The Circle 11 is BACK!!

lugnuts6

About damn time that they dropped the silly CW moniker. Sick and tired of every station having its network affiliation before its station number, i.e. NBC4, CW11, etc... Glad that WNBC returned to News 4 New York, a legendary newscast name and heritage. I was hoping WPIX would return to Channel 11 News. Question. Will PIX News be pronounced P I X (each letter pronounced) or PIX (pronounced picks).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About damn time that they dropped the silly CW moniker. Sick and tired of every station having its network affiliation before its station number, i.e. NBC4, CW11, etc... Glad that WNBC returned to News 4 New York, a legendary newscast name and heritage. I was hoping WPIX would return to Channel 11 News. Question. Will PIX News be pronounced P I X (each letter pronounced) or PIX (pronounced picks).

Don't forget about that short lived "ABC7 Eyewitness News" branding.

I wonder if FOX will ever consider something like this? Probably not.

Don't forget about that short lived "ABC7 Eyewitness News" branding.

I wonder if FOX will ever consider something like this? Probably not.

I actually prefer the ABC 7 branding, rather than "Channel 7", since the station itself is branded as ABC 7 for consistency...

Isn't funny how everything is coming full circle? A lot of these stations (4 and 11 now) are going back to their roots...goes beyond TV too if you think about it.

Trying to go back in time to capture what once was; almost seems like a sign of the times in television and beyond.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the CW11 News at Ten has no CW11 logo on the set.

The only logos are on a flat screen on the front of the desk and a screen behind the news anchors so the switch will be easy.

Does the AM Show have the logo anywhere on the set?

I noticed the CW11 News at Ten has no CW11 logo on the set.

The only logos are on a flat screen on the front of the desk and a screen behind the news anchors so the switch will be easy.

Does the AM Show have the logo anywhere on the set?

Only on the wall in the interview/ presentation area. Just a small box.

Isn't funny how everything is coming full circle? A lot of these stations (4 and 11 now) are going back to their roots...goes beyond TV too if you think about it.

Trying to go back in time to capture what once was; almost seems like a sign of the times in television and beyond.

Maybe because they're starting to realize that consultants and "Q" ratings are all bullshit? And some people just want the straight, cut and dry. I enjoy the old school, those days were good.

Can we get an Edward R. Murrow type back for the Evening News?

Back to the resurgence, I make up a schedule based on a possibility that they go back to independent status. I try at least to be realistic without being too unrealistic as the station usually airs the current stuff, after all television is a business. However, at least they could add a touch of nostalgia, like the new KOFY in San Francisco.

Compare this to WPIX’s regular schedule:

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?aid=twpix (and KOFY's as well: http://www.kofytv.com/whats-on/titantv)

WEEKDAYS

4:30 am PIX Morning News (stays)

9am TD Jakes (an upcoming talk show hosted by a well known pastor) Read here:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6609665.html?industryid=47173

10am Maury (stays)

11am Jerry Springer (stays)

12pm Steve Wilkos (stays)

1pm Judge Karen (stays)

2pm Judge Mathis (stays)

(I think the cw afternoon block would go down with the network. Here's how the afternoon block would shape up)

3pm Friends (located from 6:30 pm)

3:30 Will and Grace (from 12:30 am)

4pm Frasier (from 1:30)

4:30 According to Jim (from 1am)

5pm My wife and kids (stays)

5:30 George Lopez (stays)

>3pm-4:30 can be considered sophisticated tv and 4:30-6pm can be considered family tv.

6pm Family Guy (second airing located from 7pm)

7pm Two and a half man (second airing located from 11pm)

8pm The 8 o’clock movie (the only Indy station we have in nyc is the barely watched WLNY TV 55 which does this to this day. All PIX needs to is buy the movie rights back.)

10pm PIX News at Ten (stays)

*Then to tie up the nostalgia, air the schedule that made them tops in the 80’s

*11pm The Odd Couple (from 2am)

*11:30 The Honeymooners

*12am Star Trek

*1am The twilight Zone (Did PIX air this in half hour or hour format?)

1:30 The Jeffersons (from 2:30)

2am Sex and the city (from 12am)

2:30 Friends (from 11pm)

3am South Park (stays)

4am Reno 911 (stays)

SATURDAYS

4:30 George Lopez (stays)

5am Paid Program (stays)

7am Classic Cartoons (if 4kidstv does not distribute cartoons to its stations, maybe PIX could go back airing tom and jerry, danger mouse, Popeye, Flintstones and others)

12pm Saturday afternoon movie (another at 2pm)

4pm My wife and kids (from 12pm)

4:30 According to Jim (from 12:30 or after the first movie)

5pm Friends (stays but relegated to ½ hour)

5:30 Will and Grace (1 hour earlier but nonetheless ditto)

6pm Two and a half man (from 7pm)

7pm Legend of the seeker (from 8pm)

8pm Chiller Theater (why not? Fans apparently get riled up pleading for a permanent return, at least at the chiller page on the PIX website)

10pm PIX News at Ten (stays)

11pm Star trek (from 12am)

12am Stargate Atlantis (1am)

1am Family Guy (from 11pm)

2am Chappelle’s show (stays)

3am Late Night Movie (check the schedule on WPIX about it)

5am Paid Program (stays)

SUNDAYS

6am PIX News Closeup (stays)

6:30 NY Residential (from 9am)

7am Degrassi: The next generation (from 10:30)

9:30 Sunday Morning Movie

11:30 Abbott & Costello (it used to air on PIX on Sunday mornings)

1pm Sunday afternoon movie (another at 3pm and 5pm)

7pm PIX at night (like they had in ’04 before they axed it with ny-based sitcoms such as Welcome back kotter, Taxi, The odd couple, The jeffersons and for the extra hour maybe different strokes and all in the family or Maude keeping it 70s)

10pm PIX News at Ten

11pm The Honeymooners (from 1am)

12am Two and a half man (from 11pm)

1am Sex and the city (from 12am)

2am George Lopez (from 4am)

2:30 Late Night Movie (from 2am)

PIX could buy back the the yankees for the 2012 season (WWOR's contract expires in '11 as well WPIX's contract with the mets)

Beyond the honeymooners' NYD Marathon, they could do like they did in the past "the twilight zone" NYE marathon and "star trek" 4th of july marathon.

Thoughts?

The proposed schedule doesn't make sense. The audience for the shows justin2kx suggested for the 3-5pm slot are not there, their either at work or school. The 11-2am slot is even more absurd. You're suggesting putting on shows that are decades old and in black and white over new shows that can generate money for advertising and viewership? Not going to happen.

The proposed schedule doesn't make sense. The audience for the shows justin2kx suggested for the 3-5pm slot are not there, their either at work or school. The 11-2am slot is even more absurd. You're suggesting putting on shows that are decades old and in black and white over new shows that can generate money for advertising and viewership? Not going to happen.

Family Guy and Two and a half men are new shows and quite profitable for the station. "Going back to their roots" and putting on the old syndiacted shows means they'd lose me. Justin doesn't understand that.

Whatever makes money for the station. Change the image, revert to the PIX of old...but maybe not completely.

It would be nice with a skyline, but it just looks so phony and miserable to me. Lots of news channels, even national use it and it's terrible.

They could put a picture of the Leaning Tower there, meanwhile the person is in a studio in Atlanta, etc...it's so stupid.

They did use the effect on the News at Ten on Tuesday. I thought they had a new set, but was later disappointed to find out that it wasn't. It would be nice if they did have a real video wall (like the video wall WNBC has on NY Nightly News) behind the anchors with a panoramic view of the city, if they are going to get a new set.

Archived