NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the first batch of ABC stations include WCVB, WISN, WTAE, KETV, KMBC, KOAT, KOCO, and WMTW.

You can add KHBS/KHOG to that because they are still in the newsroom as they are getting a new set. Set and graphics should debut at the same time.

For the ABC stations debuting the updated graphics next Wednesday, when should we see them first - in the morning, at noon, or in the evening?

Depends on what time they air newscasts for example KOCO has a 9am and no noon so if they do debut new graphics it could be at 9am or at 5pm.

Update: WTAE and KMBC are not in the first launch group.

Stations can choose which newscast they launch the new graphics in. Most will do it either with midday or 5pm shows, as other CBS/NBC stations have done.

There are two groups because there are many more ABC stations than NBC or CBS.

KOCO: Thunder

WISN: Bucks

WCVB: Celtics

And that’s off the top of my head.

Celtics: WCVB, WMUR, WMTW

Bucks: WISN

Thunder: KOCO

ABC Station Owners in NBA Markets:

Atlanta Hawks: Cox

Boston Celtics: Hearst

Brooklyn Nets & New York Knicks: A O&O

Charlotte Hornets: Cox

Chicago Bulls: A O&O

Cleveland Cavaliers: EWS

Dallas Mavericks: TEGNA

Denver Nuggets: EWS

Detroit Pistons: EWS

Golden State Warriors: A O&O

Houston Rockets: A O&O

Indiana Pacers: EWS

LA Clippers & Lakers: A O&O

Memphis Grizzlies: Nexstar

Miami Heat: BH Media

Milwaukee Bucks: Hearst

Minnesota Timberwolves: Hubbard

New Orleans Pelicans: Tribune

OKC Thunder: Hearst

Orlando Magic: Cox

Philadelphia 76ers: A O&O

Phoenix Suns: EWS

Portland Trail Blazers: Sinclair

Sacramento Kings: TEGNA

San Antonio Spurs: Graham

Toronto Raptors: EWS via WKBW

Utah Jazz: Nexstar

Washington Wizards: Sinclair

Watched the open of WISN 12 News This Morning and while no new graphics, I think they debuted the new ticker this morning? Could the rest come tonight or before Wednesday?

There was about a week between the ticker and graphics at WBAL. Plus I doubt graphics would debut on a Friday of a holiday weekend.

Also why couldn’t WESH just put their program feed fullscreen rather than have all this wasted real estate.

372C1FDC-5100-4BB1-9FEA-95E970603618.thumb.jpeg.4a2ec39ef96dc652557c4be1f413f3ec.jpeg

Just wondering here ... but could anyone put a comparison of the old ticker to the new ticker? I say this for two reasons ... I think WGAL still might have the old ticker and I also think there was not that much of a difference between the two.

Also, if anyone could put the new syndicated programming bug for WISN I would like to see that too.

Thanks.

— Marr

Just wondering here ... but could anyone put a comparison of the old ticker to the new ticker? I say this for two reasons ... I think WGAL still might have the old ticker and I also think there was not that much of a difference between the two.

OLD: 313078967_Screenshot(339).thumb.png.9cf15f603db8f33091f84091c417cffe.png

NEW: 1605221443_Screenshot(340).thumb.png.e366c57c747bf2796ee143d4e82b70bd.png (Screenshot taken from rkolsen's video)

Also, if anyone could put the new syndicated programming bug for WISN I would like to see that too.

Thanks.

— Marr

Here's the new bug. This bug appears every 30 mins during syndicated/prime time network programming (sometimes)

WISN_TEMP.thumb.jpg.c30a10749e2f21e2203704624a9bc931.jpg

Thanks.

— Marr

Old:

EEB3D742-0230-428F-AB49-9DD22004FC7A.thumb.jpeg.031f266abd5052447799d255cdd7044c.jpeg

And you can find the new elsewhere.

Here's the new bug. This bug appears every 30 mins during syndicated/prime time network programming (sometimes)

What did the old bug look like. Here WBAL just inserts a crystallized version of their logo. Sometimes it’s big others it’s small.

78DB08A7-46D6-4C34-852A-890FB1E3F58F.thumb.jpeg.533c0494a9ac7966cffc3018d35a8945.jpeg

What did the old bug look like. Here WBAL just inserts a crystallized version of their logo. Sometimes it’s big others it’s small.

Well, WISN still shows the crystallized version during syndicated programing. The "blue" one is only shown for a few seconds every 30 mins.

WISN_BUG.thumb.jpg.6643a0758151398b4dcb29a6ff8a3b19.jpg

WISN_TEMP.thumb.jpg.8d2d7287e85ace97cbde7614040fd93c.jpg

Most (all?) ABC stations will start using the new ticker Monday before the stations debut the new graphics. Sounds like things are rolling out smoothly so all ABC should debut Wednesday.

Thanks.

— Marr

I’ll try to make a video comparison.

But here’s the new ticker as debuted on WBAL.

[MEDIA=twitter]956459629134872576[/MEDIA]

OLD: [ATTACH]5680[/ATTACH]

NEW: [ATTACH]5681[/ATTACH] (Screenshot taken from rkolsen's video)

Thanks. That’s not that I thought they would have. WGAL’s is just a clear version of the logo that is on for Syndicated programs. I wish they would add time and temp on there. Like CBS3 in Philly. But that’s just me being picky. Lol

— Matt

Most (all?) ABC stations will start using the new ticker Monday before the stations debut the new graphics. Sounds like things are rolling out smoothly so all ABC should debut Wednesday.

I thought they wouldn't be getting the graphics till May.

Thanks.

— Marr

Here I made a video comparison of the various tickers WBAL has used. The video is five minutes long so it should circulate through everything. It includes the old diagrid ticker, the new diagrid, and the closings ticker with a headlines crawl (that remains the same as it was with the original diagrid). All were started at 4:00AM when the ticker first appears during Early Today.

Archived