KGTV Dumps LAFF Network on 10.2, Replaces it with 24 Hour News

n925tv

KGTV has gotten rid of the Laff Network on their 10.2 subchannel, and replaced it with reruns of their news broadcasts. It's now called NEWS-CH according to my TV info, and the schedule online shows it as airing reruns of their 8 AM broadcast all day until their 5 PM broadcast.

According to their Titan TV system on their website, they ended the Laff programming at 6 AM this morning, and have been airing reruns of the newscasts since then. The guide is also showing that the Laff programing will return on 3/31 at 7 PM. But until then, reruns of the latest newscast will air.

Kinda strange, what crazy thing is their news director experimenting with now?

20170319_150736.thumb.jpg.b362c102e87b8f218f536c9f988639ce.jpg

Guest Former Member 207

What's KZSD currently airing? Maybe Laff (and probably the other Katz diginets not carried in the market) eventually lands there.

[quote name='rkolsen']Since KGTV has had the same traffic ticker information for years (was it ever fixed @Eat News ?) is this news channel's ticker and time "live" or a recorded?[/QUOTE] The ticker is still busted.. It now shows the same thing as the XETV ticker. My guess is COX and Spectrum are going to wait till 3-31 to complete the new channel assignments (whatever they may be) We need to hook up an antenna to see.

WTVR has a similar subchannel. During the week, their 6am newscast is re-aired until noon, the noon until 5, so on and so forth. They also use that subchannel to air regular programming if they need to pre-empt it on 6.1 for breaking news or weather coverage.

So do the Griffin stations in Tulsa and OKC, with News on 6 Now and News 9 Now, respectively.

Oh Jeepers,

Seems the wizards at COX or KGTV got the aspect ratio messed up on newschannel10.. so now it's a compressed 4:3 ( on 810 N.COX) and now... all the tubbo gorditas have gotten taller...and lost weight.

Oh Jeepers,

Seems the wizards at COX or KGTV got the aspect ratio messed up on newschannel10.. so now it's a compressed 4:3 ( on 810 N.COX) and now... all the tubbo gorditas have gotten taller...and lost weight.

Must be COX, it's still 16:9 for me. Only 480p quality though, and the image seems to be slightly zoomed in compared to their normal 10.1 channel.

Oh Jeepers,

Cox probably didn't get notice of the aspect ratio change. Me-TV stations which send out their 16:9 signal in a 4:3 frame often look like this too so they have to switch it at the headend; optimally KGTV needs to send the stretch AFD code out so Cox doesn't have to do a thing.

Cox probably didn't get notice of the aspect ratio change. Me-TV stations which send out their 16:9 signal in a 4:3 frame often look like this too so they have to switch it at the headend; optimally KGTV needs to send the stretch AFD code out so Cox doesn't have to do a thing.

Well if you could call them and let them know because they are sick of me calling.

Just last week I called to remind them to change the time on my cable box clock because of daylight savings, they seemed annoyed by my friendly reminder.

Same thing when I called Verizion.

What if they forget?

So is it possible that they're airing LAFF OTA on the former Azteca channel?

Possible?

By no fault of anyone here, it seems Scripps has now entered the equation of what is supposed to be a simple affiliate switch.

Anything is possible, and just when you think it's not....Raymie comes up with something new about how the XETV swap will affect the endangered Mexican jumping turtle in Del Rio,TX.

So yaaaaa....

It's possible it's the OTA signal.

Nothing from KGTV can surprise me anymore.

Nothing.

Possible?

By no fault of anyone here, it seems Scripps has now entered the equation of what is supposed to be a simple affiliate switch.

Anything is possible, and just when you think it's not....Raymie comes up with something new about how the XETV swap will affect the endangered Mexican jumping turtle in Del Rio,TX.

So yaaaaa....

It's possible it's the OTA signal.

Nothing from KGTV can surprise me anymore.

Nothing.

Yet, they wonder why their ratings are in the toilet.

