TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

It wouldn't shock me if they got them at the same time as WFAA, given their production setup (they're using WFAA's secondary control room after all), but I wouldn't expect it.

I wouldn’t expect it. The secondary control probably has hand me down equipment.

I think I mentioned this before but TEGNA doesn’t have a wide variety of CG? Weren’t some of their previous graphics done on Tricasters?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn’t expect it. The secondary control probably has hand me down equipment.

I think I mentioned this before but TEGNA doesn’t have a wide variety of CG? Weren’t some of their previous graphics done on Tricasters?

if you are using a tricaster for your main production switcher... which some of the really small markets might do... otherwise no...

that control room can handle the current graphics fine... the new stuff can't be any more resource intensive... most cgs last a long time before they NEED to be replaced...

Don't fret [S]Mardek1995[/S] ...uhhh, I mean @Nicktes95, I hear someone is switching their graphics PRETTY soon, and if correct, someone you wouldn't think it would be... Anyway, one thing I'm gonna miss about TiH? [URL='https://youtu.be/fmHdOpPNZPM?t=43s']The[/URL] [URL='https://youtu.be/ebsvPRxfCGk']Texas [/URL]twang version

It wouldn't shock me if they got them at the same time as WFAA, given their production setup (they're using WFAA's secondary control room after all), but I wouldn't expect it.

When I visited WFAA’s Young Street studios, I actually saw that secondary control room KHOU’s using. I regret not taking a picture of it.

WTSP switched today in some type of hybrid update: the WTSP L3s are the same custom ones they were using before, but the background and other elements are the new Troika-version.

WTSP switched today in some type of hybrid update: the WTSP L3s are the same custom ones they were using before, but the background and other elements are the new Troika-version.

I have a feeling that they might update to the new L3's by 5pm tonight.

EDIT: Nope, They didn't switch.

2131214582_Screenshot(294).thumb.png.0d57ade0439383337f8b18293282ecd3.png

2130616186_Screenshot(295).png.4448bb07f4f966a541f30ebe5863c9b6.png

1033132388_Screenshot(296).thumb.png.e1e0978e527bb72801322ee9d3aa5700.png

Take a look at 1:59, top right.

EDIT: Also take a look at their new Facebook cover video.

They launched at noon today.
I checked just now and it's not even the full implementation. The L3s are still hybrid L3s. Although I did say last week tat within a week at least one station would get the new graphics. I never expected it to be WTSP of all stations. Will this rollout wait until August for WFAA, KHOU, and KFMB?

I checked just now and it's not even the full implementation. The L3s are still hybrid L3s. Although I did say last week tat within a week at least one station would get the new graphics. I never expected it to be WTSP of all stations. Will this rollout wait until August for WFAA, KHOU, and KFMB?

You have terrible reading comprehension skills.

Tegna just bought KFMB. It'll be months before they get the graphics.

I'm sure WFAA and KHOU will debut way before August.

Tegna just bought KFMB. It'll be months before they get the graphics.

I'm sure WFAA and KHOU will debut way before August.

KFMB I definately could see it, WFAA-KHOU I think they'll get theirs later this year (I think we all can probably agree that KHOU will be the last TEGNA-owned station to get the new graphics because of the situation they're in following Harvey)

Yes that would be it. It's the old Belo master control hub. After TEGNA bought up Belo, it was disbanded.

I think looks pretty advanced for a MC Hub with a multiple M/E switcher? Or was that a TXCN (or what ever it’s abbreviation is) control room?

if you are using a tricaster for your main production switcher... which some of the really small markets might do... otherwise no...

that control room can handle the current graphics fine... the new stuff can't be any more resource intensive... most cgs last a long time before they NEED to be replaced...

I’m thinking it was a old station that was part of NWCN that got a TriCaster and were doing graphics from it.

I think looks pretty advanced for a MC Hub with a multiple M/E switcher? Or was that a TXCN (or what ever it’s abbreviation is) control room?

TXCN is an abbreviation of Texas Cable News

TXCN is an abbreviation of Texas Cable News

No it's the old Belo MC Hub. It was relatively new and they had just started operating multiple stations there when Gannett/TEGNA bought Belo. So yes, it looks advanced and new because theoretically it is.

Everything has a little more heft to it, compared to what's on the website.

So where did that screengrab come from? The morning show is still using the old graphics.

During a commercial break on WWL this morning, they teased a "new" Eyewitness Morning News coming in April. So I wouldn't be surprised if the new graphics debut before the start of the May books.

Archived