Good Day LA airing on KCOP

FiveNews

With World Cup starting today, KTTV has moved its morning program "Good Day LA" to sister station KCOP. Nice to see the station didn't throw in the towel on local morning news while the World Cup is going on. Any other FOX stations moving their morning shows to sister stations? Feel free to move thread if needed.

Any LAers willing to break down the Fox 11 Morning News and Good Day LA anchor line ups? Tony McEwing apparently moved to GDLA to replace Steve Edwards alongside Megan Colograssi but does he also do the Fox 11 Morning News? What is Rita Garcia's role?

I tried to look at it on the Fox LA website but they don't have any information.

But notice in the Titan TV listings its only from 7:00-9:00 a.m. which means the usual 9:00 a.m. hour is not aired and KCOP is airing Wendy Williams instead. Plus, the FOX 11 Morning News on KTTV is delayed to 10:30 a.m.

Any LAers willing to break down the Fox 11 Morning News and Good Day LA anchor line ups? Tony McEwing apparently moved to GDLA to replace Steve Edwards alongside Megan Colograssi but does he also do the Fox 11 Morning News? What is Rita Garcia's role?

I tried to look at it on the Fox LA website but they don't have any information.

4:30am- Araksya Karapetyan

5-7am- Tony McEwing and Araksya

7-9am- Elex Michaelson and Megan Colarossi (Tony, Rita Garcia and Bob DeCastro are in various roles in this time slot as well...usually studio or newsroom hits)

9-10am- Rita Garcia and Megan

10-10:30am- Marla Tellez and Bob DeCastro

12-1pm- Marla and Bob

Marla will usually come in later as she subs for Christine Devine on the 5pm news if Christine is off that day.

That is insane. I guess Tony and Araksya anchoring 4-7 am while Elex and Megan anchor 7-10 am is too difficult. Doesn't make any sense that Rita does one hour.

KTLA I'm sure has a breeze destroying the competition when they can't even put together a formidable line up.

KTTV's News Director had a long tenure at KTLA previously. I believe she was executive producer and Assistant ND. The anchor lineup reminds me of when KTLA's Morning News went by the "KTLA Morning Show" moniker. The 9am show had three anchors...Michaela Pereira, Jessica Holmes and Cher Calvin. It went by the name "The Nine." Seems like KTTVs ND is bringing up some of her old tricks to KTTV. Unfortunately, "The Nine" wasn't successful and they abandoned it shortly thereafter.

I forgot KTLA had that 3 anchor format.

KTVU uses the 3 anchor format for “The Nine.” as well. I feel like their segments and topics can be better. But then again it’s a different Market compared to FOX11 and FOX 5 where it’s a circus all the time.

I forgot KTLA had that 3 anchor format.

KTVU uses the 3 anchor format for “The Nine.” as well. I feel like their segments and topics can be better. But then again it’s a different Market compared to FOX11 and FOX 5 where it’s a circus all the time.

You should already know that FOX likes to tinker with talent (ie:Newsreaders) based on the KTVU experiences, over the last 2 years.

They will mess with it till they find the proper fit...and then they will shake it up again just for giggles.

That's what FOX does.

They tinker.

You should already know that FOX likes to tinker with talent (ie:Newsreaders) based on the KTVU experiences, over the last 2 years.

They will mess with it till they find the proper fit...and then they will shake it up again just for giggles.

That's what FOX does.

They tinker.

You're not wrong. After a restructuring of the anchor team, WFLD has remodeled their 9am hour into a woman-centric hour. The 4-6 and 6-9 female co-anchors join the social media/sports anchor and noon anchor along with the new-ish noon meteorologist for almost a View-like hour of inoffensive topics and segments and stuff like that. Maybe it works (it probably doesn't, ratings-wise), but it's different from competing programming, so why not?

4:30am- Araksya Karapetyan

5-7am- Tony McEwing and Araksya

7-9am- Elex Michaelson and Megan Colarossi (Tony, Rita Garcia and Bob DeCastro are in various roles in this time slot as well...usually studio or newsroom hits)

9-10am- Rita Garcia and Megan

10-10:30am- Marla Tellez and Bob DeCastro

12-1pm- Marla and Bob

Marla will usually come in later as she subs for Christine Devine on the 5pm news if Christine is off that day.

Not to bring this up again but I'm currently streaming Good Day LA and Elex and Megan are doing the 9 AM hour with Rita and Maria sitting at the desk as well. This show is so dysfunctional.

You're not wrong. After a restructuring of the anchor team, WFLD has remodeled their 9am hour into a woman-centric hour. The 4-6 and 6-9 female co-anchors join the social media/sports anchor and noon anchor along with the new-ish noon meteorologist for almost a View-like hour of inoffensive topics and segments and stuff like that. Maybe it works (it probably doesn't, ratings-wise), but it's different from competing programming, so why not?

I believe their 9A hr is their strongest (ratings-wise). Adding Sylvia was a no-brainer, giving Mike a break (instead of having to work all 6 hrs) and bringing in Kaitlin @ 9A made sense too. Because the show is divided into three parts.. 4-6A, 6-9A & 9-10A, having the last hour be a female-focus one was a logical, if not obvious, choice.

Not to bring this up again but I'm currently streaming Good Day LA and Elex and Megan are doing the 9 AM hour with Rita and Maria sitting at the desk as well. This show is so dysfunctional.

The rest of this week, there'll be no 9am, 10am or noon.

Like the 7-9am hours will be on KCOP starting tomorrow but then it'll go to Wendy afterward so the morning news block will just be four and a half hours instead of the total six.

Archived