New 6ABC look, logo on the way?

Jess

I saw the new mic flags; however the logo on the bug and on the website are still red. (Not that I have a problem with it)

The new look hasn't launched yet. Though if they went through with changing the mic flags I'm confident we'll see something Saturday...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I can say with certainty that the new look will be launching tonight. New images are being uploaded to the website showing the circle-6 and hints of the new look, and this morning's news had a brand new ticker design - very modern, with angled edges.

6abc-newticker.jpg

Finally.

They've been phasing in new elements all day; the new wings and ticker debuted this morning and the new in-show legal debuted this afternoon. And from the looks of it it seems like they finally managed to pull off nice looking real time 3d gfx on the viz. It honestly looks a lot nicer than I had anyticipated.

I'll get the footage as soon as I can, but that won't be until after 11. But I eagerly await 7...

I'm jaded when it comes to my news graphics packages, especially now when there's just so many cookie-cutter packages being used out there. For me, the gold standard for looks has been the great WBZ package up in Boston.

This new WPVI package? This may potentially be number two.

The best I can describe it is a fusion of WBZ's unconventional design practices, Sunbeam's over the top CGI, the Media General graphics, and the traditional colors and presentation of 6ABC Action News. All that and a unique lower third design that I've never seen on any station before.

The animation is drop dead gorgeous. Everything pops in and out smoothly and quickly. if there's a picture associated with a story, it's going to pop up as part of the lower thirds... and yet they're not all over the place. The bug is far more subdued than any version that 6 has been using in the past.

I think a play by play is insufficient for this. I'm going to make captures, but those won't be happening until tomorrow.

The animation is drop dead gorgeous. Everything pops in and out smoothly and quickly. if there's a picture associated with a story, it's going to pop up as part of the lower thirds... and yet they're not all over the place. The bug is far more subdued than any version that 6 has been using in the past.

I think a play by play is insufficient for this. I'm going to make captures, but those won't be happening until tomorrow.

I haven't seen the opening, how's that? Any major changes?

I haven't seen the opening, how's that? Any major changes?

None until the very, very end. The screen goes white from the center, and then zooms down until the logo is formed. Very, very nice.

I'm working on the YouTube, but that won't be until tomorrow. So, to tide you over, images of this awesome new look:

wpvi-2010-1.jpg

wpvi-2010-2.jpg

wpvi-2010-3.jpg

wpvi-2010-4.jpg

wpvi-2010-6.jpg

wpvi-2010-7.jpg

wpvi-2010-8.jpg

wpvi-2010-9.jpg

wpvi-2010-10.jpg

wpvi-2010-11.jpg

Absolutely nice! Actually there are :D!

WPVI has just pulled an epic makeover for a look that was doing fine with its current look. This package just made that last package look like crap.

I just wish a "Certain News Leader in Central Ohio" (coughs*wbns*) at least takes WPVI's hint and refresh its graphics at least as they are showing there age.

Bravo WPVI, kept it true to there "uniqueness", but moved it forward in a big way.

I was unsure of the new look at first. But the more I see it, the more beautiful it looks. They are still using the same colors from the old package (blue, gold and red) and enhanced them to awesome L3s. The weather graphics are mainly the same, just an updated background for the 7 day and the new 6abc logo. I really like the new O-T-S, especially during sports with the extra information. Helps the viewer know a bit more about the team. Overall, I give the new look an A. Once again Channel 6 Action News surpasses all others in Philadelphia in terms of graphics. Nice job!

Now that I've seen the opening, I want to say that it is all right. The opening is beautiful. But the L3's have to grow on me to be perfectly honest. I mean it is not bad, bit I expected even better from Channel 6. That said, I give this new package a solid B grade.

Archived