Comey coverage

ColDayNews

ABC:

George Stephanopoulos will anchor the network's coverage from their Times Square studio, home of Good Morning America. Stephanopoulos will be joined by Pierre Thomas, Dan Abrams, and Martha Raddatz.

CBS:

Norah O'Donnell, Gayle King and Charlie Rose will anchor coverage from the CBS Broadcast Center beginning at 10:00 am ET. Joining them at the Broadcast Center: moderator of Face the Nation John Dickerson, and CBS News Legal Correspondent Jan Crawford. Reporting from Washington: CBS News Homeland Security and Justice correspondent Jeff Pegues; Chip Reid and Nancy Cordes on Capitol Hill. Coverage will be simulcast on CBSN. Preempts: Local programming + The Price is Right + Y&R on the east coast; and CTM on the west coast.

NBC:

Coverage will be anchored by Savannah Guthrie, Chuck Todd and Lester Holt under the purview of the Today show. Preempted: 4th hour of Today and NBC Sports' coverage of the French Open.

FOX:

Sister cable outlet Fox News Channel will produce coverage for the Fox broadcast network, anchored by FNC's Chief News Anchor Shepard Smith. Contributions will come from FNC correspondents Mike Emanuel, Catherine Herridge, Jennifer Griffin and John Roberts. Analysis will also come from FNC's Senior Judicial Analyst, Judge Andrew Napolitano.

FNC:

FNC's coverage will be anchored via an extended edition of America's Newsroom, anchored by Bill Hemmer and Shannon Bream. Contributions will come from Bret Baier, Chris Wallace, and Dana Perino.

CNN:

Will carry wall to wall, however; details have not been released.

MSNBC:

Will carry wall to wall, however; no details released.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBC plans on a Special Report as well, seeing as the French Open will not being until 11am ET, with the testimony starting at 10am ET. It is possible they pre-empt French Open or move it over to NBCSN. Public testimony is expected to conclude by 1pm ET, but we will see.

NBC plans on a Special Report as well, seeing as the French Open will not being until 11am ET, with the testimony starting at 10am ET. It is possible they pre-empt French Open or move it over to NBCSN. Public testimony is expected to conclude by 1pm ET, but we will see.

Does nbc's contract with the French open allow them to move coverage to another channel on such short notice?

This is the closest to impeachment that an American president has been since 1998. Any questions?

Just how close to impeachment are we?

Seriously...

Don't answer it...it's a trick question.

With a B-S statement like that you could write for TV news.

This is the closest to impeachment that an American president has been since 1998. Any questions?
Your statement is completely false for two reasons 1. Republican House and Senate. 2. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has already stated Pres. Trump is not under investigation.

Which will be low. The public, unlike those connected to the MSM, won't be watching.

If the nets blow out the spot load then it's for the public good...if they leave the spots in..then it's all for ratings.

My guess is the spots stay, and we get a bunch of little "tv-timeouts".

It should be a good ratings draw for the first day.

Your statement is completely false for two reasons 1. Republican House and Senate. 2. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has already stated Pres. Trump is not under investigation.

Better yet I should rephrase: this is the highest profile scandal that has overtaken a White House in almost twenty years.

i once had a rare occasion that they would temporarily move the CBS feed to my CW station when they were showing Big Brother given that both my CBS and CW station are CBS O&O.

Unrelated but ok

Don't forget: if NBC does carry breaking news coverage of the hearing and continues on into the 11 a.m. ET hour, then French Open coverage would more than just air on NBCSN, but also to stream on the NBC Sports website and app. There may be two other possibilities: either an NBC affiliate's sister station that is either independent or affiliated with the CW or the Fox-owned MyNetworkTV would carry the French Open in the event that NBC affiliate does carry the hearing, or the other way around.

Unrelated but ok

i'm talking about the time when they interrupted CBS Programming in a CBS Special report. their was a rare occasion that they temporarily had to move regular CBS programming to the CW feed because of the white house coverage. i apologize for that.

Just how close to impeachment are we?

Seriously...

Don't answer it...it's a trick question.

I'm going to answer.

You see, if I pull out my textbook it tells me that we need to measure the distance between the president and the KGB...

What was the question again?

NBC is covering the Comey testimony on the network. Just announced. Savannah Guthrie Lester Holt and Chuck Todd anchor.

wouldn't they be in violation of their contract with the French open by not carrying the women's semifinals on their scheduled day?

Archived