Male Fashion Disasters

SuitSnob

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Male Fashion Disasters: New Anchor Already in Trouble and Other Crimes

Don Dahler is a Not Ready For Prime Time dresser. Don't even get me started on Hennesey, but as he is usually int he field I cut a bit more slack than I would for an anchor.

Sigh.

Double Sigh.

Where in the name of Dapper Dan do they find these men? After perusing the candidate's resume and reel and having them do an in-studio test, would it be so hard to make them take a brief fashion test?

Here is your update Fashion Faithful...some of the regulars, some are new...some have been off the SuitShitList for months but have fallen back on. I can only pray that with Christmas around the corner some of these men will get the new clothing they desperately need from Santa.

Until then...here we go...

First, let me illuminate a post I made last month regarding Ron Corning looking like absolute ass when reporting at Ground Zero on September 11th. While everyone else was dressed as if for a funeral in dark, coservative suits, he wore THE SUIT:

100207corning01.jpg

Yes kids...the infamous old, grey, looks like furniture fabric, no structure WORST SUIT OF ANY MAN ON-AIR IN NYC suit. How in hell did he get up that morning and think "Hmmm...I am going to be reporting live from a memorial service today...let's put on a really cheap-looking, lightweight suit to honor the solemnity of the situation..."

Again, is this supposed to be some practical joke? To make matters worse, he committed Cardinal Sin #1 and (altogether now) Buttoned the Bottom Button of His Suit Coat!

100207corning02.jpg

And there he is on split-screen with Dapper Reid Lamberty which only accentuates his lazy, cheap and tacky appearance.

Now, so his infamous old, grey, looks like furniture fabric, no structure WORST SUIT OF ANY MAN ON-AIR IN NYC suit doesn't get lonely, he also recently sported the most hideous, ugliest WORST TIE OF ANY MAN ON-AIR IN NYC tie. Go get a barf bag before you look any further:

No, I am serious...get a barf bag.

I MEAN it!!!

Ok, you were warned....

100207corning03.jpg

Yes Ron...if I was wearing that tie I would feel sick as well.

How could a producer allow him on-air wearing that?!?!?!?! If it were my newscast I would say "Ron, how DARE you come to work wearing something so distractingly ugly!!! Now go get the janitor and see if you can borrow the tie he is wearing!!!"

Has a man ever been canned for bad wardrobe? News experts?

OK, let'e get the other FOX5 Whipping Boy out of the way....

(drumroll)

P R E S E N T I N G....

ROB MALCOLM!!!!

OK, not wearing the tie is bad enough here...but tell me kids, does it look like he is wearing a pajama top under his suit:

100207malcolm2.jpg

Oh yeah..also has bottom button buttoned...he was having a really bad day....

But seriously...looks like PJs, right?

Here we see one of his Ten-Ton Tie Knots succumbing to the law of gravity:

100207malcolm.jpg

Poor Rob. I still do admire him. I just wish he would find a fashion consultant who wasn't A) blind and :D retarded.

Quick Lonnie drive-by suiting...another bottom-buttoner....

100207lonnie.jpg

Do we NEED SuitSnob to tell us this looks bad? Seriously?

And then Andre Hepkins is still wearing that tight pinstripe suit that streaks all over the TV screen:

100207hepkins.jpg

At least he isn't pulling the crap with that tiebar anymore...so far!!!

Rick Folbaum had been doing so well as of late...but at least twice in the last week he fell back into his old, bad habit of committing Cardinal Sin #1:

100207button.jpg

Why Rick...WHY?!?!?!?

John Discepello is still winning the Consistantly Ugly Ties on the Handsome Man award (though none of his are as bad as the number Ron wore above)

100207discep.jpg

Great mix of patterns here Johnnie....um, yeah....

100207discepp.jpg

Mmm...nice colors....like mustard and doo-doo...what did the salesman call this when he sold it to you "Grey Poupon?"

