ABC 7 Denver

What does it matter what logo is on the station's building anyway? WTXF's building still has its old logo despite it being replaced over a decade ago. (They still have that old logo throughout the INTERIOR if I'm still thinking right.)

What does it matter what logo is on the station's building anyway? WTXF's building still has its old logo despite it being replaced over a decade ago. (They still have that old logo throughout the INTERIOR if I'm still thinking right.)

Nope!

For some reason, KDVR’s O&O logo seemed more cartoonish than the other Fox O&Os.

Their whole implementation of the first-generation O&O look was really janky, probably because when they were put into place the station was in the process of being sold to Local TV...

Their whole implementation of the first-generation O&O look was really janky, probably because when they were put into place the station was in the process of being sold to Local TV...

I remember there was a billboard outside their building that had a logo with the "31" in the same style as WTVT's and the "myfoxcolorado" branding at least a full year (if not longer) before they switched to the O&O look on air.

Once the graphics actually did launch, I thought the V.1 look was well executed from what I remember. It was the V.2 look (which was post-sale) that was botched.

Well by that point, especially regarding having a super old logo hanging up somewhere inside the building, it's probably more for aesthetic and nostalgia purposes.

Same for KPHO. I think they used their 2002-2008 logo on their building until they moved to the KTVK building in 2014.

It still looks like a strategic mistake to me, especially after seeing how the KWGN and KDVR looks were *just* harmonized in the last few months. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but it just doesn't feel right. It's interesting this change happened as the station had no news director. I don't know what the music is, but it sounds bad. The music that was just replaced was so good.

In fairness, the reaction on social media seems to be mixed, or at least not as bad as it is on here. If anything, lots of viewers seem to like the change.

37491616080_00073c418d_b.jpg

37701412716_810e9a0a2a_b.jpg

37749785671_5d9eb39989_b.jpg

37040601814_a9738713d6_b.jpg

I think a lot of us are asking the same question:

37749782181_ee38731e5b_b.jpg

I've watched about 3 minutes of Good Day Colorado, and the swooshing sound with the animated graphics drove me to turn the channel.

Graphics are ok. The logo is abysmal. The old graphics were the best in the market, imho...

I've watched about 3 minutes of Good Day Colorado, and the swooshing sound with the animated graphics drove me to turn the channel.

Graphics are ok. The logo is abysmal. The old graphics were the best in the market, imho...

They should have re-designed the graphics to make it their own. The logo is by far to me plain, then again all of the stations out in Denver have plain logos. The theme and music cuts I have not heard yet.

KLMO-TV Channel 4 uploaded the open, it’s alright. Maybe they could’ve used something else than This is the Place.

Thoughts?

1. Here's the flat in all of it's (lack) of glory!

22310425_10155931291376600_7633365311728330544_n.png?oh=b402057715cf9007e4ce50ffadc84f0b&oe=5A68697D

Secondly, we are the only Top 30 market to use This is the Place. It lacks originality or any inspiration.

1. Here's the flat in all of it's (lack) of glory!

22310425_10155931291376600_7633365311728330544_n.png?oh=b402057715cf9007e4ce50ffadc84f0b&oe=5A68697D

Secondly, we are the only Top 30 market to use This is the Place. It lacks originality or any inspiration.

Uh, WOIO uses TITP and Cleveland is #19.

Also, I cringe at what might be coming for WJW if they get these graphics. At least WJW won't get Inergy or TITP if they go Arnold.

Uh, WOIO uses TITP and Cleveland is #19.

Also, I cringe at what might be coming for WJW if they get these graphics. At least WJW won't get Inergy or TITP if they go Arnold.

The package itself isn't actually that bad. What gets me is the package that it replaced was a whole lot better. This would be a great replacement for the graphics packages in places like St. Louis, Kansas City, and Milwaukee.

The package itself isn't actually that bad. What gets me is the package that it replaced was a whole lot better. This would be a great replacement for the graphics packages in places like St. Louis, Kansas City, and Milwaukee.

If anything, the KDVR 2014 graphics would have been a good alternate graphics package for Tribune Fox affiliates who didn't want to go all the way with the "I Can't Believe It's Not A Fox O&O" look.

Another thing I'm not liking is the announcer headlining the news instead of the anchors... feels almost robotic?

When Weaver was at WFTV, there wasn’t much variety in his delivery either (not his fault - Cox people).

Beau Weaver is a good imaging voice. He's already been doing the bulk of imaging for WJW (Jeff Laurence does commercial bumpers and some promo liners, while Greg O'Neill's old "Cleveland's Own, Fox 8 News" open is still in service for some odd reason.)

That being said, reading the teases is not for him. Some good talent like Scott Chapin, Jim Cutler or Paul Turner could... but it just doesn't ... sound right.

For all we know, Sinclair will give WJW only one choice for new music: Glass or Curves.

• 2 weeks later...
I see there's now an opening for a weekend morning producer on their website. They must be getting ready to do a weekend morning show. Neither KDVR nor KWGN have ever had one.

I'm actually surprised. A lot of the Tribune Fox stations have one already. I guess I just assumed that KDVR did too.

Archived