NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These new Strive cuts that all of the stations have switched to with the new graphics...are they mandated or do the stations just like the cuts? Is this a totally new package? Will stations be using the old one at all?

They really need to ditch the logos with the bank gothic font

Bank Gothic is a holdover from the camera mandate, and yeah I would like to see it go. But I know some stations already ditched the font after switching to the rings graphics, floating logo, or even the first generation diagrid. WGAL, WBAL, and WXII dropped bank gothic once they were using the rings graphics. Other stations like KMBC and WCVB did so when they used the floating logo graphics. Last but not least, there are some stations that dropped Bank Gothic when they switched to diagrid 1.0 (e.g. WISN and KOCO)

Last but not least, there are some stations that dropped Bank Gothic when they switched to diagrid 1.0 (e.g. WISN and KOCO)

WISN hasn't dropped it all the way; still in plenty of places on the set and in the newsroom (which just needs that long-needed refresh already).

The good news is they've taken up the new-style time and temp bug during non-news programming.

WCVB also has yet to switch to a new set. But perhaps they'll debut it at the same time they get Diagrid 2.0 (which will probably be in May, along with Hearst's other ABC stations).

I don’t know when WCVB will get a set. They spent a ton on monitors and I’d expect they’d want the money’s worth.

Okay, WBAL this is ridiculous. I assume others stations are in similar situations.

BB7F8079-47C4-40A6-9FA4-FBDC6D1ECA1B.thumb.jpeg.374a2180f7a25c1eac896d0f03e4ed24.jpeg

I think that is a literal lower third. Also as you can see the closings ticker and headlines crawl was never updated

The first batch of ABC station launch the new graphics Wednesday, April 4.

That'll put it roughly a week before the NBA Playoffs begins (given that Hearst owns stations in markets with NBA teams likely heading to the playoffs this year, don't be surpised if those ABC affiliates were to first ones to get the new graphics before the rest of the Hearst ABC group gets it)

The first batch of ABC station launch the new graphics Wednesday, April 4.
Neat! Do you have timeline? Will any of the stations be seeing any other changes, like a new set, perhaps?

KOCO: Thunder

WISN: Bucks

WCVB: Celtics

And that’s off the top of my head.

The Bucks are in the finals???? GOOD! I don't watch the Bucks but I did know they were going for the playoffs.

Archived