Male Fashion Disasters

SuitSnob

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Male Fashion Disasters: FOX5 Fashion Black Hole

MATCHING the tie and pocket square EXACTLY?!?!?! MAJOR Fashion Faux-Pas!!!!

Come to think of it, you are 100% correct. It's cheap looking and sorta ugly.

Why the hell do they even sell tie and pocket square "sets"?

I was not planning a new update so soon, but those naughty boys keep insulting the fine art and craftsmanship of professional businesswear and must be taken to task for it.

First of all, in the last installment we saw two problems with Rob Malcolm:

1) Constantly wearing casual clothing to report hard news.

2) When he does wear a suit, he wears out-of-control Wooly Mammoth Windsor knots that actually force his collar up and away from the jacket.

Here are two strangely casual outfits since the last update...

update01.jpg

What is the concept here? "I am going to wear a suit, but not really?

update02.jpg

At this rate, I can only assume that by mid-August he will be reporting in a wife-beater and a jockstrap.

And then we have the spooky, massive tieknot blasting his collar right out of his suit:

update03.jpg

(that is one wild pocket square fold he has too...but I'll give him a pass)

OK...Rob is now officially on the SuitSnobShitList.

Lonnie Quinn (who needs all the help he can get to look competant)once again buttons all the buttons on his suitcoat, then goes to sit down and once again you can see how it buckles as he tries to keep it from riding up:

update04.jpg

update06.jpg

update05.jpg

(Sigh. Why do they do this to themselves?)

And here is Lonnie's deskmate Chris Wragge looking like COMPLETE CRAP on Tuesday (For those of you who want even MORE reasons to hate him). First, he went back to a VERY bad habit of his sports-reporting days and wore a casual shirt with his suit with a tiny collar not designed to accomodate a tie knot. Then he did the damn "all buttoned up" thing as well:

update09.jpg

update10.jpg

You can see how it buckles and bulges out when he then goes to sit.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE BOYS?!?!?

Two quickies:

Rick Folbaum has been better lately, but we have another FOX5 pocket square out of control!!!!

update08.jpg

That thing is HUGE!!! Looks like a high-school student working at Dairy Queen making their first cone. Or maybe he folded a tablecloth and stuffed it into his breast pocket?

OK...I will end with a guy who gets it right 92% of the time. Gentlemen, THIS is how one should look on-camera:

update07.jpg

(We love you Reid!!! CBS2's loss is FOX5's gain!! Just don't ever wear that oneawful suit again that made you look like a bum!

Love and Kisses,

SuitSnob

Re: Male Fashion Disasters: FOX5 and CBS2 Disaster Mini-Update

Maybe I could get a really cool hobby, such as reading topics I have no interest in and then posting comments to the author!!!

You need to get a life. I feel really sorry for you.

Folks, let's all take a look at some of the recent posts by this creature who has informed me I need to "get a life"

Can someone please post some new WABC promos like the new weather one.

Yesterday they started to use talent opens again for Eyewitness News this morning and at noon. I don't get why they are similar to the open for the 5:00 news. In the past they would vary. Anyway it still looks good!

The long promo for Eyewitness News goes everywhere with Bill Ritter is from the same theme as well as the team to watch promos. Its a lot longer and it sounds like great music. That will probably be part of their new theme.

Does anyone have video of Roz's last day at WABC in November of 2003.

I cant wait to see how the backdrop will look tonight and on Eyewitness News This Morning!

The skyline is now a bit larger. So you see part of the skyline not just all blue when the anchors are showed by themselves.

If I need to "get a life" it sure looks like I can't borrow one from you.

Personally, I find this thread to be a riot!! In a world of the more casual the better, someone is finally stepping up to say cut the crap, wear what is not only appropriate, but what looks good.

If you find the information too disturbing or a waist of time, there are other threads, hell, there are other sites. In the mean time, let others enjoy the conversation.

I have to say I never noticed the suits these men wear until this thread appeared and now well I look at everyone!! :o

And today Matt Lauer on the Today show had a hideous combination!!!

I have to say I never noticed the suits these men wear until this thread appeared and now well I look at everyone!! :(

And today Matt Lauer on the Today show had a hideous combination!!!

REALLY?!?! Usually he is the Standard Bearer of Men's Fashion Perfection!

Guest zas1977

GIRL! You crack me up... no kidding!

You are riotous...

Keep it coming...

xoxo

What had me cracking up was what you said about Rob Malcolm:

At this rate, I can only assume that by mid-August he will be reporting in a wife-beater and a jockstrap.

Guest Junk Junk

If you find the information too disturbing or a waist of time, there are other threads, hell, there are other sites.

Freudian slip.

:(

If you find the information too disturbing or a waist of time, there are other threads, hell, there are other sites.

Freudian slip.

;)

intentional

You need to get a life. I feel really sorry for you.

Folks, let's all take a look at some of the recent posts by this creature who has informed me I need to "get a life"

Can someone please post some new WABC promos like the new weather one.

Yesterday they started to use talent opens again for Eyewitness News this morning and at noon. I don't get why they are similar to the open for the 5:00 news. In the past they would vary. Anyway it still looks good!

The long promo for Eyewitness News goes everywhere with Bill Ritter is from the same theme as well as the team to watch promos. Its a lot longer and it sounds like great music. That will probably be part of their new theme.

Does anyone have video of Roz's last day at WABC in November of 2003.

I cant wait to see how the backdrop will look tonight and on Eyewitness News This Morning!

The skyline is now a bit larger. So you see part of the skyline not just all blue when the anchors are showed by themselves.

If I need to "get a life" it sure looks like I can't borrow one from you.

