Possible new logo for KMOV

Mrtraveler01

I noticed two other instances when an app was changed to reflect a new logo before it went live. WBAL's weather app had their current branding as a logo for months before the rebrand occurred on air.

But yes the logo looks a bit clunky and generic.

WALA has a different logo for their Android app.

n3KEoPJZTza37-3Vwl_3jBNcIeJnDiqYjSK4uEFo_a16ZYYGWIDmYt3FuLbGAD_U03Y=w300

I'm hoping something like this NEVER hits the air. It needs more work.

It does use the same "10" that their "FOXten" overlays.

foxtennews-2012-logo.JPG

Like Raycom, these logos are VERY different from their on-air efforts.

WALA's look is getting a little tired, and 615's "RHRN" needs to die, like yesterday. Meredith has done very little to the on-air look aside from making one-line supers, a news ticker, overproduced vidboxes, the "video wall" and the dreaded "Surprise Squad"!

It's the same "4" but with they eye next to it.

I hope they don't change the brand to CBS 4 News.

My hunch: KMOV adopts this logo (which isn't that bad, honestly), keeps the "News 4" brand and switches to the CBS O&O graphics.

The WALA logo looks fine, and it's even less clunky than the current FOXten brand.

The KMOV logo is...passable but bland. The 4 is now a little too thick.

The horizontal version is pretty good... It's the app icon that seems clunky.

The old logo is decent but in the current look it is WAY too small as a bug.

The horizontal version is pretty good... It's the app icon that seems clunky.

The old logo is decent but in the current look it is WAY too small as a bug.

That's probably the reason it's getting ditched, because it doesn't work at small sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the new logo looks nice for an app Icon but for a Newscast, maybe they move the News inbetween the CBS Eye and the 4.

Honestly, KMOV needs a refresh. KSDK and KTVI's graphics and logos are way better imo.

EDIT: In other semi-related STL logos, KSDK's website now has a 70 Years anniversary banner

te19IXroo.webp

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a screengrab of a sales promo (a contest the station is putting on with VPS Airport and Allegiant Air)...with the "new" logo...

upload_2017-1-22_22-9-49.png.23e33f9a6bf41f6bab9ffc530796f8dd.png

There's another event promo with the logo as well. All of the station promos still have the current look on them.

I'm betting the relaunch will happen after the Super Bowl or soon thereafter...

Here's a screengrab of a sales promo (a contest the station is putting on with VPS Airport and Allegiant Air)...with the "new" logo...

[ATTACH=full]3600[/ATTACH]

There's another event promo with the logo as well. All of the station promos still have the current look on them.

The February books start this Thursday. Could it possibly launch around that time?

[ATTACH=full]3600[/ATTACH]

Especially since the Super Bowl is on Fox this year, I think that's a safe bet.

As far as KMOV is concerned. I haven't seen anything new as of yet besides what I've already posted.

Super Bowl seems like the ideal time to make the switch. Given the audience implications, it's the time to make a splash.

Although changes these days are haphazard and sporadic, I think Meredith and WALA could pull it off without a hitch. I'm hoping "Right Here Right Now" and Greg O'Neill are retired as well. Beau Weaver perhaps?

Archived