How To Fix PIX11

Newyorktalent

Should be interesting up till Fall.

They have an interim GM but obviously who ever takes the job , has to come in with a new plan.

Odds are against Waldman staying and her managers.

Under her and Graziano the ratings have tanked even more.

There's also anchor questions.

How much longer with Muller and Fadal at 10. Its not working.

Mr. G is long overdue for retirement.

Fadal deserves to be demoted or fired she is more interested in self promotion on her relationships or what not

Kaity and Brenda deserve slots Kaity and Brenda get the full 6 pm hour, Brenda does the 5 pm and report on the 10 pm Kaity rightfully restored to 10 pm or vice versa

Mr G can stay for as long as he wants he's an institution i would restore scott to sports director and make extensive changes to the AM show give it to younger people, suki is gone

in the mornings i would give kala and craig the 5-7 hour and the new team the 7-9 hour linda and marisa can stay doing the traffic

weekends

in the am hire a new meteorologist and the team will be 3 person

weekend evenings it will be a 4 person team craig allen can stay andy would be returned back to weekends

Never thought I'd be saying this, but I feel that they need to hire another meteorologist. Mr. G and Linda Church take off a lot, and all that's left seems to be Marissa Torres (Craig Allen can never seem to fill in during the week). I love Marissa as a traffic or entertainment reporter, but I feel that they should have another meteorologist on standby (Chris Knowles is now an EP so he doesn't fill in, and Joe Cioffi mainly focuses on fios1). They do have Lisa Mateo too, but I'd like to see another meteorologist, especially if they do in fact expand to weekend mornings. I remember at one point that had G, Linda, Craig, Joe, Chris, that Jeanette girl, Lisa, and Rachel Frank all in rotation.

How bout this?

4:30-6: Dan Manarino/Kirstin Cole

6-9: Craig Treadway/ Kala Rama

5pm John Muller/ Brenda Blackmon

6pm Kori Chambers/ Kaity Tong

10pm John Muller/ Kaity Tong

Weekends they could either promote with in or hire a two person team.. Mr. G isn't the worst but they could do better. Scott should go back to sports.. But get rid of the sports desk. And new graphics too all around

How bout this?

4:30-6: Dan Manarino/Kirstin Cole

6-9: Craig Treadway/ Kala Rama

5pm John Muller/ Brenda Blackmon

6pm Kori Chambers/ Kaity Tong

10pm John Muller/ Kaity Tong

Weekends they could either promote with in or hire a two person team.. Mr. G isn't the worst but they could do better. Scott should go back to sports.. But get rid of the sports desk. And new graphics too all around

We going the Fox 5 approach? Also, personally, Brenda and Kaity at 6 would be fine with me or have John do 6.

• 3 weeks later...

In evenings, I would have it as this:

5pm-Muller/Blackmon

6pm-Tong/Blackmon

10pm-Muller/Tong

In the mornings, I would get rid of Suki and have a 4:30-7 team and a 7-9 team. Someone from the 4:30-7 team would be news reader at 7-9. The 7-9 edition of PIX11 Morning News would be similar in format to NBC's Today just localized for NYC and the Tri-State Area. Finally, Dick Goddard Mr. G and groom someone to be an eventual successor.

I co-sign with this...

In evenings, I would have it as this:

5pm-Muller/Blackmon

6pm-Tong/Blackmon

10pm-Muller/Tong

In the mornings, I would get rid of Suki and have a 4:30-7 team and a 7-9 team. Someone from the 4:30-7 team would be news reader at 7-9. The 7-9 edition of PIX11 Morning News would be similar in format to NBC's Today just localized for NYC and the Tri-State Area.

and put Dan Mannarino back behind the anchor desk. I don't care when on weekdays (but especially during the mornings).

How about moving Linda Church to weekends? :D (I had to bring that back, sorry)

#weekendswithchurch would be nice but

I think suki and tamsen have to hit the curb

the new teams should be (IN MY OPINION)

4:30am-7am Craig Tredway and kala Rama

7am-10am John Muller and Lynne White (#theorginals)

1pm & 5pm Dan Manrino and Lisa Mateo

6pm Kaity tong and Brenda Blackmon (Full Hour)

10pm Jim Watkins and Kaity Tong

They have had so many changes do you think the viewers are going to stick around for the 100,000 anchor change at PIX? Isn't Suki/Tamsen their morning franchise and just stick w/ them awhile longer?

