Fox News Channel unveils brand-new newsroom

ColDayNews

It was unveiled yesterday during America's News Headquarters with Arthel Neville and Eric Shawn.

It took eight months to complete - construction began around Memorial Day weekend. It's now located on the second floor where the offices of FNC executives including Bill Shine (former EVP, Programming) and Roger Ailes (CEO) were once located.

The newsroom includes a studio that can accommodate live shots or a fully produced show, which will also be used for special coverage produced for the Fox broadcast network.

Photos below:

FoxNewsRoom-2.jpg

FoxNewsRoom-3.jpg

It was unveiled yesterday during America's News Headquarters with Arthel Neville and Eric Shawn.

It took eight months to complete - construction began around Memorial Day weekend. It's now located on the second floor where the offices of FNC executives including Bill Shine (former EVP, Programming) and Roger Ailes (CEO) were once located.

The newsroom includes a studio that can accommodate live shots or a fully produced show, which will also be used for special coverage produced for the Fox broadcast network.

Photos below:

FoxNewsRoom-2.jpg

FoxNewsRoom-3.jpg

Shouldn’t this be in the US Cable News thread? Sorry, I’m not trying to be a jerk (I get the feeling you don’t like me), just figured I’d point it out.

Good point. I initially thought it deserved its own thread due to the fact that the original newsroom was aging... the last major renovations done were in 2007.

My bad, I meant subforum US Cable News (instead of General News). It is deserving of its own thread indeed.

Wow, for a network that doesn't do much news, that is an awesome newsroom. The studio is amazing, and those ribbons are mindblowing.

Actually Andrew, they do do a fair amount of news on the dayside.

Wow, for a network that doesn't do much news, that is an awesome newsroom. The studio is amazing, and those ribbons are mindblowing.

I’d like to introduce you to America’s Newsroom, Happening Now, America’s News HQ, Shepard Smith Reporting, Special Report, The Story, and Fox Report.

I’m pretty sure you meant it to be funny but were dead serious. But nice try trying to backtrack and play it off as a joke!

The internet needs a sarcasm font

Okay. Whatever. Next time I'll use half the emojis to prove I've just made one then. If there's next time. ;):D:rolleyes:

Found in the Newscast Studio report on this that Fox says there are no plans to use the studio regularly. Wish I had that kind of money to waste.

They said the same thing about the new studio J. Anchor Bill Hemmer reported this morning it will be used for guests and digital content, eventually anchors. I can see the Daily Briefing coming from there along with America's Newsroom and Happening Now. And who knows it could even pop up regularly on Fox Business. That network kinda got screwed out of a new studio with Studio J going to FNC (previously reported as being built for FBN). Doesn't hurt to have a kick-ass looking newsroom.

That desk really only has room for one. I think it'll just be used as a flashcam location, similar to how their previous newsroom was used on-air. I don't really think any shows will broadcast from there. It's mostly a newsroom with a small studio space.

That desk really only has room for one. I think it'll just be used as a flashcam location, similar to how their previous newsroom was used on-air. I don't really think any shows will broadcast from there. It's mostly a newsroom with a small studio space.

Literally has two chairs in the picture but I agree, it is small.

They said the same thing about the new studio J. Anchor Bill Hemmer reported this morning it will be used for guests and digital content, eventually anchors. I can see the Daily Briefing coming from there along with America's Newsroom and Happening Now. And who knows it could even pop up regularly on Fox Business. That network kinda got screwed out of a new studio with Studio J going to FNC (previously reported as being built for FBN). Doesn't hurt to have a kick-ass looking newsroom.

You're thinking of Studio F, that's the studio that opened on Election Day. Studio J (http://www.newscaststudio.com/setstudio/foxnewsstudio-j/) hosts America's Newsroom, The Daily Briefing, Hannity and most weekend news programming.

The previous Studio N (http://www.newscaststudio.com/2017/06/29/fox-news-studio-n/) was exclusively a flash cam position for guests, reporter hits and news cut-ins and thus I fully expect this studio to serve the main purpose. Look for it to be utilized a lot during breaking news due to its proximity to the newsroom. You probably could do a show in there but only with one anchor I'd think (although initial renderings had two anchors http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/fox-news-newsroom-set.jpg).

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump but wanted to show everyone the new newsroom studio in use. As pointed out first today by ColDayNews , Studio N is hosting 'America's Newsroom'. Dana Perino will also use the studio as announced on last Friday's 'Daily Briefing' show. This is a two shot of the studio with Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith:

[MEDIA=twitter]975723433043660801[/MEDIA]

They even had an in studio guest, seated to camera left:

2091599073_foxnewsguestshot.thumb.png.d66e5c53a90b35bab8e2a39d99f9e116.png

The changes come as Studio J begin a remodel, as announced by Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith

Uploaded on twitter Courtesy of Johnny Dollar

[MEDIA=twitter]974676292590292992[/MEDIA]

The alert graphic was updated and looks inspired by the circular led column in the newsroom:

alert.thumb.png.5a888d5a669a68da030132b2199ef5e6.png

Archived