ABC 7 - Makes Minor Changes To Set

Vlad

Well they were probably insured. And all in all it was really only the backdrop that was damaged in that fire. Everything else remained intact and was re-used (except for the chairs, which were recently changed) so that was a pretty simple thing to fix, in which like alaskanews said, the Duratrans image of that skyline backdrop was probably cheap to buy. Or they probably had a backup one stored.

Well they were probably insured. And all in all it was really only the backdrop that was damaged in that fire. Everything else remained intact and was re-used (except for the chairs, which were recently changed) so that was a pretty simple thing to fix, in which like alaskanews said, the Duratrans image of that skyline backdrop was probably cheap to buy. Or they probably had a backup one stored.

They didn't have a backup one stored ... I remembered reading (on the Inside The Five blog, I think) that they had the company that makes the background rush to replace it.

In any case, Vlad is correct -- Disney/ABC is more than likely insured for fire damage and the backdrop was the only major visible thing that needed replacing.

Hmm, I guess that was the change that was to be done. Well it is better than what they had before so thats is good. The Eyewitness News and Circle 7 logo is several times better than before so that is good. Perhaps the new set 6PM and 11PM set will come in November, along with the new music. Doesn't look like the current set is going anywhere though... The music seems like it could come first. :p I guess it was a mid-way change. Similar to what they did back in 1999 when they added the ABC circle 7 logo to the cockpit like studio they had before. (1997 - 2004). So it looks like they will be using the current updated set that was badly damaged in the fire for some time to come.

They make it stylish. Lets see tommorow morning if there were any changes added to the interview area. And is it me or how come the backround behind Sade's side on the 5pm newscast is dark. The color looks off. It was ever since they changed the skyline.

Nice shots, but do you fans record/take shots from every newscast that WABC airs? If so, this is definitely a new level of obsession.

No, I only took the ones in Dec cause I noticed they were in HD for first time.

Looks like they also got new chairs for the anchors.

Nice shots, but do you fans record/take shots from every newscast that WABC airs? If so, this is definitely a new level of obsession.

It's a sickness these people have. WABC is not a god.

They also made another change with the set that I think was added this morning. For the morning broadcasts the city skyline has more of a sunrise look. Like how the old set did except its much more clear, sharper, and extends further showing the Empire State Building if you look closely.

I really don't think WNBC would make some changes to their set just because of the 7pm newscast. Why would they? They will do the same setup they have always done except it will just be an hour latter with a regular newscast.

I really don't think WNBC would make some changes to their set just because of the 7pm newscast. Why would they? They will do the same setup they have always done except it will just be an hour latter with a regular newscast.

It has been 3 years in that set. Then again, this is all purely speculative, but I remember hearing about it somewhere. Since it has been 3 years, I think the 7pm newscast would be enough of a milestone for at least a few tweaks graphically and set wise.

Nah, WNBC set is *the* best set out there. They don't need to tweak it. It's good as is.

The "Wheel" promo wasn't made by WABC. It was made by King World for the stations that air "Wheel," including WABC. The reason it looks like it that is because it's part of a throwback/retro campaign that "Wheel" is doing as it celebrates its 25th year this season. Usually WABC could put its custom "New Season starts Sept. 10th" tag to match its ABC7 logo, but in this case, King World did that already.

Archived