Heidi Jones, WTF?

Harry Houdini

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that is really unfortunate for Jeff, working 15+ hours on both Saturday and Sunday. I guess they are compensating him well. We have to remember though, it was always like this in the past especially with Lee Goldberg when he too was at the station as a Weekend Meteorologist prior to Sam Champion leaving the station in 2006. If anything he probably leaves the station at 10AM after the 9AM broadcast and comes back at around 5PM to prepare for the 6 and then leaves again and comes back before the 11PM broadcast. I don't believe he stays at the station all day...

I think he's at the station longer than that - he also does the updates during the day for the secondary cable channel they have. I know they're pre-recorded, but they seem to be updated at least 3 times during the day - once in the early morning, again after the 10 am broadcast, and sometime mid-afternoon before the 6; then again in the evening.

Try this one on ? Linda Church in, to work at the same station as her Ex- Husband!!

Would she give up her cushy job at PIX (not to mention her bikini shots) to be fourth wheel at WABC ('cause she'd definitely be below Lee and Bill Evans, and now probably Jeff Smith too....) ?

Maybe she sees the handwriting on the wall at PIX - if they can get rid of sports, maybe weather is next.......

• 2 weeks later...

As reported elsewhere, the station is advertising for Heidi's replacement, as well as someone to replace Jay Adlersberg, it looks like...

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/classifieds/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Medical Reporter&utm_campaign=Journal Open To Adding To Its TV Roster#classified-110

Has it even been confirmed yet and woudn't they usually announce her firing on the air first before they would remove her bio from the website? I thought that's what some stations do when they announce the firing of an on-air employee depending on what he or she did wrong and the reasons behind the termination.

Yeah, well I doubt they'd keep her even if she was found innocent. Because its such a huge blow and why she did this continues to be a mystery for me and perhaps a lot of other people. I find it interesting how some people, and celebrities with outlandish careers, fame and fortune, (that many ordinary people dream for) voluntarilly get themselves into trouble to sabotage it all. That was a true lack of judgement.. And she had it easy for herself too, like Sam Champion, she wasn't a meteorologist and yet she found herself working in the one of the most prestigious television stations in America, and she simply threw it all away by making such a stupid move like that. She potentially had a bright future, and she ruined it all for herself. Some people just dissapoint me..

Has it even been confirmed yet and woudn't they usually announce her firing on the air first before they would remove her bio from the website? I thought that's what some stations do when they announce the firing of an on-air employee depending on what he or she did wrong and the reasons behind the termination.

No, they would not typically announce a firing.

• 3 weeks later...

In a related matter - Jeff Smith has been doing both weekend shifts since Heidi's departure. This week, he's been filling in for the vacationing Bill Evans every weekday morning as well. Is he going to do both weekend shifts again this weekend? Good thing he's young - he'll need LOTS of stamina to make it thru 9 days straight starting at the ungodly hour....

In a related matter - Jeff Smith has been doing both weekend shifts since Heidi's departure. This week, he's been filling in for the vacationing Bill Evans every weekday morning as well. Is he going to do both weekend shifts again this weekend? Good thing he's young - he'll need LOTS of stamina to make it thru 9 days straight starting at the ungodly hour....

Last I heard, Art McFarland would be covering weather this weekend. I'm not in the office today though - so it's possible that changed.

I was at the Disney Careers site yesterday (looking for NYC jobs myself) and noticed that WABC is still looking to fill that Weekend Morning Meteorologist position.

Who thinks they'll just make one of the two fill-ins permanent?

Just read on the internet that the the Heidi Jones deep dark secret involves a gay relationship break up involving Jenna Wolf, Jillian Michaels, and her self. The photos are posted on the internet.

Archived