Out & About

TexasTVNews

Hi, first post here. There a couple of updates from North and Central Florida. First, from THE Local Station Channel 4, Francesca Amiker has left the station and is now the entertainment anchor for Tegna's 11Alive for the Morning Rush. Second, from "The News Station" in Orlando (Fox35), Jackie Orozco left the station to be the weekend morning anchor on Sinclair's ABC 6 &Fox 28 in Columbus, Ohio.

Finally, from WFTS in Tampa Bay, Rodney Dunigan(married to Jackie), has also left his station to anchor the weekend evening news on the same exact station where Jackie is.

MyNetworkTV is pointless nowadays. The programs on its lineup can easily air in syndication over-the-air and on cable. Originally, it was a response to the WB-UPN merger, and hooking up with stations that weren't carrying the then-new CW. Then, the shows that originally when the network started bombed. (Remember the bad English versions of the Spanish soap operas?) Now it's just nothing but reruns. The whole primetime lineup keeps getting pushed to later and later timeslots in several markets, including Cleveland (where it went from 8-10pm, to 11pm-1am, then 12-2am, now 12:30am-2:30am). I think in 2020, it should be put out of the TV industry's misery, or maybe merge with ION.

Guest Former Member 207
MyNetworkTV is pointless nowadays. The programs on its lineup can easily air in syndication over-the-air and on cable. Originally, it was a response to the WB-UPN merger, and hooking up with stations that weren't carrying the then-new CW. Then, the shows that originally when the network started bombed. (Remember the bad English versions of the Spanish soap operas?) Now it's just nothing but reruns. The whole primetime lineup keeps getting pushed to later and later timeslots in several markets, including Cleveland (where it went from 8-10pm, to 11pm-1am, then 12-2am, now 12:30am-2:30am). I think in 2020, it should be put out of the TV industry's misery, or maybe merge with ION.

That's the thing...all of their shows do air elsewhere on broadcast and cable TV. Hell, in most of their O&O markets, their stations air Law & Order: Criminal Intent in off-net syndication and through the service (well, last TV season anyway--now it's the Dateline NBC reruns). KCOP, I just noticed, has split-up the MyTV schedule--first hour runs at 9pm, second hour at midnight.

I know cable reruns don't always do well on broadcast TV, but if I was running MyNetworkTV, I would try to incorporate some of the FX shows into the schedule. I realize it'll take a lot of editing on certain shows to make it presentable for over-the-air TV, but it's a hell of a lot better than airing shows already currently elsewhere in syndication.

• Like 1

Broadcast icon Linda Cavanaugh makes big announcement after celebrating 40 years at KFOR. http://kfor.com/2017/10/17/broadcast-icon-linda-cavanaugh-makes-big-announcement-after-celebrating-40-years-at-kfor/

She will be leaving the station in December as Joleen Chaney will succeed her in the anchor chair.

As one reads the article, Cavanaugh went on today that she made the decision three years ago in order to give management time to locate a successor, Chaney, therefore, she is apparently not leaving to avoid Sinclair.

As a long time KFOR viewer, I wonder how much longer other long time KFOR personalities, Kevin Ogle, Mike Morgan, and Lance West will stick around as they've all been with the station for 20 years or longer.

• Like 2

Broadcast icon Linda Cavanaugh makes big announcement after celebrating 40 years at KFOR. http://kfor.com/2017/10/17/broadcast-icon-linda-cavanaugh-makes-big-announcement-after-celebrating-40-years-at-kfor/

She will be leaving the station in December as Joleen Chaney will succeed her in the anchor chair.

As one reads the article, Cavanaugh went on today that she made the decision three years ago in order to give management time to locate a successor, Chaney, therefore, she is apparently not leaving to avoid Sinclair.

As a long time KFOR viewer, I wonder how much longer other long time KFOR personalities, Kevin Ogle, Mike Morgan, and Lance West will stick around as they've all been with the station for 20 years or longer.

Congrats to Linda and she will be missed terribly. She is an Oklahoma icon, no doubt about that. She worked under KTVY and KFOR plus whatever ownerships and managements she's gone through too.

Congrats to Linda and she will be missed terribly. She is an Oklahoma icon, no doubt about that. She worked under KTVY and KFOR plus whatever ownerships and managements she's gone through too.