Do you think John has a wife or girlfriend that is picking these out for him and that is why he is forced to wear them? The stud went to HARVARD ferchrissakes!!!! Didn't they teach taste?

OK, now the lion's share of complaints goes to relative newbie Don Dahler. This man needs a serious wardrobe intervention. How can he have so little self-respect to attrie himself when he knows that at least 26 people are watching him on CBS2?

Ugh...check out this suit:

100207dahler1.jpg

Isn't tailored to his upper torso at all. The shoulders look terrible. I am not sure if he got it off-the-rack or off-the-scarecrow.

100207dahler3.jpg

And then standing up we see that it is a FOUR-BUTTON suit. NBA Players aside, when was the last time you saw a professional man wear a four-button (besides a crappy one Chris Wragge has...but at least that one fits...also Ross on early seasons of "Friends") suit? They were barely in style in the mid-90's, surely not in style now. Has he A) had it for years or :D bought it cheap at a discount/ close-out place or C) stole it off of a scarecrow?

100207dahler2.jpg

Note that the sleeves also aren't tailored...you should be able to see a bit of shirt cuff peeking out.

Gentlemen: Getting a cheap suit off-the-rack (or scarecrow) and then not tailoring it is NEVER a good idea.

More horrors from his closet:

100207dahler4.jpg

Butoned up all the way...lousy fit, note how the collar of his jacket does not fit to the back of his neck (at least the sleeves are a bit better)...and then we move in a bit closer...

100207dahler5.jpg

UGLY TIE!!!!

Seriously, do these men ever consider how these multi-colored bold geometric ties are going to look on-camera?

Dan Dahler-you look like absolute crap. You dress worse than a door-to-door AMWAY salesman. Have enough self-respect to go to a better menswear store and have someone pick out clothes for you because you clearly cannot do it for yourself.

(can you believe they fired Reid Lamberty for this guy?)

(DEEP BREATH)

In my continued quest to end things on a positive note, let's look at a Fashion Superstar (who sits alongside Dan, further accentuating how horrid he looks) Ducis Rogers.

100207ducis2.jpg

Perfect, stunning and stylish.

100207ducis.jpg

This is what Rob Malcolm wishes he could do... blance perfect tailoring and bold style. Damn, I love this outfit...not for every man, but on Ducis it is sublime.

Until next time kids....

Love and Kisses-

SuitSnob

Re: Male Fashion Disasters: New Anchor REALLY in Trouble!!! Oh the HUMANITY!!!

I would say that Ken Rosato and Lee Goldberg are the best dressed men on channel 7. Maybe even the top of all the NY stations!

I would say that Ken Rosato and Lee Goldberg are the best dressed men on channel 7. Maybe even the top of all the NY stations!

Lee I will give you hands down...but Rosato? He is slick and doesn't do anything technically wrong, but I don't always agree with his taste. At least he has a look and sticks with it, unlike Ron Corning who just digs stuff out of the dumpster at K-Mart.

100207corning03.jpg

How could a producer allow him on-air wearing that?!?!?!?! If it were my newscast I would say "Ron, how DARE you come to work wearing something so distractingly ugly!!! Now go get the janitor and see if you can borrow the tie he is wearing!!!"

It sorta looks like Corning got that suit from Goodwill.

100207corning03.jpg

It sorta looks like Corning got that suit from Goodwill.

That tie looks almost as bad as my Don Slater avatar.

Corning mentioned Suitsnob on Good Day this morning. Jodi had a nightmare about his paisley tie. They are going to talk about it tomorrow in a segment about dream analysis. Keep an eye out for it. Corning wants Suitsnob to come on the show to do a fashion segment. Up for it?

Are you SHITTING ME?!?!?!? :D

SuitSnob already got an invitation to do a podcast this week and write an article at another forum...he has acheived complete Media Whoredom.

Corning mentioned Suitsnob on Good Day this morning. Jodi had a nightmare about his paisley tie. They are going to talk about it tomorrow in a segment about dream analysis. Keep an eye out for it. Corning wants Suitsnob to come on the show to do a fashion segment. Up for it?

