WNBC Suggestion fo Fall 2010

AdamTheJ

1. Get rid of LX.tv and for G-d's Sake, Bring Back Live at 5.

2. If you are SO determined to leave LX.tv on at 5, create Live at 4, a 4pm newscast with the format of Live at 5.

3. Get rid of the "Where can I get a good meatball"-like ads.

4. START LISTENING TO VIEWERS

1. Get rid of LX.tv and for G-d's Sake, Bring Back Live at 5.

2. If you are SO determined to leave LX.tv on at 5, create Live at 4, a 4pm newscast with the format of Live at 5.

3. Get rid of the "Where can I get a good meatball"-like ads.

4. START LISTENING TO VIEWERS

First off, I think you mean get rid of LX New York which is currently on at 5pm (LXtv is a related show on the weekends which I believe has more of a national focus).

Second, as long as LX New York is on, you will not see a Live at 4 this fall. WNBC airs Today until 11am. Other shows WNBC has picked up for the daytime this fall are: Access Hollywood Live, Daily Connection, Days of Our Lives, Real Housewives, The Nate Berkus Show, and Ellen. Each are an hour, and you have 11am-5pm to fill. Six shows for six hours means no room for more programming. So as long as LX New York is at 5pm, there is no room for more news programming.

Third, Daily Connection, one of the shows on WNBC this fall, is a news-oriented show that is locally anchored.

Lastly, I do agree with most of your points. I think they should send LX New York over to the New York Nonstop channel and bring back Live at 5, with David Ushery and Jane Hanson as anchors (keep Chuck and Sue at 6pm and 11pm).

I have to laugh tonight, on WCBS and WABC the first story is train delays while WNBC is talking about LeBron at wedding in NYC for at least two segments.

How about doing the news first and leave the fluff for the end of the broadcast?

There are no live remote reports either. Every report so far has been a read by the news anchor.

Has WNBC cut the budget for 11pm on weekends?

I gotta say that WNBC was probably at its best during the (2003-2008) Rampage Music/Pyburn Era when they were NewsChannel 4. Of course they are not gonna go back to that, are they using that huge set they had before for LX New York? Anyone know what happened to that gigantic studio they had?

I gotta say that WNBC was probably at its best during the (2003-2008) Rampage Music/Pyburn Era when they were NewsChannel 4. Of course they are not gonna go back to that, are they using that huge set they had before for LX New York? Anyone know what happened to that gigantic studio they had?

6B is now home to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. 6A (the former Late Night studio when Conan had the show) was completely overhauled and is now home to Dr. Oz. The decision to put Jimmy in 6B was probably based on it being the former home of The Tonight Show and that this way, Jimmy's show could start immediately after Conan's ended.

7E is actually rumored to have been a conference room. Honestly, judging by it's size and shape, I wouldn't doubt it.

LX New York is done out of a different building, but I can't remember which. It's studio number is actually a reference to the street the building's mailing address is on.

Photos of 6B as WNBC's set was dismantled:

NBC4Studio6BStage

NBC6Studio6BStage

NBC9Studio6BStage

NBC13Studio6BStage

What a nice set they had, sad to see it go, but hey, thats what happens when budget cuts are occuring, lol. Which is why I dont' see a 5PM newscast coming back to WNBC. Even though LX New York is a ratings flop, for the most part it is, with WABC and WCBS in first and second respectively, I don't see WNBC coming back to offer anything that would make viewers tune in. And plus WNBC has dug themselves in such a deep hole that it would be rather very difficult crawl out of because of the changes and mistakes that they've made over and over again, not to mention the loss of some rather great talent such as Len Berman, just to name a few. The Channel has changed drastically, although Sue and Chuck remain, their retirement is inevitable and I wouldn't be suprised to see one or even both of them retire within the first five years of this decade. They have a lot of work to do to restore their credibility and gain back viewers. Viewers also have the option of watching NYNonStop as well which offers a 7PM broadcast for those willing to find the channel and watch it, haha.

What a nice set they had, sad to see it go, but hey, thats what happens when budget cuts are occuring, lol. Which is why I dont' see a 5PM newscast coming back to WNBC. Even though LX New York is a ratings flop, for the most part it is, with WABC and WCBS in first and second respectively, I don't see WNBC coming back to offer anything that would make viewers tune in. And plus WNBC has dug themselves in such a deep hole that it would be rather very difficult crawl out of because of the changes and mistakes that they've made over and over again, not to mention the loss of some rather great talent such as Len Berman, just to name a few. The Channel has changed drastically, although Sue and Chuck remain, their retirement is inevitable and I wouldn't be suprised to see one or even both of them retire within the first five years of this decade. They have a lot of work to do to restore their credibility and gain back viewers. Viewers also have the option of watching NYNonStop as well which offers a 7PM broadcast for those willing to find the channel and watch it, haha.

WCBS dug themselves into a big hole in the past, and look where they are today. So if WNBC were to come back with a 5pm newscast, they could climb back up to No. 2 if they make the right moves. I am not sure why WNBC continues with this crappy LX New York show. The only good thing about it is it brought back Jane Hanson! It seems better suited for the NY Nonstop channel.

LXTV seems to have gotten another format tweak last week.

They do a report on the big entertainment news story first then go to a news and weather update then they continue with another news story usually from a live remote.

So they are trying to make this a hybrid newscast/life style celebrity news show.

It used to be they would do a quick news update and weather report first then go to a studio segment usually celebrity related.

Part of the issue is that they also have very poor network programming, the network made some horrible mistakes too, so it will take a while before NBC makes a comeback, assuming they make the right decisions for the future.

And, from what I've heard, NBC's O&Os are floundering in general.

It doesn't seem to have affected KUSA, who's still on top of the local and network news ratings in spite of NBC's ratings woes.

Archived