted. The caps above didn't preview anything. I didn't catch the open, but the flat look is now in. Think a flatter version of the KTRK graphics. The bug is a little weird and the 'LIVE' graphic is also odd, but the whole package isn't bad at all.

[GALLERY=media, 806]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 805]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 804]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 803]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 802]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 801]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 800]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 799]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 798]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 797]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM[/GALLERY]

The 12:30 rejoin uses the open animation and music that we saw in the Vimeo account. Here are some stills from the rejoin & the top stories

[GALLERY=media, 807]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 808]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 809]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 810]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 811]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 812]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 813]Image by NewserNY posted May 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM[/GALLERY]

It looks fake to me... Unless someone has the open in 60 fps so I can really get a taste.

Busted. You win. We all made this up. It's not real. We were just pulling your leg.

From what I've seen here, I think I like it. It's just very, very plain, but that's the style these days. It just seems "clunky."

I like that they're 16:9. This now leaves CBS 2 as the only station here that's still stuck with a 4:3 graphics package. (I could see CBS 2 making this adjustment soon to fit in.)

Looking forward to seeing more.

Edit: Watched a bit of the videos on their website. When graphics are this simple, I look to the animations to make them feel sleek. I'm mixed. The lower-third seems to be fine but the text feels like it's slow to appear. And the bug just cuts to the version in the headlines that did not have the time/temp to the one that did, and below the "abc7NY" just cuts to the Eyewitness News logo. Doesn't feel very polished there. And the "live" text is not centered, which is odd.

Another Edit: Watching the 4:00. Their "branded" lower-thirds (such as "First @ 4:00 PM" and "Vote 2016") have elements that make extend and go all the way to the left and right sides of the screen. I don't think I like having the graphic be a different width just because it's branded.

Also, it looks like the lower-thirds use ALL CAPS for names, locations and other text, saving Mixed Case only for talent names. Kind of a weird way to differentiate.

Like the cleaner, modern new look.

Hate the way "abc7NY" is still being written out. It looks juvenile.. Just write it in a normal font and promote @abc7ny #abc7ny and just say abc7ny.com

Too bad they didn't take the opportunity to update the backdrops they use on the set. They paid so much for the technology to do that yet use nearly none of it.

I kinda hate the bug too. Almost everything about it doesn't look right.

-The time and temp are so close to the edge, yet feel close to touching the Circle Seven logo at the same time.

-The "abc7ny" line is terrible. (The "Eyewitness News" line is rather cool)

They should put time/temp on top like the last look. They would look much better as part of a box-like bug unlike the last bug.

Everything else about the new graphics are amazing.

The simple flat look with the three colors (dark blue, red and white) are superb and the opens are pretty nice. The L3 are infinitely better than the flabby blue ones.

Overall, a big step up here. Congrats to the graphics department.

I like the background for the weather graphics, especially how they incorporated the skyline into it. However the font and clip art cheapens the Seven Day graphic. Looks really amateur.

I did like one thing thats new, where he touches a day on the Seven Day and it pulls up the future cast.

Archived