Comey coverage

ColDayNews

lol Wow. I thought this couldn't get any more shocking and absurd.

Excuse me, I need to buy like $50 worth of snacks. Cause this oughta be good.

I have a friend who has a popcorn tree, want me to get in touch with him to see if you can get free popcorn?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is NewsEdge the feed used for cut-ins on the Fox network?

No, it's the affiliate news service. I assume they'd take the feed from the Fox station directly, and if that's not possible, either use NewsEdge as a shortcut or even the Network News Service as a backup.

If Trump live tweets Comey's testimony, then he's just asking for it. He can't be that stupid to self-incriminate, or can he?... The fact that Republicans are letting Trump self-destruct is very telling as to what their end game will be.

If you want to believe today's reports that Trump and the Keebler Elf (Sessions) aren't seeing eye to eye, that in addition to blasting the Justice Department earlier in the week. Oh can't forget that he pissed off the FBI's rank and file by saying that Comey had lost their support- even though some agents came out to say that those reports weren't true.

Either way, in the end, the Comey hearing should be very interesting.

Here's the full details from NBC.

There will be a split edition of Today. Savannah in DC and Matt in 1A. At 10PM Savannah will be joined by Lester and Chuck.

MSNBC will start off with Morning Joe. At 9AM it will be anchored by Brian Williams with Nicole Wallace. At 9:30 A "slate of experts" will begin to appear. Coverage will continue throughout the day.

Lester will anchor Nightly News from D.C.

Online there will be a live blog and stream. Ken Dillainian, Ali Vitali and Leigh Ann Caldwell will give coverage and analysis from Capital Hill and the White House.

Oddly enough a press release put out today lists that the French Open Women's Semi Finals will still air on NBC.

And it promises to be a very busy Thursday, because after Comey the attention will immediately shift across the waters to the British general election; polls close at 10:00 pm there, which is 5:00 pm Eastern (it'll be primetime when the first results roll in).

C-SPAN of course will have Comey uninterrupted, followed by the British election coverage (possibly from ITV again).

No interest in watching the hearing as I fine them to be boring plus I can get the highlights later from the news.

You know those times when you see viewers complain about tornado warnings cutting into programming and the mets having to defend it? This...doesn't feel quite as important as that yet.

If NBC is serious about airing the French Opem live, I actually think they should do it. They can otherwise push to MSNBC and cut in if something truly damning comes out. This is also prolly why FOX's coverage is Level 2--they know it will eat into their O&O's very profitable morning shows in some markets.

Whether you see this as a crucifixion of Trump or not, the truth right now is that close to half of the electorate does, and would rather watch something else. And even if something actionable comes from this, impeachments and resignations won't immediately follow.

Of course, the Washington Post could drop another bomb this evening ahead of the hearing, so I have the right to change my mind in this.

More about the NFL's contracts unfortunately, and there's little the networks can do. There is little to no latitude about moving a game to a different feed outside of severe weather. The league is at the level where they would call-out a station that bumped a game to even a MeTV subchannel. I remember they weren't very happy that an MNF Cowboys game went to KTXD a few years ago as a tactic to boost that station's lineup because WFAA wasn't about to lose Dancing with the Stars viewers.

when the Chiefs appear on MNF, KMBC always airs the game OTA from the ESPN feed, and bumps Dancing with the Stars to KCWE, and CW programming gets pre-empted totally

You know those times when you see viewers complain about tornado warnings cutting into programming and the mets having to defend it? This...doesn't feel quite as important as that yet.

If NBC is serious about airing the French Opem live, I actually think they should do it. They can otherwise push to MSNBC and cut in if something truly damning comes out. This is also prolly why FOX's coverage is Level 2--they know it will eat into their O&O's very profitable morning shows in some markets.

Whether you see this as a crucifixion of Trump or not, the truth right now is that close to half of the electorate does, and would rather watch something else. And even if something actionable comes from this, impeachments and resignations won't immediately follow.

Of course, the Washington Post could drop another bomb this evening ahead of the hearing, so I have the right to change my mind in this.

Fox network coverage was probably going to be level 2 no matter what, I think it would take something on the scale of JFK getting shot to do a level 1 report

Fox network coverage was probably going to be level 2 no matter what, I think it would take something on the scale of JFK getting shot to do a level 1 report

Let's not go to the extremes kid. There are plenty of other instances where FOX would do a level 1, and it does not necessarily involve a president getting assasinated or on that scale. If it's a matter of public safety/country threat then they'll break into programming.

Let's not go to the extremes kid. There are plenty of other instances where FOX would do a level 1, and it does not necessarily involve a president getting assasinated or on that scale. If it's a matter of public safety/country threat then they'll break into programming.

when was the the last time (aside from primetime presidential speeches, which I assume are always mandatory) Fox did a level 1 special report?

Again, Fox's lack of network news programming, coupled with many of their O&Os and affiliates having lucrative local morning news shows, and the existence of Fox News... that's going to result in a different priority scale for them.

Again, Fox's lack of network news programming, coupled with many of their O&Os and affiliates having lucrative local morning news shows, and the existence of Fox News... that's going to result in a different priority scale for them.

How many times does it have to be explained to you? As the two above have explained to you, Fox affiliates + O&Os have very profitable AM newscasts which in turn makes money for the network. FOX does not have a national network morning show, thanks in part to the success of FOX & Friends on FNC and the affiliate newscasts. Some affiliates do not like the association with FNC. Network special reports being anchored by FNC air talent doesn't help, either. Therefore, different stations = different priorities. If your station carries it, fine. If your station doesn't, there are other networks you can watch on.

How many times does it have to be explained to you? As the two above have explained to you, Fox affiliates + O&Os have very profitable AM newscasts which in turn makes money for the network. FOX does not have a national network morning show, thanks in part to the success of FOX & Friends on FNC and the affiliate newscasts. Some affiliates do not like the association with FNC. Network special reports being anchored by FNC air talent doesn't help, either. Therefore, different stations = different priorities. If your station carries it, fine. If your station doesn't, there are other networks you can watch on.

ok,ok, I get it now, hahaha

How many times does it have to be explained to you? As the two above have explained to you, Fox affiliates have very profitable AM newscasts which in turn makes money for the network. FOX does not have a national network morning show, thanks in part to the success of FOX & Friends on FNC and the affiliate newscasts. Some affiliates do not like the association with FNC. Network special reports being anchored by FNC air talent doesn't help, either. Therefore, different stations = different priorities. If your station carries it, fine. If your station doesn't, there are other networks you can watch on.

Plus, just because the station doesn't air the network coverage of the testimony, doesn't mean they will not air the testimony, especially if they are still in their morning newscast at the time.. They may use the various wire services to provide video, and do their own coverage.

You lose all of that add time when you run these long form SR's, most fox stations outside of the top 50 have a bare bones news staff or they outsource news so you don't have a ND going to the GM demanding to run these fox special reports all the time. The GM's and add people are going to pick running Maury and divorce court every time. These are also the affiliates that demand so little is run level 1 come affiliate contract time. Then you have the ND's in the large markets wanting to run their own coverage because "people recognize the local news people and are more comfortable with them."

I can tell you, by the way, that my station is pre-empting the 9:00 a.m. news (although it's hardly a newscast), Live! and Rachael Ray to run the FOX level-2 cut-in. We may have to collapse the 12:00 news too.

Archived