Comey coverage

ColDayNews

Just how close to impeachment are we?

Seriously...

Don't answer it...it's a trick question.

With a B-S statement like that you could write for TV news.

Actually trying and convicting Trump is a near impossibility, but it's very plausible that Republicans will force Trump to take a Nixon-esque route out. Ryan, McConnell and Pence (and any other person of power) will tell Trump in no uncertain terms, "resign or we'll impose Section Four of the 25th Amendment on you."

Of course Nixon had a Democrat majority ready to try him, so he had no choice but to bow out in humiliating manner. However, this GOP (and it's monetary backers) would be just fine just handing the reins over to Pence, who actually has an understanding of how government functions.

What we don't know yet is how much of this administration is legitimately tainted by the scandal**. See the Ohio Gang Scandal of 1923, which erupted after Warren G. Harding passed away.

** No, I won't play conspiracy theory... yet.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wouldn't they be in violation of their contract with the French open by not carrying the women's semifinals on their scheduled day?

Suppose the contract doesn't necessarily dictate the coverage has to air on the main NBC network, especially for the semis, that there could be an option to shift to NBCSN or elsewhere.

The press release doesn't address how the French open coverage will be handled.

People died in Bengazi.

HRC's testimony before Congress in 2013 wasn't given the level of attention as it should have been.

It was persistently investigated by Congress over the course of four years and became a critical issue in the election last year. Comey's initial decision not to file charges against Hillary AND his last-minute memo briefly reopening the investigation in late October was front page news.

Ironically, the people who were spearheading the conversation the most - Trump and Mike Flynn, with his "lock her up" chants - factor the most in this scandal.

wouldn't they be in violation of their contract with the French open by not carrying the women's semifinals on their scheduled day?

I'm pretty sure this contract (and that of many other sporting events) are written with the provisions to preempt or move to another broadcast outlet in the event of a major news event, and this sure qualifies.

I'm pretty sure this contract (and that of many other sporting events) are written with the provisions to preempt or move to another broadcast outlet in the event of a major news event, and this sure qualifies.

Wouldn't it have to be a matter of grave national concern for that provision to be invoked

Wouldn't it have to be a matter of grave national concern for that provision to be invoked

No. The networks pull away from sports for breaking news all the time. NBC pulled away from sports programming for Obama's remarks on Syria a few years ago. Fox pulled away from soccer in July for a news conference on the mass shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Fox moved the soccer game to FX and NBC moved the soccer game to CNBC.

No. The networks pull away from sports for breaking news all the time. NBC pulled away from sports programming for Obama's remarks on Syria a few years ago. Fox pulled away from soccer in July for a news conference on the mass shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Fox moved the soccer game to FX and NBC moved the soccer game to CNBC.

Did fox break away from soccer on all stations?

Did fox break away from soccer on all stations?

Offtopic but I'll answer.

I recall the announcer saying something similar to "Some of you will be leaving us briefly for a special report from Fox News."

FOX's coverage is level 2 (optional).

No doubt attributable to Fox affiliates on the west coast having local shows in the 7a-10a PDT timeframe.

I'd be surprised if any of them DIDN'T carry the Fox News feed.

NBC didn't air the Second Presidential Debate in 2016 on it's network due to Sunday Night Football. This just shows the inconsistency of the network's special report discretion. And a debate's date is something known over a year in advance. I guess sometimes it comes down to money/ratings. In Thursday's case, I would bet the Comey testimony is the better bet compared to French Open.

How many fox affiliates usually carry a fox special report?

Most if not all O&O's do, but for affiliates, I guess it depends on if they produce their own newscasts or not. I know when I lived in Raleigh, WRAZ NEVER aired SR's unless they were during primetime, same goes with WRLH in Richmond, but WTTG usually carries all of them.

No doubt attributable to Fox affiliates on the west coast having local shows in the 7a-10a PDT timeframe.

I'd be surprised if any of them DIDN'T carry the Fox News feed.

That's a good point. A Level 1 would wipe out those lucrative local morning shows, especially an option when you have a Big 3 running the Fox affiliate with a morning show extension (something like KAYU running a 7-9 morning show from KHQ).

Frankly at this point the French Open contract among NBC and Tennis Channel is such a mess that they just need a new one, period. It was fine with ESPN airing some of the tourney under a sub-contract with Tennis Channel but now it's some coverage on NBC, most of it on a channel nobody gets and is now basically a Sinclair lure. Most of the concerns will as always be with the game show and soap fans who will do their usual grumps to the switchboard/on Facebook about their shows being pre-empted.

NBC didn't air the Second Presidential Debate in 2016 on it's network due to Sunday Night Football. This just shows the inconsistency of the network's special report discretion. And a debate's date is something known over a year in advance. I guess sometimes it comes down to money/ratings.

More about the NFL's contracts unfortunately, and there's little the networks can do. There is little to no latitude about moving a game to a different feed outside of severe weather. The league is at the level where they would call-out a station that bumped a game to even a MeTV subchannel. I remember they weren't very happy that an MNF Cowboys game went to KTXD a few years ago as a tactic to boost that station's lineup because WFAA wasn't about to lose Dancing with the Stars viewers.

How many fox affiliates usually carry a fox special report?

News-heavies always do east of the Rockies (and more now in June when most everything court and talk but Wendy Williams is in repeat hell until September outside of their test shows). Usually the lighter stations don't, and those west of the Rockies might choose jump-ins here and there from NewsEdge or CNN.

NBC didn't air the Second Presidential Debate in 2016 on it's network due to Sunday Night Football. This just shows the inconsistency of the network's special report discretion. And a debate's date is something known over a year in advance. I guess sometimes it comes down to money/ratings. In Thursday's case, I would bet the Comey testimony is the better bet compared to French Open.

NBC did offer coverage of the debate. They allowed affiliates to air it on their subchannel or duopoly. I think they may have mentioned it on FNIA.

Comey really can't say that Trump obstructed justice. And he won't. What he WILL testify to will be enough of a damning indictment against him.

And it should be noted that Trump is planning to live tweet his reactions to Comey's testimony, because of course Trump would be stupid enough to do such a thing.

Comey really can't say that Trump obstructed justice. And he won't. What he WILL testify to will be enough of a damning indictment against him.

And it should be noted that Trump is planning to live tweet his reactions to Comey's testimony, because of course Trump would be stupid enough to do such a thing.

lol Wow. I thought this couldn't get any more shocking and absurd.

Excuse me, I need to buy like $50 worth of snacks. Cause this oughta be good.

Frankly at this point the French Open contract among NBC and Tennis Channel is such a mess that they just need a new one, period. It was fine with ESPN airing some of the tourney under a sub-contract with Tennis Channel but now it's some coverage on NBC, most of it on a channel nobody gets and is now basically a Sinclair lure. Most of the concerns will as always be with the game show and soap fans who will do their usual grumps to the switchboard/on Facebook about their shows being pre-empted.

More about the NFL's contracts unfortunately, and there's little the networks can do. There is little to no latitude about moving a game to a different feed outside of severe weather. The league is at the level where they would call-out a station that bumped a game to even a MeTV subchannel. I remember they weren't very happy that an MNF Cowboys game went to KTXD a few years ago as a tactic to boost that station's lineup because WFAA wasn't about to lose Dancing with the Stars viewers.

News-heavies always do east of the Rockies (and more now in June when most everything court and talk but Wendy Williams is in repeat hell until September outside of their test shows). Usually the lighter stations don't, and those west of the Rockies might choose jump-ins here and there from NewsEdge or CNN.

is NewsEdge the feed used for cut-ins on the Fox network?

Make it a PPV event and I'm in for $29.95

Archived