NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

As far as the NBC stations, that only leaves out KSBW, KCRA, and WDSU. However, the two west coast stations are in "transition phase" (some portions of their newscasts are using the new graphics but other portions still have the old design).

Wait, my bad; I just saw the KCRA screenshot. So that only leaves out KSBW and WDSU (the former still being in transition phase).

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as the NBC stations, that only leaves out KSBW, KCRA, and WDSU. However, the two west coast stations are in "transition phase" (some portions of their newscasts are using the new graphics but other portions still have the old design).

Wait, my bad; I just saw the KCRA screenshot. So that only leaves out KSBW and WDSU (the former still being in transition phase).

KSBW also debut the new graphics at 12:00. 217300809_Screenshot(194).thumb.png.11164c7bedeb1e7bc637ce0f5f93bf72.png

WBAL has an odd bug for their helicopter. It's a decent sized box with an image of their helicopter.

Also the bottom half of their bug his translucent. There's a blue backdrop for the upper half and the bottom half is clear. Looks way off.

If they get the ABC and CBS affiliates in line so quickly that will be truly impressive. It took over a year for the last package.

They have what two CBS stations and fifteen ABC stations to get through. Along with slightly customizing the package for the newscasts that air on MeTV, CW and MyNet newscasts. But they may just keep the same name. For a while WBAL branded their MeTV newscasts with their WBAL Plus "You are watching WBAL Plus News at 10 PM", MeTV Baltimore (sans WBAL logo), and now its just the regular WBAL open.

If they get the ABC and CBS affiliates in line so quickly that will be truly impressive. It took over a year for the last package.

They have what two CBS stations and fifteen ABC stations to get through. Along with slightly customizing the package for the newscasts that air on MeTV, CW and MyNet newscasts. But they may just keep the same name. For a while WBAL branded their MeTV newscasts with their WBAL Plus "You are watching WBAL Plus News at 10 PM", MeTV Baltimore (sans WBAL logo), and now its just the regular WBAL open.

Can you post an OTA montage of WBAL's new graphics?

I created a montage of WBAL's graphics. Sure everyone has seen it before but...

As of this writing the video is still cooking. Unfortunately the 6PM open was messed up. It aired well on the broadcast and the file. But was messed up during the editing.

Were anyone’s monitor wall backdrops updated? Everything looks the same here. Only thing that was changed was when they do their stocks bump shot where one of the indices was cut off. It appears they take the full screen stock graphic and feed it to the wall rather than use a graphic designed especially for that.

I created a montage of WBAL's graphics. Sure everyone has seen it before but...

As of this writing the video is still cooking. Unfortunately the 6PM open was messed up. It aired well on the broadcast and the file. But was messed up during the editing.

At least they are still using Bill Ratner for the intros rather than Steve Stone

Archived