The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

13 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

"Live at Lunch" sounds so vague title-wise it feels like they start the newscast whenever they finish off their chips and Snickers, rather than noon, and knowing how busy lunch places are you'd expect it to be 12:43pm.

Basically, this is WTVY, the 800 ton gorilla in the Dothan market. WDHN has come a long way, but its still in WTVY's rear view mirror.

The name itself started about 2009-10 when WTVY was also Panama City's default CBS affiliate and WSFA/WJHG filled out Dothan's offerings. 

It was originally hosted by former anchor Angie Casey, although the title leads to more of something that could have been hosted by the late Ann Varnum, a long-time "hostess" of the market who once had her own show with interviews and features.  She may have been involved in it's early years.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2024 at 11:44 PM, LOWERCASE GUY said:

WJHG is not on the short list. WTVM is though. There will be two stations this Monday that will debut.

WKYT seems to be ready with some designs already out there on social media. 

I'm curious if there are any stations that require most significant upgrades to get GrayOne. For example, there are no ex-Hoak stations currently on GrayOne.

(BTW this is GoldenShine9 but it was linked to an old email I no longer have so had to restart with the move).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

WKYT seems to be ready with some designs already out there on social media. 

Mark my words, WKYT WILL be debuting this month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's a great improvement for KBJR from the few minutes that I just watched online. They have not gone full GrayOne with the weather graphics yet, however.

Looking forward to watching on TV at 5!

Screenshot 2024-05-06 121922.png

Screenshot 2024-05-06 121936.png

Screenshot 2024-05-06 122012.png

Screenshot 2024-05-06 122045.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

It's a great improvement for KBJR from the few minutes that I just watched online. They have not gone full GrayOne with the weather graphics yet, however.

Looking forward to watching on TV at 5!

They look REALLY good! Also, I LOVE the open for WTVG !

Not trying to be negative (sorry in advance?) but I am just keeping my fingers crossed that WOIO 19 doesn't use the WWBT red when they switch....  From past experiences, I have a bad feeling that they will. So much red.  But the other colors are great on the other stations. WBJR did a fantastic job! 

I have to agree that both KBJR and WTVG were given great improvements from their previous graphics. The WTVG open looks fantastic while KBJR's use of GrayONE was fantastic.

Now, it will be interesting to see how other Gray stations will look with GrayONE.

1 hour ago, Denver Murray said:

They look REALLY good! Also, I LOVE the open for WTVG !

Not trying to be negative (sorry in advance?) but I am just keeping my fingers crossed that WOIO 19 doesn't use the WWBT red when they switch....  From past experiences, I have a bad feeling that they will. So much red.  But the other colors are great on the other stations. KBJR did a fantastic job! 

Fixed it. 

• Like 1

The 5:00 and 6:00 opens and talent rejoins for KBJR are absolutely beautiful. Personal opinion that KBJR's appearance fell way behind WDIO under their Quincy ownership... This brings them back! 

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder what some hypothetical color combinations would be like for GrayOne. For example, if Gray owned a station in Pittsburgh (would require either CBS to walk away from its non-top 10 O&O's, or a Cox and Hearst deal), the yellow and black would look really good I think.

I also think some purple is needed for WVUE when it goes to the package.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GoldenShine_10 said:

I know lists are frowned here, but I'm curious what stations have NOT flipped yet.

I would say about somewhere between 60-70% of Gray's portfolio has yet to flip at this point.

Edited by TennTV1983

4 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I'm disappointed with WVUE...  This would've been a great opportunity to implement the Saints colors...

In all fairness, they do use a gold color scheme for their Saints coverage/segments. Not so much the entire newscast, which is fine.

• Like 3