I wasn't sure if this was a hoax as it was a first post...

But, IRONICALLY I had saved today's broadcast on the DVR because I was going to do a cap of Ron because he picked today of all days to wear a very nice outift-solid gray suit, light blue shirt and solid red tie...looked very nice.

And then the little shit says on-air that I attack EVERYTHING he wears! A cursory glance through this thread will demonstrate that SuitSnob has actually gone out of his way to point out the rare occasions where he does not look like complete ass-am I a nice guy or WHAT?!?!?!

Ronnie Baby...sometimes one has to be cruel to be kind. Your atrocious wardrobe choices have not only caused you professional embarassment, they are now causing your lovely co-host to have Acid flashbacks that are disrupting her sleep. What is the point of being talented, handsome and charming and then ruining it by dressing like a Used Car salesman from Hackensack? Find yourself a decent fashion consultant, and you really need to put this site on your bookmarks:

http://www.styleforum.net

There are people there who can give you the help you so desperately need.

Well, Congratulations SuitSnob. Looks like these bi-weekly shots of newsmen in New York finally payed off for you. Looks like you earned free tickets to see Ron in person, lol. Perhaps you should provide him with some advice when you see him, lol.

Well, Congratulations SuitSnob. Looks like these bi-weekly shots of newsmen in New York finally payed off for you. Looks like you earned free tickets to see Ron in person, lol. Perhaps you should provide him with some advice when you see him, lol.

I would be too afraid of choking on the polyester fumes as his clothing disintegrates.

Re: Male Fashion Disasters: Gooooooood Morning Ron Corning!!!

Here are a few stills:

Ron contemplates his tie:

101007corning2.jpg

Ron taunts Jodi with his tie:

101007corning1.jpg

This is right after Ron says, "have you read that blog where the guy takes me to task for everything I WEAR?!?!?!" I love his little scowl. :-* :

101007corning3.jpg

And as reported previously, there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with his outfit.

Here is a brief update...most of The Usual Suspects, though I have endeavored to make this post 100% Corning FREE to give the poor fashion-challenged man a rest. (You're welcome Ron.)

Usual Suspect #1: Rob Malcolm

Crime Against Fashion: Buttons Bottom Button

101007malcolm.jpg

It was really sad to watch this one...during the feed he tried THREE times to get his hand in his pocket but couldn't due to his suit being so tight against his waist due to his poor jacket buttoning protocols.

Tie knot was not too bad on this day however...it like, fit in the collar and everything!!!

Usual Suspect #2: Lonnie Quinn

Crime(s) Against Fashion: Buttons Bottom Button, Wrong Tie Knot For Shirt Collar (and Impersonating Actual Meteorologist)

101007Lonnie1.jpg

Tie knot the size of an apple, when one the size of a kiwi would actually fit.

101007lonnie2.jpg

Cloudy with a chance of looking like a dork who can't dress himself.

Lonnie, Sam Champion rarely gave us these problems...

Usual Supect #3 (newest on the list) Don Dahler

Crime Against Fashion: EVERYTHING!!!!!

My God where did they find this guy? First, note how his suit coat is rising up and over his neck whilst seated (that is, if you can take your eyes off of his distractingly ugly tie):

101007dan1.jpg

And what Boys and girls would cause his suit to not contour to his body and rest happily on his shoulders...

Oh, what oh what could cause this...

Could it be...

101007dan2.jpg

...HE BUTTONED THE DAMN BOTTOM BUTTON OF HIS SUIT COAT?!?!?!?

Let's throw in an extra shot of one of his George Zimmer Seal of Approval Ties for good measure:

101007dan3.jpg

I only have proof that one on-air personality is reading this thread, but I suspect that more men have perused it than we might presume. How can a rational, intelligent, educated person look at the shots and say to himself, "Gee...I think it looks GREAT when a suitcoat is all buttoned-up!!! That distracting tie that looks like Armageddon in an Aquarium looks nifty on me!!! I am going to see just how HUGE of a tie knot I can stuff into this itty-bitty shirt collar-who cares if it was designed for a small knot!!!" What do you guys think; is it just typical male ego that makes them think "Grunt...me like suit this way...my way good..GRUNT!!!!"