I like the 7-10am, 6 and 10pm teams! The rest? Ehh... But if anything, keep the 4:30-7:00am team and throw the 1:00 and 5:00pm teams away. Where's Peter and Mary when you need them?

Fadal deserves to be demoted or fired she is more interested in self promotion on her relationships or what not

Kaity and Brenda deserve slots Kaity and Brenda get the full 6 pm hour, Brenda does the 5 pm and report on the 10 pm Kaity rightfully restored to 10 pm or vice versa

Mr G can stay for as long as he wants he's an institution i would restore scott to sports director and make extensive changes to the AM show give it to younger people, suki is gone

in the mornings i would give kala and craig the 5-7 hour and the new team the 7-9 hour linda and marisa can stay doing the traffic

weekends

in the am hire a new meteorologist and the team will be 3 person

weekend evenings it will be a 4 person team craig allen can stay andy would be returned back to weekends

I agree 100% about Tamsen. She's way too unprofessional with her obsession with social media, glamour shots and self promotion. And let's not forget the fact that her smart phone is practically glued to her hand on set. I also believe it's about time Suki is removed from the AM lead anchor chair. She's failed with multiple anchor partners yet has remained unscathed while they have either been fired or banished to fill-in duty. Her on-air behavior is often bizarre and inappropriate with her often getting on a soapbox to preach her personal beliefs. Teaming her with Scott has created a "Laurel & Hardy" morning team. It's time to class up those two positions. I have no problem with any other of the AM or PM staff. I do think they should use Lisa Mateo more. She's the most likable personality on PIX. But that's just my opinion.

Just thought about this: How about switching Tamsen and Kala? If PIX ever did get rid of Suki (I think that would involve a ND change for that to happen)- Tamsen could replace her, and maybe Kala could do evenings with John. Of course Kala and John have never worked together so they have no established chemistry, but it's a thought, as they are both two solid professional anchors.

Just thought about this: How about switching Tamsen and Kala? If PIX ever did get rid of Suki (I think that would involve a ND change for that to happen)- Tamsen could replace her, and maybe Kala could do evenings with John. Of course Kala and John have never worked together so they have no established chemistry, but it's a thought, as they are both two solid professional anchors.

I'm really not sold on Kala. She's serviceable as a fill-in anchor, but I really don't see her as an everyday lead. As for the morning show, I really think they need to go outside to find two new co-lead anchors. They need to really shake things up.

I don't see anyone on the current staff capable of doing that. Kala seems too robotic, Kristen comes off to me as insincere, and Tamsen is way too much into self promotion and the whole social media thing. They need two new talking heads who are professional, dynamic, likable....and connect with viewers. GOOD LUCK!

While it's likely 100% speculation like most of his reporting..Jerry Barmash tweeted that WPIX is cancelling the 6:30 newscast

That's WPIX's mistake, if this is true. They should've made that into an hour-long 6:00pm newscast to try and save it and have Kaity and Brenda to anchor the hour-long PIX 11 News at 6:00pm instead of having two half-hour newscasts, unlike the first hour.

I think it was the timeslot. I love Kaity and Brenda, but honestly I'd rather watch network news at that time. It didn't work in 2010 with Jim and Kaity (one of the best NY teams ever), so I didn't think it would work this time either. But I guess it was worth resurrecting the idea. They should just keep the 5 as it is and have Kaity and Brenda do the 6 in the 6:30 format and scrap the 6pm format.

PIX is ridiculous. The executives can't make anything work so they keep getting rid of people (except for a select few..) They could put Chris Knowles back on air as a meteorologist, keep Brenda and give her and Kaity the 5.. John and Tamsen get the 6 and 10.. Clearly nothing is going to work.. Ever since they changed a few years ago they haven't moved much in the ratings and it's not the on-air people's fault

Although I'm sure this won't happen, they could just put Kaity on at 6 solo. This provides good competition for both Ernie Anastos and Dana Tyler. Also, looking into the future, they should hire an outsider to anchor with Kori on weekends (although honestly that would be a good placement for Brenda Blackmon if they kept her).

Archived