Comey coverage

ColDayNews

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can tell you, by the way, that my station is pre-empting the 9:00 a.m. news (although it's hardly a newscast), Live! and Rachael Ray to run the FOX level-2 cut-in. We may have to collapse the 12:00 news too.

Is fox providing an option for stations to bail at noon for local news?

You know those times when you see viewers complain about tornado warnings cutting into programming and the mets having to defend it? This...doesn't feel quite as important as that yet.

If NBC is serious about airing the French Opem live, I actually think they should do it. They can otherwise push to MSNBC and cut in if something truly damning comes out. This is also prolly why FOX's coverage is Level 2--they know it will eat into their O&O's very profitable morning shows in some markets.

Whether you see this as a crucifixion of Trump or not, the truth right now is that close to half of the electorate does, and would rather watch something else. And even if something actionable comes from this, impeachments and resignations won't immediately follow.

Of course, the Washington Post could drop another bomb this evening ahead of the hearing, so I have the right to change my mind in this.

Well, I have a feeling that NBC's live "French Open" coverage would be live in the Eastern Time Zone, yet taped delayed in the rest of the United States. What I have read on the NBC Sports Press Box website explains the reason why. NBC stations--whether or not owned by NBCUniversal--in areas outside the Eastern Time Zone may air live coverage of the Comey hearing. I do thank NBCSN for preparing to air the French Open live tomorrow and Friday.

I can tell you, by the way, that my station is pre-empting the 9:00 a.m. news (although it's hardly a newscast), Live! and Rachael Ray to run the FOX level-2 cut-in. We may have to collapse the 12:00 news too.

I believe there will be an opportunity for stations to break away for their local news or to ID themselves. A chyron is usually placed on the screen: "SOME STATIONS MAY CUT AWAY FOR LOCAL NEWS / COVERAGE CONTINUES ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL"

lol well i would never expect them to go balls to the wall for this.

Given the recent hits in viewership, I would hope FOX would be pushing the viewers to FNC as opposed to running SP's on the FOX Affils. Why piss-off the affiliates who will get all those nasty calls from viewers looking for those real court shows.

Given the recent hits in viewership, I would hope FOX would be pushing the viewers to FNC as opposed to running SP's on the FOX Affils. Why piss-off the affiliates who will get all those nasty calls from viewers looking for those real court shows.

WRLH is airing their standard fare of "who's the baby's daddy?" and "I married a horse!". I'm convinced that they'll never air a SR outside of prime time, the world could be ending as we speak but the last thing I'd hear would be Maury Povich LOL.

Don't know if FOX17 did air the Comey hearings. I'm surprise that NBC doesn't take the whole French Open and put most of it on NBCSN or try to get a sub-contract with Tennis Channel like they did with ESPN for years.

I doubt it will be an open-hearing based on that little leak from last week's Comey's closed-door testimony which revealed that Sessions had a third undisclosed meeting with some Russians.

Jeff sessions will go before congress on Tuesday, will the broadcast networks preempt daytime programming for it?

Trump hasn't fired Sessions (yet) and the GOP senators who control the committee will do their damnedest to keep Sessions from accidentally further incriminating has himself.

ABC, CBS and Fox (as a level 2) have announced they will cover the Sessions hearing tomorrow beginning at 2:30 ET. It will be an open session hearing. Would presume NBC will as well given the above but haven't seen any formal announcement of that yet.

I usually find these committee hearings quite boring, but Comey's testimony last week was very entertaining. Kept me glued for the 3+hours. I hope Sessions session is just as juicy.

I wonder if they'll ask Jeff how he's able to get those delicious chocolate chip cookies so moist and perfect? Special "Russian flour" perhaps?

ABC, CBS and Fox (as a level 2) have announced they will cover the Sessions hearing tomorrow beginning at 2:30 ET. It will be an open session hearing. Would presume NBC will as well given the above but haven't seen any formal announcement of that yet.

Is shep anchoring on fox broadcast and if not, who is?

WRLH is airing their standard fare of "who's the baby's daddy?" and "I married a horse!". I'm convinced that they'll never air a SR outside of prime time, the world could be ending as we speak but the last thing I'd hear would be Maury Povich LOL.

As much as I'd like to dig into the owners and their crush on Trump, I think the real reason is that WRLH doesn't have a news department.

NBC is carrying the sessions testimony as an optional special report

Speaking of which. KDNL didn't carry the Comey hearing and is also not carrying the Sessions hearing.

So tempted to make a dig at ownership...

GM's are NOT gonna keep blowing out paid spots for a story with plummeting news value. You really need to justify ditching spots unless it's wx or something else of national interest....not a "story" that grabs the fancy of the downstream media cable nets.

Archived