And look how spiffy Jeff looked this weekend on ABC after making a few small but key changes to his dressing habits:

101007jeff.jpg

(though that pocket square better not match the tie exactly...I am praying it is a diffrent shade)

In other news, if they bring Sean Hennesey back to the weekend anchor desk to replace Brendon they had better give him a complete wardrobe douche:

101007sean.jpg

He looks like he is auditioning to play Frankie Valli in a third-rate dinner theatre production of "Jersey Boys."

Sean, you have one of the worst wardrobes of any man in the market. Since you clearly do not like spending money on clothing, have you considered the Jersey Gardens or Woodbury Commons outlet malls?

Now in closing, I hate to do this but I have to play fair. Yes, Lee Goldberg is perfect 99% of the time, but SuitSnob is not quite sure about this sportcoat on camera:

101007lee1.jpg

It's a bit bold, but OK at the desk-especially for Fall. But when he goes under the lighting at the Weather Board:

101007lee2.jpg

It takes on quite a shine (almost like sharkskin) and some of the brighter colors take on volume (as in they get LOUD!). This does not qualify as a disaster, but I would have to say out of Lee's 20+ outfits this is my least favorite.

It has been a busy week here at SuitSnob Inc what with the Corning shout-out, a podcast I did today (soon to be online) and an article I was asked to write for another site. Busy, busy...but my work will not be done until the men of local news start to attrie themselves in a manner that shows self-respect and respect for their audience here in the greatest city in the world.

Until next time kids...

Love and Kisses,

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

SuitSnob

Maybe this is just arrogance; but what are good suits to own in the media business?

Did you mean ignorance? ;D

Designer does not matter, label does not matter. How must you spend does not matter. All that matters is that it fits, makes you look like a polished professional and allows you to go about your business projecting an appearance that expresses that you are an educated and accomplished man who has grown up enough to learn how to dress himself without the help of his mommy, girlfriend or SuitSnob.

Re: Male Fashion Disasters: 100% Corning Free!!!

Mr G's combination last night was one of the worst I ever saw (though my husband commented it is always bad). The jacket was too big and the color combo - purple jacket and a light green tie - UGH!

Usual Suspect #2: Lonnie Quinn

Crime(s) Against Fashion: Buttons Bottom Button, Wrong Tie Knot For Shirt Collar (and Impersonating Actual Meteorologist)

101007Lonnie1.jpg

Tie knot the size of an apple, when one the size of a kiwi would actually fit.

Now in closing, I hate to do this but I have to play fair. Yes, Lee Goldberg is perfect 99% of the time, but SuitSnob is not quite sure about this sportcoat on camera:

101007lee1.jpg

Note to both Quinn and Goldberg, this is NOT 1975! Lonnie, ties with knots that big died out after the Ford administration. Lee, checked sportscoats haven't been popular since the Reagan years.

Mr G's combination last night was one of the worst I ever saw (though my husband commented it is always bad). The jacket was too big and the color combo - purple jacket and a light green tie - UGH!

Mr. G is SO relentlessly awful SuitSnob does not even bother trying to intervene.

Love your new avatar, SS - how come you never talk about him?

Or about Mr. G's anchor Big Jim Watkins? Or Corning's morning counterpart on the CW, John "blonde highlights" Muller?

Jim Watkins' suits are cut with the bottom button WAAAAAY too low I am afraid..but he has great tie knots.

Muller falls into the medium-blah category...nothing particularily good or bad about him.

Why talk about Phil? He is perfection 99.9 percent of the time. I should feature him soon as the Good Dresser sometime soon though.

Telly, why are you reading this...go listen to my podcast!

http://www.turning25.com/category/pod25/

Archived