OWNED!! ;D

You mean pwned!

What had me cracking up was what you said about Rob Malcolm:

We should be so lucky! Well, maybe Mike Woods will slip into that outfit to do a remote during the dog days of August!

Lest it be said or rumored that the Evil Suitsnob misses any nuance of men's fashion, here are some brief observations regarding the fashion-challenged Jeff Smith:

1) Today he wore two attractive, high-quality ties (one AM one PM).

2) As of today he has also switched to Half-Windsor tieknots from four-in-hand knots.

3) He wore attractive, spread collars instead of those weird point collars (and I have no idea where he finds them) on both broadcasts.

4) By 6 he was also sporting a crisp white French cuff shirt along with what seems to be a snappy new suit.

5) By 11 he added a natty pocket square.

This has to be the fastest transformation I have ever seen...from dogcrap to dapper over one long day. Looks like someone might be attiring himself in a manner befitting his talent and attractiveness.

(I wonder if Telly caught this!)

Oh my children, my children!!! I have let you all down! Is it really, truly possible that in previous posts I listed Andre Hepkins as being one of the best-dressed men on local news? Shall I run back through the thread and edit such claims as to save face? No. I must face my own folly and beg your forgiveness.

Why Andre, why?!?! WHY!!!??? Why did you buy it? Who were you trying to emulate? WHERE did you even get such a thing? What were you thinking? And HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!?!?!

Boys and Girls, I present to you...direct from the set of MTVs "Pimp My Suit," Andre Hepkins:

EEEEEEEEK.jpg

Tie clips are a risk when you wear them the traditional way...what in Walter Cronkite's name possesed him to wear this? Andre is like the standard bearer for Cool Preppy (OK...except for that one time he wore the blue velvet blazer...), WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE!!??!!

(I am so stupdefied I can't even comment on how the tie knot is too small)

ANDRE HEPKINS!!! REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE FOR SUIT DETENTION!!!!

Another gentleman shopping this week at The Pimp's Wearhouse is Lonnie Quinn:

08050708.jpg

Lonnie: Get the hairspray out of your eyes and take a good look-this is not a shirt designed to be worn with a tie!!!

Oh the horror...the horror....

Then, the frustrating Rob Malcolm continues to dress for a garden party while reporting the news:

08050703.jpg

And when dressing correctly while in the studio, his oversized tieknots continue to grow, almost to the point of parody: :)

MalcolmDoctored.jpg

Shockingly, the Top Ten Best Dressed Dapper Dave Evans of WABC makes his first appearance here:

08050704.jpg

Ouch Dave!!! Tell the dry cleaner more starch or get some collar stays! Your shirt reminds me of Sally Field in The Flying Nun!!!

Then there is Mike Woods...somedays spectacular, some days just not quite there (though what can you expect from a FOX5 man). Look at his unbelieveably sloppy tie knot:

08050706.jpg

It looked like that for all two hours of Good Day New York...wouldn't you think SOMEONE in the studio would notice and get him to fix it? Insiders, isn't there like a mirror on the wall of the studios as they enter so they can give themselves a once over on hair, make-up and wardrobe?

OK..enough snarkery...let's end on a positive note with two men in the Much Improved category:

Handsome, Hunky John Dicepollo was subbing for Dreamy Dresser Ducis in the evenings all last week. And on the PM shift, he actually wore some really sharp, attractive ties that looked great on-camera:

08050701.jpg

08050702.jpg

Can it be assumed that in the early-morning shifts he is just too sleepy to see how ugly his ties are?

Now, as previously reported....the Most Improved Award goes to Jeff Smith of WABC

Saturday AM:

08050709.jpg

Still adjusting to his French Cuffs...they are not quite in his suitcoat sleeve...but almost there...and then:

Saturday PM:

08050710.jpg

SHAZAM!!!!

Suitsnob is kvelling at seeing the cute little caterpillar in the lousy suits, shirts and ties turn into a handsome butterfly!!! Now, what did we learn Jeff?

JeffLesson.jpg

SuitSnob vows no negative comments on Jeff Smith until after Labor Day to give him time to continue to improve his wardrobe without threat of public riddicule. Unless he wears a trashy tiebar at the top of his tie. Some things just can't be ignored. ::)

Until next time!

Love and Kisses,

SuitSnob

SuitSnob vows no negative comments on Jeff Smith until after Labor Day to give him time to continue to improve his wardrobe without threat of public riddicule.

You want him to stop wearing white or something?

SuitSnob vows no negative comments on Jeff Smith until after Labor Day to give him time to continue to improve his wardrobe without threat of public riddicule.

What he wears UNDER the suit is none of my business!

What he wears UNDER the suit is none of my business!

So you say...

Lest it be said or rumored that the Evil Suitsnob misses any nuance of men's fashion, here are some brief observations regarding the fashion-challenged Jeff Smith:

1) Today he wore two attractive, high-quality ties (one AM one PM).

2) As of today he has also switched to Half-Windsor tieknots from four-in-hand knots.

3) He wore attractive, spread collars instead of those weird point collars (and I have no idea where he finds them) on both broadcasts.

4) By 6 he was also sporting a crisp white French cuff shirt along with what seems to be a snappy new suit.

5) By 11 he added a natty pocket square.

This has to be the fastest transformation I have ever seen...from dogcrap to dapper over one long day. Looks like someone might be attiring himself in a manner befitting his talent and attractiveness.

(I wonder if Telly caught this!)

I did indeed, SS. I wasn't thrilled with the yellow silk squares tie he wore on Saturday night, but the rest of the upgrade was excellent. He's clearly getting grooming lessons from Bill Evans, who dresses in a very similar style....

Archived