Out & About

TexasTVNews

Plus Fox gets to be on a full-power station (albeit on a subchannel) in Fairbanks.

KFXF was simulcast on KTVF before this change.

I'm guessing Coastal Television is paying a pretty price for Fairbanks, in order to protect their Fox interests in the rest of the state.

• Like 1

KFXF's decision to drop Fox was a financial one.

"Notwithstanding significant commitments of time and resources from Gray and its talented local team, we have been unable to turn the station’s finances around," said Gray. "In light of these pressures, renewing the station’s expiring six-year Fox affiliation agreement was not financially feasible."

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/grays-kfxf-dropping-fox-affiliation/169737

Per the Memphis Commercial Appeal, former WREG news anchor Richard Ransom has been hired as the new main anchor and managing editor at crosstown rival WATN. His first day on air is September 25th and replaces Brandon Artiles, who will continue to anchor the 9:00 news on sister station WLMT.

An update here: looks like Brandon Artiles has left the station after all. Apparently there was a TV send-off, but otherwise this one slipped under the radar...

[MEDIA=twitter]923985683152277505[/MEDIA]

Keith Jones is the new weekday anchor for NBC 6 News (WTVJ) at 4 pm and 5:30 pm, also lead sports anchor for the news at 11 and Sports Final. He is replacing Adam Kuperstein who now works at WNBC.

I think he was at KDKA-TV in the morning slot here about a decade or so. He might have co-anchored with either Sonni Abatta or Heather Barnett at the time? The name and face seem familiar.

• Like 1

I think he was at KDKA-TV in the morning slot here about a decade or so. He might have co-anchored with either Sonni Abatta or Heather Barnett at the time? The name and face seem familiar.

Yes was on KDKA and before that he anchored the evening news on WOWK in Huntington-Charleston WV market.

• Like 1

Yes was on KDKA and before that he anchored the evening news on WOWK in Huntington-Charleston WV market.

That's right. Later did WTSP with The Morning Show (the good old days of WTSP) with Ginger Gadsen (now at WKMG) and has now been at WTVJ for 5 years, slowly climbing up the ranks.

• Like 1

I don't like to talk about politics but congrats to him. He deserves this victory after everything that's happened to him, especially losing to Allison in that brutal murder.

Keith Jones is the new weekday anchor for NBC 6 News (WTVJ) at 4 pm and 5:30 pm, also lead sports anchor for the news at 11 and Sports Final. He is replacing Adam Kuperstein who now works at WNBC.

Isnt miani keith married to ashley morrison who was married to the infamous rob morrison?

NBC Sports Boston has suspended radio host Michael Felger for insensitive comments he made in the aftermath of Roy Halladay’s tragic death and towards Dale Earnhardt . He will not appear on the station through Sunday.

His radio show was simulcast on the regional sports net. NBC Sports Boston has reiterated that although they simulcast the show they have no editorial control over it.

How put of whack is WKAQ/ Telemundo Puerto Rico’s Schedule? I know they are now an hour ahead of us and I was thinking that they may have a special feed set up for them or a few changes made. But most things look different. I thought they stopped preempting from the main network years ago.

It looks like Newsy is finally on cable. As I mentioned in the chatboxes, it showed up on Cox Gainesville on Channel 276.

It's the same channel seen online and on Cincinnati Bell. It's displayed as Newsy___SD, even though its shown in Widescreen.

I feel like I just got Headline News all over again!

It looks like Newsy is finally on cable. ...

You must have been an easy kid to please at Christmas...

Anyway...

Thanks for the info. Looks it's on COX here also...

COX in San Diego North Coastal on Ch 364 (sd) and 1364 HD.

• Like 1

It looks like Newsy is finally on cable. As I mentioned in the chatboxes, it showed up on Cox Gainesville on Channel 276.

It's the same channel seen online and on Cincinnati Bell. It's displayed as Newsy___SD, even though its shown in Widescreen.

You must have been an easy kid to please at Christmas...

Anyway...

Thanks for the info. Looks it's on COX here also...

COX in San Diego North Coastal on Ch 364 (sd) and 1364 HD.

Thanks for bringing that up! Newsy here in Gainesville is 276 (SD) and 1276 (HD)

Cable? Who watches cable anymore? That's so 1980s!!!!

J/K

Jim

I know your JK but I still watch cable. I have Cox Cable included here where I live. Don't have to pay a dime for it.

• Like 2

Thanks for bringing that up! Newsy here in Gainesville is 276 (SD) and 1276 (HD)

I know your JK but I still watch cable. I have Cox Cable included here where I live. Don't have to pay a dime for it.

Where I live in have Spectrum TV and Internet included with my rent but the TV is directly connected with locals in ClearQAM and 50 analog cable channels.

• Like 1