WNBC names anchor team for the new 5PM Lifestyle Show

cbs2news

What in the world makes WNBC think this new show will help ratings. They have messed with the 5PM hour enough. First, with the show "News 4 You". They cancelled that show after a few months. Then they started airing Extra at 5 (and later at 5:30) so they could make room for New York Nightly News. They ultimatley moved that to NY Nonstop because it couldn't compete with Jeopardy on Channel 7 and The Insider on Channel 2. Finally, when they moved things back to normal, management goes and makes more changes! When will management realize that change takes time and WABC and WCBS didn't get to their current position in the ratings overnight.

Also, I noticed that starting Monday, Deal or No Deal is moving to 3PM and Ellen is moving to 4PM. With all of the changes at 30 Rock, why even bother?

You know, I honestly believe that the leaders of WNBC are confused, which is why I stopped watching them a long time ago, their confusion will bring about confusion to their viewers, which in turn will yield an unhappy viewer, which will look elsewhere for the news, which is what is happening to them right now, they are only making it worse for themselves, I don't know when they'll realize this, but I'm afraid it'll be too late when they do. Sure they're making changes and taking chances, but sometimes, things take time and careful planning, they are just doing what WCBS did back in the mid 2000s, when they kept shuffling anchors and musical chairs and whatever... Anyway it doesn't happen overnight, they need to realize that...

I find Sara Gore annoying, just like the sales agent from the Progressive car insurance commercials. The two other fools are equally non impressive.

The new show will be a flop, just like everything else on NBC is. If you watch the shows by LX.TV you'll notice that they cater to viewers with higher incomes and I think that is out of touch with the majority of viewers in NYC.

I still think this is only a hiatus for news at 5pm on WNBC. Hopefully, NBC and WNBC will get new management with some common sense!

I find Sara Gore annoying, just like the sales agent from the Progressive car insurance commercials. The two other fools are equally non impressive.

The new show will be a flop, just like everything else on NBC is. If you watch the shows by LX.TV you'll notice that they cater to viewers with higher incomes and I think that is out of touch with the majority of viewers in NYC.

I still think this is only a hiatus for news at 5pm on WNBC. Hopefully, NBC and WNBC will get new management with some common sense!

I agree with you about the woman from the Progressive commercials!

My relatives and I were talking about LX.TV a while ago and how it primarily focuses on people of higher incomes. They make it sound like just anybody is going to go out and by a luxury apartment on the Upper West Side for $4 million!

You know, I honestly believe that the leaders of WNBC are confused, which is why I stopped watching them a long time ago, their confusion will bring about confusion to their viewers, which in turn will yield an unhappy viewer, which will look elsewhere for the news, which is what is happening to them right now, they are only making it worse for themselves, I don't know when they'll realize this, but I'm afraid it'll be too late when they do. Sure they're making changes and taking chances, but sometimes, things take time and careful planning, they are just doing what WCBS did back in the mid 2000s, when they kept shuffling anchors and musical chairs and whatever... Anyway it doesn't happen overnight, they need to realize that...

Wow, some of your posts before have been bad. However, I think this one takes the record for longest run-on sentence!

i give this show 6 months.... then back to "news 4 new york at 5"....

I've heard grumblings around town that David Ushery moves to 5am with Darlene Rodriguez, and Michael Gargiulo moves to weekend evenings with Erika Tarantal.

As for DeMarco Morgan? I have no idea... possibly sat/sun mornings with Pat Battle? Or just a general assignment reporter?

David Ushery is the number 2 male anchor at WNBC. I hope he continues with the station because he really is a true professional.

I agree. David is great and will probably get Chuck Scarborough's anchor spot when he retires.

As for Michael and Erika possibly anchoring weekend evenings, I think it would be a good move. I like both Michael and Erika and they make a great team. I would like to see them as a permenant team.

Wow, some of your posts before have been bad. However, I think this one takes the record for longest run-on sentence!

Haha, well in that case, it seems you're willing to offer me and a few others proper grammar and English lessons? Perhaps you ought to teach English 101 to some of us here. :)

And I agree that David Ushery, should be considered a prime choice to replace Chuck, when he retires. He definitely deserves that title of lead anchor since he's been with WNBC for several years, and was very successful at WABC as a morning anchor with Nancy Loo, for several years before joining WNBC.

• 4 weeks later...

The noon hour at WNBC appears will still be occupied by Paid Programming and a repeat of Access Hollywood. Seems to me like they could make better use of that hour like perhaps shuffle other things around and keep the 5pm news (or at the very least move it to 4pm). Could look something like this:

5am-7am: Today in New York

7am-11am: Today

11am-12noon: Martha

12noon-12:30pm: News 4 NY at Midday (or Deal or No Deal)

12:30pm-1pm: Deal or No Deal

1pm-2pm: Days of Our Lives

2pm-3pm: Bonnie Hunt

3pm-4pm: Ellen

4pm-5pm: News 4 NY at 4pm (or LX New York)

5pm-6pm: News 4 NY at 5pm (or LX New York)

6pm-6:30pm: News 4 NY at 6pm

6:30pm-7pm: NBC Nightly News

7pm-7:30pm: Extra

7:30pm-8pm: Access Hollywood

The hosts are all whiny rich kids with 2 million dollar apartments in SoHo. I don't know why WNBC thought this would be relevant to normal viewers...

It sounds awful and is only a matter of time before it is cancelled. As I mentioned previously, my family members and I were talking about how LX New York thinks everybody is going to run out and buy a $4 million apartment on the Upper East Side overlooking Central Park!

Even though it sounds awful, I would like to see just how bad it is. Can somebody post a video of a minute or two of the show?

What's that I hear: Eyewitness News and CBS 2 gaining more viewers as we speak!

Archived