Wiki would've had six ownerships: Detroit News to Knight-Ridder to Palmer to New York Times to Local TV to Tribune. I'm racking my brain to think of anyone who has been at the same station under that many owners in which each was relatively stable and it wasn't sold in quick succession (a la one-time sister WPRI).

former WAGA morning anchor Gurvir Dhindsa is joining WGCL to be their new morning anchor.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/10/18/crossing-the-street-in-atlanta

Excellent hire in my opinion.

His story seems so salacious Gurvir will sit next to Davis on the morning news ; which Gurvir replaced Davis when Davis moved to the evening news. That was 20 years ago.

• Like 3

His story seems so salacious Gurvir will sit next to Davis on the morning news ; which Gurvir replaced Davis when Davis moved to the evening news. That was 20 years ago.

I said the same thing. If he wanted to go that route then he could've brought up Gurvir indiscretions with her time at WTTG on Fox 5 DC ( when she anchored with her current husband ex wife who she was previously having an affair.) Now that's a story but not what he wrote. I wished he had a comment section but he seems the kind that doesn't take to well to criticism (dish it but can't necessarily take it).

• Like 6

I'm not sure why Lilly would want a station that just have diginets, unless they're trying to snag the ABC affiliate from Stephen Marks (who owns WBUP/WBKP).

Nothing wrong with a station running only Digi's...they are becoming very popular with the boomers/genx'rs and cord cutters.

They will be the new "2nd cable tier" of OTA in time.

It also doesn't hurt to own more spectrum so you are ready for the next auction.

At $107,000...that's basically a California bathroom remodel.

• Like 2

Draper Communications (WBOC) has bought a Delmarva-area LPTV for $125,000. WSJZ-LD transmits on channel 33. I'd expect it to provide channel capacity relief for the main station, particularly with the Telemundo launch. Also, their Fox sub is not in HD OTA.

As per RabbitEars, WSJZ-LD is licensed to Ocean View, NJ, and whose signal does not even think about touching the Delmarva region. What would Draper want with this station?

• Like 1

former WAGA morning anchor Gurvir Dhindsa is joining WGCL to be their new morning anchor.

This will be the only female duo anchoring team in Atlanta news right now if I'm not mistaken. That's a nice, refreshing change from the usual male/female pairing were used to always seeing.

This will be the only female duo anchoring team in Atlanta news right now if I'm not mistaken. That's a nice, refreshing change from the usual male/female pairing were used to always seeing.

The last female morning team I can recall is Jill Becker and Karyn Greer on 11Alive.

I DM'd Scott Jones of FTVLive on Twitter about his rather nonsensical assertion that this pairing would be awkward. I haven't heard back from him, nor has he changed his story. I'd be surprised if he does respond in any way...

• Like 3

The last female morning team I can recall is Jill Becker and Karyn Greer on 11Alive.

I DM'd Scott Jones of FTVLive on Twitter about his rather nonsensical assertion that this pairing would be awkward. I haven't heard back from him, nor has he changed his story. I'd be surprised if he does respond in any way...

Stephany Fisher and JaQuitta Williams were evening co-anchors at WGCL for a short period of time.

April Dupre is the new traffic reporter for WWL. She began work this week.

She was actually doing traffic "behind the booth" for a couple of weeks. But her on-air debut was Monday.

Glad that they didn't stick with that "bimbo". You know who I'm taking about.

There will be one less PBS member station next year as Brigham Young University drops PBS programming from KBYU-TV to air its BYUtv network. (Only BYU's student-produced newscast will make the transition, but cable/satellite BYUtv viewers will still not see it.)

KBYU-FM is also to drop classical music, leaving the area without a station in the format.

The university says that the formats these stations have now would not be chosen in this day and age, citing heavy duplication of the PBS schedule to KUED.

additional info: Gurvir is only "temporary" and no permanent decision has been made (at least that is what management claims)

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017/10/19/gurvir-dhindsa-added-to-cbs46-morning-news-temporarily/

Here some people out at their station

After 24 years at KARE 11 morning anchor Kim Insley leaving, but across the Mississippi River in St. Paul. Over at KSTP Bill Lunn has been removed from the anchor desk at 5,6,10pm to reporting.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10159646701065457

https://www.facebook.com/KimInsleyKARE/?hc_ref=ARTV_uZraYT4XOQrv_w2a9YqBVE_7eyJO-rU7lRo5gAnt54dpx8unTtCBZLfvb6Yj24&fref=nf

http://www.startribune.com/kstp-tv-s-bill-lunn-leaves-anchor-post-he-s-held-for-8-years/452312193/

Charles Gonzalez, will leave KSAT on Nov 26th to open up his coffee shop.