And on a side note: I still can't understand how they let Itica go (whether her choice or not), but yet keep Anne State and Ariel "Garfield eyes" Wessler.

They let Itica go?

When the...?

Seriously? What a bunch of goobers, she was one of the few believable ones.

Oh shiiiz...

I saw Fiorena do a forced active stand-up the other day. I swear the look in his eyes were "help me....please help me". He was forced to do the "walkie-pointy to the sign" stand-up. He looked sooo unhappy , like a sad tomato.

I felt really sorry for him cuz his soul seemed lost....not like the old Steve who was funny and tough in the field. I bet he misses Itica.

They let Itica go?

When the...?

Seriously? What a bunch of goobers, she was one of the few believable ones.

Oh shiiiz...

I saw Fiorena do a forced active stand-up the other day. I swear the look in his eyes were "help me....please help me". He was forced to do the "walkie-pointy to the sign" stand-up. He looked sooo unhappy , like a sad tomato.

I felt really sorry for him cuz his soul seemed lost....not like the old Steve who was funny and tough in the field. I bet he misses Itica.

She took off for a position at County Sup. Kristin Gaspar office as Comm. Director, or something like that. I highly doubt she leaves 10 if they had offered her something good to stay... Especially now that the County Supervisors are subject to term limits. So the job will last at max 4 years or 8.

Yeah, they're treating Steve like they did Bob Lawrence. Trying to push him out slowly, so they make him less and less visible- no anchor work, etc. Pretty sad since he's one of the best. As was Bob Lawrence- the guy had this charisma and chops that made you really respect him. I remember running into him at a few events- military events, over the years and he was always very nice and his military work for 10 was great. Which isn't surprising considering he was a former Marine.

Instead of using Stories that matter as a slogan, KGTV should steal LAFF's slogan. It suits them very well.

10 News: LAFF (Laugh), You know you want to.

She took off for a position at County Sup. Kristin Gaspar office as Comm. Director, or something like that.

Instead of using Stories that matter as a slogan, KGTV should steal LAFF's slogan. It suits them very well.

10 News: LAFF (Laugh), You know you want to.

Lol

I bet every reporter in SD applied for that gig.

Good for her, for a second I thought she MAY be off to the CW8 deal til I saw your post.

Itica was going to replace Kim in a lot of peoples eyes. I don't know if I Iike the idea of "P.R.Flack Itica"...well at least she is not going to Diane Jacobs office.

(spew)

Lol

I bet every reporter in SD applied for that gig.

Good for her, for a second I thought she MAY be off to the CW8 deal til I saw your post.

Itica was going to replace Kim in a lot of peoples eyes. I don't know if I Iike the idea of "P.R.Flack Itica"...well at least she is not going to Diane Jacobs office.

(spew)

I was surprised that she left. In regards to the her replacing Kim... really? why? I could totally understand if they wanted to replace Kim with a cheaper alternative, but Itica i'm sure was making a lot more than a younger replacement would.

Either way, I take it that the ND wasn't too fond of Itica in the first place. I mean, why hire 2 extra anchors for a one-hour version of The Now? Seems overkill, when they could have had Itica, and promoted Dan Haggerty at the time. Then they hired Brian Shlongsky, so they basically had 6 anchors for 3.5 hours of newscasts...overkill. Ever since they hired Anne and Snorlax, Itica had been filling in less and less for Kim or Steve.

Ever since they hired Anne and Snorlax, Itica had been filling in less and less for Kim or Steve.

Did they hire Snorlax for their traffic reports?

"A large animal is blocking the roadway at...oh wait, that's me!"

Did they hire Snorlax for their traffic reports?

"A large animal is blocking the roadway at...oh wait, that's me!"

LOL. Well, he's not snorlax size, but the guy looks like he's asleep...and he puts people to sleep as well. I'm talking about Ariel Wesler.

It's like they picked the two most boring, stale and pale anchors in the world, and stuck them on The Now.

Archived